Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.
Closed Thread
Unread 14 Nov 10, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Photos: 135
I've been to Florida once and dlp twice and I love them both for different reasons. I would definitely go back to Dlp as we had A great time. As another poster has said if you accept the fact your in Europe and not America a lot of the rudeness, smoking and expense makes a lot of sense

Nov 16-Shanghai & Japan - In Progress
Nov 15-Hong Kong & Singapore - Coming Soon!
June 15-Rome & Florence
Dec 14-WDW | 13-WDW | 12-DLP | 12-NY&DC | 11-West Coast | 10-DLP | 09-WDW
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Bucket List or Bust! - Tokyo & Shanghai
Unread 14 Nov 10, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahb74
Excited about Disney

I always read these DLP v WDW threads with interest, but have never posted as I've not been to WDW. We have just booked our 4th trip to DLP and can honestly say I've never experienced any rudeness, dirtiness, lack of customer service etc. I've seen a couple of people smoking, but we holiday regularly in France and that's the way it is (unfortunately) but its never spoilt my enjoyment or been a particular problem, even though my son is asthmatic and I really hate smoking.

We're thinking about WDW for 2012 for our 10th wedding anniversary so I've started reading some trip reports and reviews etc. Having seen the comments that appear on this DLP board I was expecting rave reviews at every turn, but have been horrified with some of the things I have been reading. We're probably looking at staying at AKL or Poly so I've mostly been reading those reviews, and plenty of them are full of complaints about filthy rooms, broken furniture, uninterested or downright rude CMs, smoking in the park and problems with Brazilian tour groups (for some reason?). I'm sure the majority of people have a wonderful time and no problems at both parks, but if I'd be disappointed at having a bad time having spent 1500 for 5 days in DLP I'd be even more so at spending 7k for 2 weeks at WDW (which is what it looks like it will cost if we stay onsite at a similar level of hotel to what we stay at DLP - here's praying for some discount deals!)

Sarah
sarahb74 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Quick summer trip!
Unread 14 Nov 10, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
SJEH :0)
Swimming at the All Star Resort

I think if you go with WDW up on a pedastool you will be dissapointed, DLP is TOTALLY different and is loved for different reasons.
You should never visit expecting it to be WDW, it isn;t, it's different but good different.

And, i have to say, the manager was correct, the French are a very different culture, i don't think the manager should have to appologise for being french!

I've never met a rude CM and will be visiting for the 5th time next Sunday, the staff have no power over the 'rude french' so don't think you can really count this as a negative against DLP.

DLP is miles better than every theme park in the UK, it's a beautiful park if you accept it for what it is, a disney park in Europe, NOT america. That said, if you go somewhere looking for faults you'll find them...
SJEH :0) is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our Dreams Come True,DLH!
Unread 14 Nov 10, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 14 Nov 10, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
bluegirl
Very Serious Dibber

[QUOTE=SJEH

DLP is miles better than every theme park in the UK, it's a beautiful park if you accept it for what it is, a disney park in Europe, NOT america. That said, if you go somewhere looking for faults you'll find them... [/QUOTE]

Well said
2007 Oct NEWPORT BAY HOTEL DLP
2009 Feb POP CENTUARY
2009 Aug HOTEL CHEYANNE DLp
2011 Jan Hotel Cheyanne DLP
2011 Aug Hotel Cheyanne DLP
2012 July Hawthorne Suites Lake Buena Vista
bluegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The best way to say good luck for Uni
Unread 14 Nov 10, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by sarahb74 View Post
I always read these DLP v WDW threads with interest, but have never posted as I've not been to WDW. We have just booked our 4th trip to DLP and can honestly say I've never experienced any rudeness, dirtiness, lack of customer service etc. I've seen a couple of people smoking, but we holiday regularly in France and that's the way it is (unfortunately) but its never spoilt my enjoyment or been a particular problem, even though my son is asthmatic and I really hate smoking.

