Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning Discussion > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.
Orlando Attraction Tickets
Unread 18 Apr 17, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tubbsy View Post
Oh yes! D'd got smacked by a woman in the face trying to push past to see Jack Sparrow!
That was 7 years ago.and I have a photo somewhere of some random persons hand patting Pooh Bear on the head when my son was meeting him.

Still, OK has a point. There's obviously CMs out there who really do not have that special pixie dust.
Will it change when/if TWDC buy up the shares I wonder
I hear what you are saying but we found similar CMs at WDW. So not sure TWDC will make a difference in that respect! Someone on the General Chat has just come back from the West Coast and said there were some awful CMs at DL too! And people agreed with her. Gone are the days, for some, where working for Disney was an honour - many see it as just a job and dare I say, some don't even seem that bothered about all things Disney. They aren't on holiday and looking for the Magic, they're just picking up their pay check 😬. This clearly happens in more than one of the Parks - but thankfully is rare. So I think singling out DLP for this isn't quite correct.

I hope you manage to enjoy the rest of your trip. You're there at a very special time! But, as a result, it's clearly very busy! I have friends there right now and they are loving it!
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our bonne vacances...
Unread 18 Apr 17, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tubbsy View Post
Oh yes! D'd got smacked by a woman in the face trying to push past to see Jack Sparrow!
That was 7 years ago.and I have a photo somewhere of some random persons hand patting Pooh Bear on the head when my son was meeting him.

Still, OK has a point. There's obviously CMs out there who really do not have that special pixie dust.
Will it change when/if TWDC buy up the shares I wonder
I, d be very surprised if the 'it's busy deal with it' attitude the Op talks of will change at all with TWDC getting more involved. It's a major peeve of regular visitors to WDW nowadays too, you only have to pop over to the florida forums to see that.
sammykitten is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
I'll be there for my birthday!
Unread 18 Apr 17, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn321
slightly serious Dibber

We where really annoyed by the character queues, like everyone else says, it doesnt seem to matter how short the line is you wait forever. We gave up after the 2nd day. There seemed to be no one helping organise anything, we got very irate at families all taking every combination of children, children and parents, children and grand parents etc, who then had to do the whole routine again with each members individual camera!

It was literally every single character just took forever.
martyn321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 17, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by martyn321 View Post
We where really annoyed by the character queues, like everyone else says, it doesnt seem to matter how short the line is you wait forever. We gave up after the 2nd day. There seemed to be no one helping organise anything, we got very irate at families all taking every combination of children, children and parents, children and grand parents etc, who then had to do the whole routine again with each members individual camera!

It was literally every single character just took forever.
DLP can't win - form an orderly queue and people whine at the wait. Don't form a queue and its dog eat dog with people getting physically hurt at times. They had people complaining for years that they wanted orderly queues - they've brought them in and now it takes ages (in peak season)...

The other option is to do what they do at WDW and make meets less interactive, with less time spent with each family. Again though, that's not going to please people!

I'm actually pleased they've got more meets now - for a while you were lucky to see 2-3 characters a day. They've listened, brought more in and in a more orderly manner!

Appreciate it's not nice queuing for hours though. Where possible we use EMH, or character meals, or simply give up time and get in line super early to be at or near the front.

DLP has just celebrated its official 25th birthday and it's Easter holidays - it was never going to be a quiet time to go. As much as I felt a pang when I saw the birthday parade, I'd rather go when it's a little quieter. This is why we chose May half term rather than Easter this year.
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our bonne vacances...
Unread 18 Apr 17, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

The only time we queued more than 20 minutes for a character, there were not actually many people in front. It's just that, as you say, the characters spend loads of time with each family and lots of
different combinations of photos are taken. Breaks are also a regular occurrence.

This doesn't depend on whether they have disability passes - it's pretty standard across the board. And having browsed various websites, many US Disney park fans regard it as a huge plus and
something the other parks could learn from.

The best way to avoid long queues is to go during EMH and/or do a character meal.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
DLP for lions, jungles and food, oh my!
Unread 18 Apr 17, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Ted74 View Post
A few posters seem to have missed the point, a bit like Disney!

Yes, we knew it would be busy and we've planned and looked for opportunities accordingly.

The 50 mins to see Mickey we turned down and instead saw the small queue at 1:05pm for the 1:15 Alice meet and went for it.

Can anyone honestly say they would see a queue of 7 or 8 families taking 55 mins to get to the front and then not be slightly annoyed if the characters then disappeared?

The attitude of Disney does seem to be "its busy, get on with it" when I believe for a brand of that nature they should be looking to exceed expectations and look for the small things that help customers out during what will be a tougher trip with the crowds. I've witnessed a lot of the "cast members" just doing a 6/10 bang average job. You certainly notice the ones going the extra mile, interacting with the kids when in queues, looking to fill small gaps on rides to get the queues through asap... but not everyone is doing that.
I think your issue is that you were in the queue at a suitable time, prior to the attraction opening. If you'd have joined the line at 1:30pm at got cut off before seeing the characters, then i'd have said well, if you're keen get there early.

It would annoy me also, I don't know how the medical cards work at DLP, but if there was only 8 families in front of you, I can't see why they didn't filter the medical bookings, rather than letting them all go in at the expense of families without medical cards.
Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Apr 17, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
geoffa
Imagineer

geoffa's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 8
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 1
DLP policy:

POST-STAY COMPLAINT

If your stay has already come to an end and you have comments you would like to share with us, please use the form available here or send an e-mail to dlp.guest.communication@disney.com.

Form: my-disneyland.disneylandpari...ancreContactus

If you want to take it to the top then email the CEO:

Catherine Powell: catherine.powell@disney.com

The system should work like Fastpass. So many medical cards then so many from the normal queue, then some medical cards, then normal queue and so on.

Edited at 02:26 PM.
geoffa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Cancelled because of illness.
Unread 18 Apr 17, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Ted74
Staying in the Castle

Mobile

Brilliant - thanks for those emails. I'd rather enjoy our final day and then pick it up after. It's never going to be 100% all the time, but when you raise it with the attendant and they say go to City Hall and the desk person there suggests an excellent remedy... for it to fall down when it reaches the Head of Characters, I think that's where the issue lies. Almost felt like the lady was relaying back to me a sense of the Head of Characters taking it as a personal slur on the team! I wonder whether some of the issue was lost in translation.
Ted74 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
QuickSilver