Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.
Closed Thread
Unread 5 Nov 10, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post

it's like everywhere. you'll not like some things but then you'll love others.

Tower of terror still makes ya leave your stomach half way up in the air and the nemo ride, well it just rocks.
Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 5 Nov 10, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Sprinkling Pixie Dust

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
If you read TripAdvisor, would you ever visit any hotel?

Here's my take:

1. People expect WDW at DLP.
2. DLP is not WDW. It's DLP.
3. People are disappointed that DLP is not WDW.
4. People diss DLP.
5. European service is very different to American service.
6. People diss DLP.

I love DLP - it is a wonderful, beautiful and magical place. But not everyone has the same opinion as me.

I recommend you with an open mind, and come back with your own opinion, and share it with others
I agree totally with this - we are going for our 12th trip soon so it can't be that bad.

Some people just love to moan & complain and if you look hard enough you'll find issues ANYWHERE you go

.:[ Our Trippies Index ]:.

19 x DLP, 8 x WDW

The Duchess does DLP
Melanie R is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Duchess at the DLH
Unread 5 Nov 10, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
snoops
Very Serious Dibber

snoops's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I agree with everything everyone else has said about DLP. Especially do not compare DLP & WDW. I have been 4 times in the last 3 years, yes I have had problems but it has not stopped me going back and I would still go back. When it first opened I hated it, it has changed so much over the years, for the better I might add.

FL: Apr 93, Apr 95, Sept 00, Sept 01, Sept 02, Sept 04, May 11, July 15, Apr 17, Fantasy Apr 17

DLP: Aug 98, Feb 08, Feb 09, Feb 10, Oct 10, Feb 12, Feb 13
Oct 13,Feb 15,
snoops is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
So excited to be going back to ORLANDO.
Unread 5 Nov 10, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
I have been and I must admit I didn't love it. However I still want to go back with my son and hubby as there were some fantastic bits that I would like them to experience such as Crushes Coaster and the brilliant Big Thunder.

I wish it was much cheaper and then I would probably like it more as I thought it wasn't really good value and I think that was what disappointed me. I went because I had promised my DD I would take her when she finished her GCSEs but if I had realised quite how much it would cost me in July I perhaps wouldn't have promised!

Does it excite me as much as WDW? No
Would I love to go back and see the xmas lights? Absolutely!
Would I prefer DLP or a British Theme Park? No contest, DLP every time!

Mybe I like it more than I think
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Only 3 nights but it's still WDW!
Unread 5 Nov 10, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
msdisneytonian
Imagineer

msdisneytonian's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Its not for everyone but I for one love DLP it was my first experience of Disney and Ive been hooked ever since. Yes there are some things that annoy me, the smoking is a nightmare and even after I complained to a cast member at the Studios equivalent of Guest Relations I was told its France, want do you expect - the response I wasnt expecting but it hasnt stopped me visiting and neither have some of the rude europeans. Ive met rude people in WDW too but I just think they are the ones with the problem and gald Im not like them. Go with an open mind and dont compare the two, DLP is not trying to be WDW.
msdisneytonian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Cruise to the Baltics on Queen Victoria
Unread 6 Nov 10, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
clairemichelle
Imagineer

clairemichelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
To me they are completely different holidays. You wouldn't go to WDW for 3 nights, but then you wouldn't go to DLP for 2 weeks.

We love DLP, there is so much attention to detail, and can't wait to celebrate there next May (ds turns 18, and dh and I will have been married 20 years)

clairemichelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Bonjour Mickey
Unread 6 Nov 10, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post

I agree with everyone else - DLP is NOT WDW but it's still lovely.

I always gripe about the food there - it's pretty poor for the price. But once you know that you can plan a bit better and it's fine.

I'm not a big fan of the Studios (apart from RnR coaster which is my favourite) but I think the main park is absolutely lovely. It's a manageable size and I've never had a problem with rude CMs (I do try my rusty French!). The only issue is people pushing in occasionally and that happens everywhere unfortunately!

No it's not WDW but compared to somewhere like Alton Towers - it's head and shoulders above most other parks!

Asterix World is meant to be very good - never been there though.
Unread 6 Nov 10, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post

After returning from my first time to anything Disney, I must confess that overall i really enjoyed it, there where a few things which i was not too impressed with but I will definitely be going back again. Once my trip report is completed you are more than welcome to read it and ask any questions.
Closed Thread
Kenwood Travel