Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning Discussion > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.
Florida Escapes
Closed Thread
Unread 7 Jan 12, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

currently you pay 13 per person (adults and children) to upgrade to breakfast at Cafe Mickey. thats 52 for a family of 4. you could share pizza and sides there for lunch or dinner for just about the same price, and you see more characters at lunch and dinner (especially dinner) at Cafe Mickey over breakfast.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
I'll be there for my birthday!
Unread 7 Jan 12, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We take a loaf of bread and some nutella and make our sons sandwiches for lunch. This time, as we were on a tight budget we also bought a french stick on the way home and made baguettes in the room to take for our lunch too. We did have a fridge in the room to keep things fresh.

I dont want to offend anyone, but in my opinion, making food to take into the park from the breakfast buffet is really a form of stealing. Its breakfast, not lunch and this subsequently pushes up the prices for all. I hope the hotels do get more hot on stopping it.
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
When 1 countdown closes, another 1 opens
Unread 7 Jan 12, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
jojj
Disney Mad Scrapbooker!

I suppose sooner or later they will just start giving you only a certain amount of items on a tray for example, rather than help yourself, so that you cant take loads and loads of stuff!

One of the joys of a Disney holiday for me is eating lol! So I like to try and budget for eating some of the lovely things in the Disney parks, like the bakery along main street! we love it in there and always have a cake! or a croque monsieur in the one round the corner at the end of main street ( cant remember what it is called!), they are quite inexpensive! We love the Mickey Pizzas too and the fries at caseys! oooh yum yum!

xx

WDW -97, 05, 06, 2009/2010, 2011
DLC - 1998
DLP -17 Times
jojj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
20 Summer Nights at Disney Wor
Unread 7 Jan 12, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
MidwifeMatilda
Proud to wear my Ears

MidwifeMatilda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Great thread.
We're going next week and I have been panicking about budgeting, but this has given me some good ideas. Unlucky for me, my daughter is going through a massive growth spurt and keeps eating, hopefully iy's over by next week

AS we're driving I'm going to take cereal bars and fruit like apples and oranges for my lunch and just get an adult meal for me and my daughter to share for lunch, and have dinner in the disney village.

Great tips though so far
MidwifeMatilda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 7 Jan 12, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyLover!
Imagineer

Ive never been, but reading other threads, personally I would take if travelling by car:

Travel kettle and cups
Tea/coffee/sugar/hot chic sachets/milk portions
biscuits/crisps/cup a soups/noodles/rice pudding pots/cereal bars/nuts/bread frozen
If I took electric cool box, then cheddar/butter/ham/yogurt too, but they're things you should be able to get on the way or there?

I always keep any little portion jars of jams/marmalade/marmite/peanut butter/sauces etc for this exact type of stay at a hotel etc.
DisneyLover! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 7 Jan 12, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
snoops
Very Serious Dibber

snoops's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We always have a really good breakfast and that lasts us until dinner time, around 5pm. If my granddaughter is really hungry at lunch time, we leave the park and go round to the train station and buy a sandwich. Sometimes I may take a couple of apples out of the dining room at breakfast.

FL: Apr 93, Apr 95, Sept 00, Sept 01, Sept 02, Sept 04, May 11, July 15, Apr 17, Fantasy Apr 17

DLP: Aug 98, Feb 08, Feb 09, Feb 10, Oct 10, Feb 12, Feb 13
Oct 13,Feb 15,
snoops is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
So excited to be going back to ORLANDO.
Unread 7 Jan 12, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Earthbound
Imagineer

We have just come back. We literally stuffed ourselves at breakfast and then at most bought a coffee in the parks. I bought the coffees separately as each receipt then got you another coffee free from 3pm till 5pm.

We also ate in the Earl of Sandwich and McDonalds in the evening and it wasn't that dear at all. We also took our own wine and beer for the room which was nice! We took 240 euros for 3 nights / 4 days- had a fab time, bought a few souvenirs, had a few drinks in the bar and still came back with 40 dollars !

Denise
Unread 7 Jan 12, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
MidwifeMatilda
Proud to wear my Ears

MidwifeMatilda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Love all these tips.
Nice heads up about the coffee, is that offer on now still? I do love my coffee!
MidwifeMatilda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Closed Thread
Florida Tix