Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 14 Nov 10, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post

I think if you go with WDW up on a pedastool you will be dissapointed, DLP is TOTALLY different and is loved for different reasons.
You should never visit expecting it to be WDW, it isn;t, it's different but good different.

And, i have to say, the manager was correct, the French are a very different culture, i don't think the manager should have to appologise for being french!

I've never met a rude CM and will be visiting for the 5th time next Sunday, the staff have no power over the 'rude french' so don't think you can really count this as a negative against DLP.

DLP is miles better than every theme park in the UK, it's a beautiful park if you accept it for what it is, a disney park in Europe, NOT america. That said, if you go somewhere looking for faults you'll find them...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 10, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Old 14 Nov 10, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
bluegirl
Very Serious Dibber

[QUOTE=SJEH

DLP is miles better than every theme park in the UK, it's a beautiful park if you accept it for what it is, a disney park in Europe, NOT america. That said, if you go somewhere looking for faults you'll find them... [/QUOTE]

Well said
2007 Oct NEWPORT BAY HOTEL DLP
2009 Feb POP CENTUARY
2009 Aug HOTEL CHEYANNE DLp
2011 Jan Hotel Cheyanne DLP
2011 Aug Hotel Cheyanne DLP
2012 July Hawthorne Suites Lake Buena Vista
bluegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 10, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by sarahb74 View Post
I always read these DLP v WDW threads with interest, but have never posted as I've not been to WDW. We have just booked our 4th trip to DLP and can honestly say I've never experienced any rudeness, dirtiness, lack of customer service etc. I've seen a couple of people smoking, but we holiday regularly in France and that's the way it is (unfortunately) but its never spoilt my enjoyment or been a particular problem, even though my son is asthmatic and I really hate smoking.

We're thinking about WDW for 2012 for our 10th wedding anniversary so I've started reading some trip reports and reviews etc. Having seen the comments that appear on this DLP board I was expecting rave reviews at every turn, but have been horrified with some of the things I have been reading. We're probably looking at staying at AKL or Poly so I've mostly been reading those reviews, and plenty of them are full of complaints about filthy rooms, broken furniture, uninterested or downright rude CMs, smoking in the park and problems with Brazilian tour groups (for some reason?). I'm sure the majority of people have a wonderful time and no problems at both parks, but if I'd be disappointed at having a bad time having spent £1500 for 5 days in DLP I'd be even more so at spending £7k for 2 weeks at WDW (which is what it looks like it will cost if we stay onsite at a similar level of hotel to what we stay at DLP - here's praying for some discount deals!)

Sarah
Ah the Brazilian tour groups... well they are usually large groups of teenagers on school tours... each group wears a different colour t-shirt so they stand out quite well.

Typical behaviour includes... 2 or 3 in the queue for a ride and then suddenly they are joined by 30 others ! You will be walking along when they just barge straight past you.

Last yr we decided to have breakfast in Sizzler unfortunatly in there was abut 50 Brazilian teenagers, animals are better behaved, there was food all over the floor, chair,tables etc, they pushed infront of the buffet queue etc etc.

12 years ago when i first went to WDW the standards there were impeccable, but that has dropped rapidly over the years, parts of it do need a good paint, i have seen dirty toilets (never have in DLP), there are far fewer cast members than there used to be and certainly not all are happy and jolly.. Some people unfortunatly put WDW on such a high pedastal that nothing will ever compare..
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 10, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickeys Mrs
Imagineer

I am the wife of Mickeymouse 09 and I can promise you we did not go looking for faults with DLP had that of been the case I would rather of not have wasted my money. It very easy to say to go without comparing but its still Disney and you cant help but compare, especially with the things like the upgrading of rides etc (i would have thought this would be a given to keep guests going back to see the differences). When you see the name Disney you expect the standard to be the same no matter where you are , Europe, USA, Hong Kong. I agree you cant blame Disney for the rude people wherever they are from it just didnt make the experience any better.

We, well I went expecting something totally different to Florida but felt it lacked the Disney MAGIC. I am not saying that I want fireworks every night it just lacked something and I think it was interaction with cast members. They did not seem to enjoy working there and unfortunately when you work at what is meant to be a magical place then you need to reflect that which did not come across at any of the parks or the hotel I am afraid.