We're thinking about WDW for 2012 for our 10th wedding anniversary so I've started reading some trip reports and reviews etc. Having seen the comments that appear on this DLP board I was expecting rave reviews at every turn, but have been horrified with some of the things I have been reading. We're probably looking at staying at AKL or Poly so I've mostly been reading those reviews, and plenty of them are full of complaints about filthy rooms, broken furniture, uninterested or downright rude CMs, smoking in the park and problems with Brazilian tour groups (for some reason?). I'm sure the majority of people have a wonderful time and no problems at both parks, but if I'd be disappointed at having a bad time having spent 1500 for 5 days in DLP I'd be even more so at spending 7k for 2 weeks at WDW (which is what it looks like it will cost if we stay onsite at a similar level of hotel to what we stay at DLP - here's praying for some discount deals!)

Sarah
Ah the Brazilian tour groups... well they are usually large groups of teenagers on school tours... each group wears a different colour t-shirt so they stand out quite well.

Typical behaviour includes... 2 or 3 in the queue for a ride and then suddenly they are joined by 30 others ! You will be walking along when they just barge straight past you.

Last yr we decided to have breakfast in Sizzler unfortunatly in there was abut 50 Brazilian teenagers, animals are better behaved, there was food all over the floor, chair,tables etc, they pushed infront of the buffet queue etc etc.

12 years ago when i first went to WDW the standards there were impeccable, but that has dropped rapidly over the years, parts of it do need a good paint, i have seen dirty toilets (never have in DLP), there are far fewer cast members than there used to be and certainly not all are happy and jolly.. Some people unfortunatly put WDW on such a high pedastal that nothing will ever compare..
LA 2015. 2016.2017.2018.2019
Vegas 2004.06.11.12.13.14.15,16.17.18.19
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Vegas / Anaheim
Unread 14 Nov 10, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickeys Mrs
Imagineer

I am the wife of Mickeymouse 09 and I can promise you we did not go looking for faults with DLP had that of been the case I would rather of not have wasted my money. It very easy to say to go without comparing but its still Disney and you cant help but compare, especially with the things like the upgrading of rides etc (i would have thought this would be a given to keep guests going back to see the differences). When you see the name Disney you expect the standard to be the same no matter where you are , Europe, USA, Hong Kong. I agree you cant blame Disney for the rude people wherever they are from it just didnt make the experience any better.

We, well I went expecting something totally different to Florida but felt it lacked the Disney MAGIC. I am not saying that I want fireworks every night it just lacked something and I think it was interaction with cast members. They did not seem to enjoy working there and unfortunately when you work at what is meant to be a magical place then you need to reflect that which did not come across at any of the parks or the hotel I am afraid.

I am sure there are people who love it and people who don't (just like any holiday destination) we are all entitled to our opinions no matter who you are, first timers, returners, Floridian goers or not.

If you have a holiday planned to any Disney Location I hope you have a fab time

Sarah

DLP 2002 (offsite) & 2010 (Hotel Cheyenne
WDW 2003 (idrive), 2006 (idrive), 2009 (idrive), 2012 (Highlands Reserve), 2015 (Lindfields & DCL) & 2017 (AKL & DCL)
Mickeys Mrs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Crusin' on the Dream and then AKL :-)
Unread 14 Nov 10, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
moolie19
Imagineer

moolie19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I am always really dissapointed when I read threads like this as people always seem to comare wdw to dlp and then say 'I dont like it', 'dont waste your money' and dont go.
I always think this is so sad as there are many people that really love dlp (me included, but i also love wdw too )

The parks are aimed at a very different market. Dlp is aimed at customers from all over europe to be able to pop to for a short break or weekend away.
Wdw is a destination which is aimed at people looking to book a longer holiday. wdw has also had a long time to get things right as it has been open for longer and has therefore expanded over the years to be what it is now.
dlp is still growing and will do for many years to come.

The thing to remember also is that despite being disney both parks are in different countries where culture and manners are completely different. I personally dont like the smoking in dlp, but I also dont like the manners of the brazilian tour groups in wdw. I also much prefer the castle in paris, and some of the rides but my all time favourite park is epcot.

what I suppose I am trying to say is they are both different and shouldnt be judged side by side, but as two completely different holiday expriences.
moolie19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Christmas in Finland
Closed Thread
Attraction Tickets Direct