Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.
Closed Thread
Unread 26 Feb 09, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma
Imagineer

Scotsmomma's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I don't think snobbery has anything to do with it really... it's just peoples preferences... I love Orlando...and like DLP for a few days... they are completely different and though it's hard not to compare the two if you've already been to WDW... I still think there's nothing wrong with DLP if you can get a good price... just don't go expecting WDW
Unread 26 Feb 09, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
riverdancefan
Imagineer

riverdancefan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I think you have to try before you buy so to speak!
we tried it...and would not go again, too many things that were unacceptable about it, my parents who had not been to Florida at that time also felt short-changed.
The point I suppose is that if you had been to WDW, and leaving out the weather, prices etc etc, as it is not fair to compare these things... you SEE how it should be done.
It should make no difference to the service, the interaction , the manners, the politeness and the overall ambience, ..this is Disney...and the experience should be universal.
However imo it wasn't for us, it is cheaper to get there as it is nearer..plain and simple.
I am no snob -" you can take the East end girl out of the council estate" etc etc ...lol. I love my 9.50 Sun breaks as much as anyone.

But I have grown to expect certain standards from Disney, and for us it just didn't happen in DLP, we felt short-changed and quite honestly cheated.

BUT WE TRIED IT...but like brussels sprouts , we just didn't like it !
riverdancefan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 26 Feb 09, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
envoguemia
Imagineer

envoguemia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I agree I dont think its a snobbery issue. I do not like DLP for one main reason, they simply done "do" disney the way the americans do. I found the cm to be quite rude especially in the food courts. We have done it twice and thats my lot and we only went the second time because we won a holiday with woolworths many years ago. I have to say that for me Florida offers so many other things besides a disney fix such as the weather and shopping.

I still believe DLP was build in the place. It should have built much further south where people are said to be much friendler and also the weather is warmer but thats just my opinion
Unread 26 Feb 09, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post

It's not snobbery - I am definately not a snob - but I have been to DLP and did not like it. We had the chance to return last year at the end of a holiday to France, and we chose not to. The smoking, the atmousphere, the "French" side of it (to me Disney is American) - I simply don't like it. The 1st Disney park I went to was in the US and I don't think I'd "get" it in any other country but america.

However, France is a lovely country - and I do like it - I just do not like DLP...
Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 26 Feb 09, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
*source*
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2waterford View Post
I have never been to DLP and have no desire to.

Absolutely nothing to do with Snobbery. I have priced DLP a few times and I have always found for a little more we can have a 2 week holiday in Florida compared to a few days in DLP.

But it really has nothing to do with snobbery.
Exactly the same here ~ have priced it a couple of times, and just couldn't justify the costing...

Also - friends of ours went recently and their experience was something I would not want to go through They wouldn't ever go back and after hearing their report, I don't know if I would be brave enough to try it!
*source* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Florida... & Panama Canal Cruise..!
Unread 26 Feb 09, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post

I think people do look down at DLP alot, though I have no idea why as the Disneyland Park (the one with the castle) is much better than Magic Kingdom in terms of rides and themeing, I don't really like MK it looks fake and plastic compared to DLP. The CM aren't rude they are just more reseverd than the American CM and not so OTT. its just a culture difference. A lot of the complaints I have read about DLP I have also come across simillar complaints about WDW. I like both WDW and DLP and will go to both every year and I look forward to DLP as much as WDW.
Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 26 Feb 09, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
gala
Imagineer

gala's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 24

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 336
It has nothing to do with snobbery. I just have no desire to go. I dont want to pay 1500 for just a few days as opposed to 5000 for 17 days. I do not fancy the idea of colder weather, the smaller format, smoking in the parks and the general free for all that many people have experienced with character meets. Thats not snobbery but just weighing up whether or not its a destination I want to visit. If the smoking were controlled and there was more organisation for character meets it still wouldnt appeal.
I am happy to travel in economy to Florida and stay in budget hotels so no snobbery here.

Margaret

1999 - All Star Music
2001 - Quality Inn International and All Star Movies
2004 - Homewood Suites I Drive and All Star Music
2006 - Homewood Suites I Drive, Royal Pacific Resort and Pop Century
2008 - Homewood Suites, Hard Rock Hotel and Coronado Springs
2010 Homewood Suites, RPR, POFQ
2013 Homewood Suites, RPR,OKW

gala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
OKW here we come...
Unread 26 Feb 09, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerella
Imagineer

tinkerella's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by lov2dis View Post
We've done DLP three times and it was nice enough BUT the service/atmosphere is not a patch on WDW.

We went when we lived in Essex and it was relatively cheap to get there.

Now that we are in Scotland, the price of going to DLP is almost the same as it would be for WDW. Add to that the fact that there is so much to do in Florida outside of disney PLUS the reliably hot weather and there's just NO WAY I would consider going back to Paris

Its not snobbery - Its value for money
im with you here as in the price irene

we've been the once to dlp and due to the rude attitude at the time with the cm's (never been to any disney park before then) toward my dd1 emma she was just turning 9 at the time, we didnt enjoy our time apart from the fact the we were also cold and damp

with what we paid for a 3 night stay in 2000 as to what i paid in 2001, i booked florida with weeks of having been to dlp due to the disappointment on emmas face, we paid in total for dlp 1100 but my price inclusive of disney passes (we only wdw on this occassion) i only paid 1286 for the 5 of us and this was flying with virgin from gatwick staying at the quality inn on idrive, so for me there is no comparison on price and im guaranteed the weather

i dont think its snobbery on my own part but i do see where you come from more so if someone sticks his/her nose up having never been
but then there are also those who stick his/her nose up at florida also having never been

mags

Quality Inn International 2001-Quality Inn International 2003-Quality Inn International 2007-Quality Inn International 2009
tinkerella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
vow renewal trip with kids
Closed Thread