Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning Discussion > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.
Florida Escapes
Closed Thread
Unread 2 Nov 12, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Apart from comparing it to WDW I think we should compare it to other theme parks. We paid over 300 for our 3 day passes for the 3 of us. I would expect better for that money. At least with Alton towers and many other parks you know it's not going to be perfect but with the always available 2 for 1 offers you get in at a fraction of the price.
I know the whole Disney corp is a money making machine but in DLP it feels more like they are mugging you.
We've been at peak season ( this week ) and find you can't do rides because of excessive queues. When we've been during quieter times we found that some rides were closed. You just can't win.
Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 2 Nov 12, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
petetina
Imagineer

Our son went and from what he said we would never go there and especially after the disability row I dont want to be classed as a second class citizen by the French

sorry just my opinion
2009 sandy ridge
2013 watersong resort
2014 Deep Creek ct Clermont
2017 Thomson allocated on arrival
petetina is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
going home
Unread 2 Nov 12, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
KFJames
Apprentice Imagineer

KFJames's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We have never been to DLP & have been in 2 minds this year whether or not to book a quick trip, having read the OP thread my mind is made up, I just don't think it would have the magic for us. We like to stay onsite & for how much it would cost, I'd rather spend my hard earned dosh on a holiday I know I will enjoy!
Unread 2 Nov 12, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post

For the most part I agree with most of what you say, but you can not blame it on the CMs being French, especially as just over 50% of CMs at DLP aren't actually French, they come from all over the world, not just Europe. The fact that there are so many CMs that are far from the ideal of what a CM should be (imo) is down to the fact that they are all protected by France's very strict working laws, it is nearly impossible to fire anyone, and the negative press, expense and trade union action would cripple DLP in next to no-time. I think the reason why CMs in DLR and WDW are just that cut above the rest is that it is considered the being a CM is not just another job, but a lifestyle (not to mention, its much easier for Disney to fire people in Florida!)
Unread 2 Nov 12, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
hollysmum
Excited about Disney

I am not a big fan of DLP and I'm afraid to say it is because of the Europeans! Sorry! They are rude, they always push in even if it in front of very small children. I ended up telling people off when they forcibly pushed my little ones out of the way. The smoking is disgusting and lets not start with the other noxious bodily odours I endured on my trips there. I thought the last time I went some CMs had improved but not many. I remember last time we went some guy pushed me out of the way when MY children were with Dr Facilier and started taking pictures of them! And no he wasn't a photographer just some random person! I was really angry and he didn't even apologise and the CMs did nothing.

To leave on a positive note though, when my DD met Jack Skellington and Sally one year as they were her favourite they could not have been better with her. When they were on their way "backstage", Jack saw my DD and did a little dance with her and (not sure if this was coincidence) both Jack and Sally seemed to spot my dd's when the parade was on and made a real point of pointing and waving at them. It really did make their day.

Was very tempted to go for the Christmas experience to DLP but I just don't fancy all the hassle.
hollysmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disney. cruise
Unread 2 Nov 12, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
I have been to DLRP 5 times and always gave had a great time, I actually prefer the Disneyland park to Magc Kingdom, the theming and most of the rides are much better.

Personally can't wait for Christmas at DLRP
Unread 2 Nov 12, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
karenetaylor
a Friend of the DIBB

We went in the summer and I have to say I was very diss appointed, rude cast members, toilets that were dirty, and the whole park looked like it could do with a good clean and a lick of paint. I will not be rushing back.
karenetaylor is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
Unread 2 Nov 12, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post

I wish I hadn't of read this thread... 9 days till our first trip.
Closed Thread
Orlando Attractions