Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning Discussion > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.
Florida Tix
Closed Thread
Unread 24 Feb 09, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
matt987106
Imagineer

matt987106's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
i have toyed with DLP for a while now, i made a post on here asking people to convince me to book

a mate of mine went the weekend just gone, we went to butlins ( minehead ), as it happens we had a great time, my DD ( 1 yr old )saw TWO barney shows which made her weekend, even my other DD ( 6 yr old ) had a good time, liked the firest barney show, watched and joined in with the bob the builder show, the only downside was i kept on saying " its not disney is it " and its not, but for 4 days it cost us under 350 quid, that included food and spends, anyways, wnough of butlins

i was looking at DLP as we will not get back to WDW this year and the way the climate is might not be even 2010 but reading more and more people say " dont bother with DLP " makes me think it might be better to have haven and butlins holidays and save for WDW
matt987106 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 25 Feb 09, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
SC-owls
Excited about Disney

Been to both, enjoyed both, i think some people expect too much, I'm pretty sure if most people disliking dlp weren't looking through star spangled glasses they would enjoy it more. Remember we have more in common with the American culture than the European one, they behave a lot different to us, some may say rude, that's just the way they are.
SC-owls is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
No comment !
Unread 25 Feb 09, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
snoops
Very Serious Dibber

snoops's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by SC-owls View Post
Been to both, enjoyed both, i think some people expect too much, I'm pretty sure if most people disliking dlp weren't looking through star spangled glasses they would enjoy it more. Remember we have more in common with the American culture than the European one, they behave a lot different to us, some may say rude, that's just the way they are.
I have been to FL 6 times and DLP 4 times, the first couple of times I did compare but not the last 2. The last 2 times I have found all the cm's very polite, helpful a big change from when I first went. Even though I do not get the same feeling as in FL. and there are a lot of things I do not like about DLP this would not stop me from going back. DLP is ideal for myself and my GD on our own. I would dearly love to take her to FL. but cannot face going out there on our own. So DLP is the next best thing.

FL: Apr 93, Apr 95, Sept 00, Sept 01, Sept 02, Sept 04, May 11, July 15, Apr 17, Fantasy Apr 17

DLP: Aug 98, Feb 08, Feb 09, Feb 10, Oct 10, Feb 12, Feb 13
Oct 13,Feb 15,
snoops is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
So excited to be going back to ORLANDO.
Unread 25 Feb 09, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
msdisneytonian
Imagineer

msdisneytonian's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by SC-owls View Post
agree that some compare it to Florida but not all - Ive been 10 times to DLP and 4 times to WDW (not that im claiming to be an expert) but what I did notice this year was the smoking problem is way out of hand - even started a thread about it when we got back. As for the character interaction, I cant say I noticed any difference, in fact my step-daughter was dancing with the great mouse in the foyer of the Disneyland Hotel. However, the previous year I did notice the characters being more biased to other europeans.

The smoking issue wont stop me visiting again although I doubt I will at the weekends, it was manic. Also it was very expensive, again wouldnt stop me visiting - sign of the times.
msdisneytonian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Cruise to the Baltics on Queen Victoria
Unread 25 Feb 09, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
MATMELSAM&MOG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by donnakirby View Post
hi just back and most say i really didnt enjoy it.

we used RS transport shared shuttle bus from the airport - which was absolutely fantastic and would highly recommend them - excellent service. we were the only ones on the bus.

newport bay - lovely and clean about a 5 to 10 mins walk to the park - buses were very good and we didnt wait very long for them.

disney park and studios - were very busy - rides broken down - people smoking all over the place - disney characters favoured the french when it came to getting autographs and kept moving about and turning there backs on the children - no photographers anywhere to take your photos - lines for characters terrible.

princess lunch - was nice but characters very slow at coming round and menu choice - very limited.

innoventions character meal - was a nice buffet - good selection of characters but again very slow at coming round.

cafe mickey - extremely busy - and in my opinion the worst of the above - plenty of characters but so slow at coming round - staff quite rude.

i have been to disney paris 3 times now and the last time was 2006 - in my opinion i think it has gone down hill - very run down in places - staff quite rude in a few places - it doesnt have the magic or the sparkle of disney.

i think once you have been to florida - its the real thing - very magical and special and the staff are really genuine.

all the above is my own personal experience over the half term and my personal opinion.

would i go to disney paris again - no - it just didnt do anything for me at all - i hope i havent offended anyone with my views and thoughts.

thanks for reading.
Sorry to hear that you had a bad experiance at DLP, we had been thinking of taking the kids for a couple of days just to get a Disney fix as we do not go home until October next year, but something kept stopping us from booking, no not just the French :angry: ! personally we cannot compare with Florida, we have been pre kids and its just not the same, plus other members of the family have been to DLP recently and not had a good time, so we have booked an all inclusive holiday instead for one week

1999 Disney All Star Sports,2001 Disney Port Orleans Riverside, 2004 Disney All Star Movies, 2007 Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2008 DVC AKL Jambo house, 2010 DVC AKL Kidani village,2011 Disney Magic, 2012 DVC Kidani Village & Vero Beach, 2013 DVC Kidani Village & The Dream, 2014 DLP & Disney Magic, 2015 DVC Grand Floridian & Disney Fantasy
MATMELSAM&MOG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
DVC GRAND FLORIDIAN AND FANTASY!
Unread 25 Feb 09, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Administrator

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Closed Thread
US Rent A Car