I am sure there are people who love it and people who don't (just like any holiday destination) we are all entitled to our opinions no matter who you are, first timers, returners, Floridian goers or not.

If you have a holiday planned to any Disney Location I hope you have a fab time

Sarah

DLP 2002 & 2010
WDW 2003, 2006, 2009, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2022, 2023 (solo trip) & 2024
Mickeys Mrs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 10, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
moolie19
Imagineer

moolie19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I am always really dissapointed when I read threads like this as people always seem to comare wdw to dlp and then say 'I dont like it', 'dont waste your money' and dont go.
I always think this is so sad as there are many people that really love dlp (me included, but i also love wdw too )

The parks are aimed at a very different market. Dlp is aimed at customers from all over europe to be able to pop to for a short break or weekend away.
Wdw is a destination which is aimed at people looking to book a longer holiday. wdw has also had a long time to get things right as it has been open for longer and has therefore expanded over the years to be what it is now.
dlp is still growing and will do for many years to come.

The thing to remember also is that despite being disney both parks are in different countries where culture and manners are completely different. I personally dont like the smoking in dlp, but I also dont like the manners of the brazilian tour groups in wdw. I also much prefer the castle in paris, and some of the rides but my all time favourite park is epcot.

what I suppose I am trying to say is they are both different and shouldnt be judged side by side, but as two completely different holiday expriences.
moolie19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 10, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
snoops
Very Serious Dibber

snoops's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Just got one thing to say:

DON'T COMPARE, DON'T COMPARE, DON'T COMPARE, DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE, DON'T COMPARE, DON'T COMPARE, DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE, DON'T COMPARE, DON'T COMPARE, DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE.

FL: Apr 93, Apr 95, Sept 00, Sept 01, Sept 02, Sept 04, May 11, July 15, Apr 17, Fantasy Apr 17

DLP: Aug 98, Feb 08, Feb 09, Feb 10, Oct 10, Feb 12, Feb 13
Oct 13,Feb 15,
snoops is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 10, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by snoops View Post

DON'T COMPARE, DON'T COMPARE, DON'T COMPARE, DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE, DON'T COMPARE, DON'T COMPARE, DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE, DON'T COMPARE, DON'T COMPARE, DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE. DON'T COMPARE.
Old 14 Nov 10, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
smallworld73
Imagineer

smallworld73's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by snoops View Post

We went in August to DLP and it is true, don't compare. DLP is a perfectly good theme park, with some great rides and some lovely shops to stock up on merchandise. I dont however think we would rush back as we didnt enjoy it as much as WDW but if you want Mickey and some good rides/attractions then it's fine. We did experience problems with attempts at queue jumping but we all stood in a line with arms on hips to make a barrier once we twigged what was going on! And the smoking & the food was unpleasant. But the rides are great, and the hotel we stayed in was very good (Newport Bay). Each of us has a different tale to tell and it can only be up to the individual. So I agree-don't compare...
smallworld73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 10, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

We are going for the first time to WDW this Dec, but have been to DLP several times. I have never met a rude CM. OK they don't treat you like you are the most important person on God's earth but they have not been rude. When we stayed at Sequioa Lodge the guy checking us in went out of his way to be helpful, coming to find us as he had found the breakfast slot we wanted. Smoking is only allowed in designated smoking areas. Of those who smoked outside of these areas, particularly in Fantasyland the majority had English or Spanish accents, particularly English. Maybe I was more aware of it as I am English. France, in particularly Paris is quite expensive. You pay more in a theme park anywhere than you would on the high street. From what I have read Americans find WDW expensive.

From what I hear we are going to find some things equally bad at WDW just not the same things.

Up grades do happen. Last time we went there were boards up in several parts of Disneyland Park which had nothing to do with the expansion going on in Disney Studios.

Some good points. If you book through the DLP site you get the tickets practically thrown in. It doesn't cost the same to get there, or take as long. It is not the same.

Please don't compare the two. I am going to try not to.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other

Edited at 09:26 PM.
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread