Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.
My Magic Holiday
Closed Thread
Unread 6 Jul 09, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
BarrettFamily
Imagineer

I must admit that I would not go to DLP now I would rather save for longer and go to WDW. Last time we went I thought it was very expensive, dirty and not what I expect from Disney.
WDW Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa 2018 - 50th Birthday Celebration with Mum.
BarrettFamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
I want to go back
Unread 6 Jul 09, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Indeed...they have no manners, this is what we found everywhere we went at DLP.

It is just so strange how they can't grasp queing! It makes things run so much more smoothly if everyone abided by it, rather than one big massive bundle!

Hmm... I think I will just stick to Florida from now on... so much cleaner and friendlier!
Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 6 Jul 09, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
craigsteeps
Apprentice Imagineer

craigsteeps's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by HoneySugar View Post
Hi,

Just got back from DLP and had a great time, but has anyone else noticed the amount of queue jumpers in France? I found that people in DLP were quite rude.

X
I have been once in 2004 and will NEVER go again.. It has also put me off the rest of france as it wasn't just at DLP but the rest of Paris too.. I used to get really upset in shops/trains and just used to say random words in good old Del Boy style... PETIT POIS, MONGE TOUT ! BONADADOOSH (sp)... Got a few grunts back but at least i felt better !

Travel Lodge MGE April 2004
Honeymoon at CBR in Sept 2007
Holiday Inn MGE November 2010 !
craigsteeps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Fingers crossed...
Unread 6 Jul 09, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
BensMum
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by craigsteeps View Post
I have been once in 2004 and will NEVER go again.. It has also put me off the rest of france as it wasn't just at DLP but the rest of Paris too.. I used to get really upset in shops/trains and just used to say random words in good old Del Boy style... PETIT POIS, MONGE TOUT ! BONADADOOSH (sp)... Got a few grunts back but at least i felt better !

Oh, I wish I'd thought of doing that.
BensMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
USA Road Trip - 13 Parks in 14 days|
Unread 6 Jul 09, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
simon06
slightly serious Dibber

I have been to dlp once in 1999, queue jumping and smoking was bad. But the queue jumping at port aventura was worse, the spanish kids didnt even take any notice of the locals telling them it was wrong.
simon06 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Australia
Unread 6 Jul 09, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post

This is obviously a cultural issue. When I go to WDW or DLP i dont like it when people queue jump or people smoking but these things outside of this country and as far as im concerned it doesn't ruin my holiday and I just get on with it. Being part of a different culture where people act differently is all part of the holiday experience!
Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 6 Jul 09, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr & Mrs Duck
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Quackers View Post
This is obviously a cultural issue. When I go to WDW or DLP i dont like it when people queue jump or people smoking but these things outside of this country and as far as im concerned it doesn't ruin my holiday and I just get on with it. Being part of a different culture where people act differently is all part of the holiday experience!
Welcome and well said!

Di
Our little girl arrived March 2016

Mr & Mrs Duck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Then there were 4...Disney here we come!
Unread 7 Jul 09, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

The worst we found was the dumbo ride. They opened the gates to let people onto the ride before everyone had exited and people started coming in through the exit and getting on. The CMs did say something but they were just ignored, and this meant people who had queued were walking around trying to find an empty seat to get on that didnt exists anymore.
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Happy days in:
Closed Thread
Holiday to Florida with Florida4less