Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning Discussion > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.
Florida Tix
Closed Thread
Unread 8 Jan 12, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
juttawdw
Proud to wear my Ears

Normally we count 13 for a adult andf 6 for kids counter service meal, now we have a big breakfast and eat a kids meal for lunch and a adult and kids meal for dinner and share.
juttawdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our DLRP 25 year Anniversary Holiday
Unread 8 Jan 12, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Girlw0nder
Imagineer

We're hoping to stuff ourselves silly at breakfast and as we're driving we will be taking snacks to take into the park for lunch and eating a counter/restaurant meal at tea time.

I'm going to take a kettle with me, tea, coffee etc. biscuits and DH some beer for the evenings as the boys will be in bed pretty early, as I imagine we will be due to exhaustion!

I hope the coffee receipts continue into February!
Girlw0nder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
AZ, NV, CA - West Coast Road Trip Baby!
Unread 9 Jan 12, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
top4
Imagineer

Hiya we used to fill up on breakfast then call at the sandwich kiosk at the train station for there filled baguettes for late lunch ,they are lovely and fresh and a fraction of the price thanin the parks ! ,plus we took a bottle of dilute squash with us and water bottles and that did us all for the day with drinks ,the parks have loads of water fountains to refill,hope you have a great time xxxlouise xxxx
top4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
BA ...
Unread 9 Jan 12, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
burns3466
Getting Excited

Update - we now can't go! We were looking at staying at the Hotel Cheyenne and for the dates we wanted it was going to cost 476 for the four of us with breakfast and park tickets which I thought was amazing! Then priced up eurostar and almost fell off my chair! The cheapest return I could find was 270. I looked at cheap flights but they weren't coming up much different so was going to drive and go by ferry. But on Friday, the car failed it's MOT and it's going to cost a fair amount to get it fixed (car is getting on a bit now) which has really hit our holiday budget. We therefore decided not to go in March and I'm really pleased we didn't tell the girls we were even planning it because they would have been so disappointed. We will maybe look at it again later in the year and I will still keep a note of this thread with everyone's fantastic suggestions. Thank you xxx
Unread 9 Jan 12, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Eurostar start at 69 return, but just like UK trains, the longer you leave it the dearer they get.

On the upside - you might be able to book for when the 20th anniversary stuff is on. I'm sure there will be an offer soon.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
DLP for lions, jungles and food, oh my!
Unread 9 Jan 12, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Girlw0nder
Imagineer

Oh no what a shame!

We are driving, (staying in premier inn, in Folkestone there and back) even with the price of petrol and hotel it is cheaper to do so. We also priced up Eurostar 6 months in advance and they wanted 349, not including the price from Manchester to London via train. Arghhh!
Girlw0nder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
AZ, NV, CA - West Coast Road Trip Baby!
Unread 26 Feb 12, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post

thanks great advice

Originally Posted by jojj View Post
100 a day for 4 should be fine

Dont forget that you can always upgrade your breakfast from the hotel to a character breakfast at cafe mickey! you just pay the difference, we have done that a couple of times! you need to ask them at the dining reservations in the hotel, not at the reception desk! a bit of a cheaper way to get a character breakfast! lol!

hth
which hotel are you staying in?
xx
thanks i think thats a great idea as ive booked us in for breakfast and felt like we would be wasting money xxxx:
Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 26 Feb 12, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
kikimouse
slightly serious Dibber

I am so sorry to hear that! Did you try booking eurostar through the Disney website? Because it is more expensive this way. Have you try checking through eurostar direct?

I think the kids are mobile enough that perhaps Eurostar to Paris and then switch to RER to Disney might be possible. There is change but if you travel light enough, it is very do-able.

I won't really advise flying if possible because the transfer from airport to hotel can be quite expensive
kikimouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Can't believe we are doing this
Closed Thread
Holiday to Florida with Florida4less