Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.
Unread 12 May 17, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Den
Apprentice Imagineer

I am finding myself somewhat torn. I never purchased the shares to make money and had almost written it off in my mind. I am now in a position where if I accept the tender I will be in profit and have no fees to pay yet part of me is thinking to hold on and see what happens. Does anyone feel the same or am I being foolish?
Disney Den is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Down by the Riverside
Unread 12 May 17, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
tinker82
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Disney Den View Post
Halifax have contacted me today about the offer so log into your account for the notification.
Thanks for this info - Halifax didn't contact me but I logged in & the tender offer was waiting for me under corporate actions!

I have 230 shares to tender so will end up with a tiny bit of profit obviously I didn't buy them for that purpose but I think it will be better for the park if the full buy out goes through.

I won't be happy if they don't let me keep my benefits for 10 years though! It certainly sounded like I would be OK as I currently hold a valid membership card. Where is the info that says you must hold 1000 shares?

Edited to add this direct quote from the official fact page which doesn't mention a minimum amount of shares:

'All the registered Shareholders Club members will see their benefits maintained for a period of 10 years, even if Euro Disney is delisted from the Euronext stock exchange following the tender offer and the potential mandatory buy-out.'

Edited at 07:26 PM.
tinker82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
RunDisney Paris Princess Weekend
Unread 12 May 17, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

We are thinking of using the money at DLP (maybe some for that lovely 25th anniversary book that's 40 or so!) so it would feel like we're still supporting DLP.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
DLP for lions, jungles and food, oh my!
Unread 12 May 17, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hyper_Stitch View Post
On the documents from yesterday it had a section on criteria saying something about having 1000 shares as per 2016 requirements or being a member pre 2005.
As long as you are a current SHC member, you are eligible. So you are eligible to remain for 10 years.

I see someone further up has clarified this too 👍🏻.

ETA - I have received an email from Halifax to log into my account. Haven't done so yet but know it will be the offer. However, as I said earlier, don't wait for a broker if you wish to sell - last time, prior to share dilution, some people weren't contacted and missed out.

Edited at 08:04 PM.
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our bonne vacances...
Unread 13 May 17, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Den
Apprentice Imagineer

I have elected to tender, my balancing payment on WDW is due in the middle of June and the payment for the shares is due at roughly the same time so in a way the money will be going back to Disney. I feel a little sad as it was nice to own a share of a place that I love so much. Just hope the Euro rate stays favourable until then.
Disney Den is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Down by the Riverside
Unread 15 May 17, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I only have 21 shares too so not worth paying a dealing fee to Halifax... are they likely to offer a free dealing, do you think? Or if it becomes compulsory, would that be without a fee?
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Cheeky Easter trip!
Unread 15 May 17, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Den
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkjon View Post
I only have 21 shares too so not worth paying a dealing fee to Halifax... are they likely to offer a free dealing, do you think? Or if it becomes compulsory, would that be without a fee?
My understanding is that Disney will reimburse the trading costs, I'll see if I can find where I read it

Edit - I can't find where I read that, I am sure someone will be able to confirm whether this is true or not x

Edited at 04:39 PM.
Down by the Riverside
Unread 15 May 17, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
lovewdw
Very Serious Dibber

Brokerage fees up to 100 refunded depending on transaction size (if your shares are tendered under the Semi-Centralized Procedure / see Tender offer document)
Tender offer website eurodisney-opa/en/

lovewdw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
QuickSilver