Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.
Eat and Play Card
Closed Thread
Unread 2 Nov 12, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Hels80
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Rapunzel2012 View Post
I wish I hadn't of read this thread... 9 days till our first trip.
Don't worry- you make your own mind up about DLP.
Personally, after 6 trips, we love it!
Have never experienced any rudeness from CMs, nor any pushing in ride queues, not even had an issue with smoking, although we have seen people smoke around the park- we just walk away quickly!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but equally, everyone should be free to make up their own minds without threads worrying them about their up coming trip.
Best Western I drive 1997, Regal Palms 2009, Wedding at Beuna Vista Palace 04/08/09, Coco Key 2010, Art of Animation, RPR Universal, Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014, RPR & Disney's Swan 2017, Rosen Inn @ Pointe, Hard Rock Hotel, Port Orleans French 2018.

DLP: :
Best Western MLV 2007, Hotel Cheyenne 2008, Sequoia Lodge 2010, Dream Castle 2011, Kyriad MLV Torcy 2012, Hotel El'ysee 2012, Hotel Cheyenne 2013, Sequoia Lodge 2015.
Hels80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
A week in Spain with the family!
Unread 2 Nov 12, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
KellyWellyWoo
Imagineer

KellyWellyWoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 3
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Another who wasn't a fan I went two weeks ago and found the staff very rude and the toilets were disgusting. I had people push infront of me - especially on space mountain where there is the room to do so (I was on my own) and had a man knock over the buggy and he just stepped over it. The food prcies and quality I found were good and I liked some aspectts of the park but it wasn't "magic" for me at all and I won't be returning
KellyWellyWoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Halloween Cheapy!
Unread 2 Nov 12, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
ploppy
Imagineer

ploppy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
we always said we wouoldn't bother going back, not been for 4 years but am now taking DD and twins on Nov 11th. The boys are 3 now and we can't take them to WDW so decided to try DLP. They are so excited and I know we will be looking at this trip through very different eyes this time so I am hoping that it is a good experience for them.
Must admit the news of horrible loos is a bit worrying when you have little boys that have only just started using a loo. We were thinking of taking the toilet training seat round with us so they are at least not sitting on the loo seat, but that would mean a big bag and then its just more to carry.
Unread 2 Nov 12, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
emmab
Apprentice Imagineer

emmab's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
You will have a fab time, enjoy it, I go to Florida once a year and DLP a few times ( annual pass holder) dlp has nothing on WDW, but it's a fun time, kids enjoy it. Also queue jumping,pushing etc is done just as much by the English as the French.

Please don't be put off, and just look forward.
Unread 2 Nov 12, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post

I agree - having been to DLP 6/7 times in four years we love it - however, the toilets this time were an issue having 3 girls one wouldn't even go in because of the smell. Having said that this time the food was amazing best ever - character interaction faultless. There is the usual push and shove from the French - I think as I have been so often I don't see it so much prehaps my attitude has changed towards it as in my earlier visits it really bothered me.

Overall DLP is great - a convenient few hours on the train from London a great few days escape into a "Disney" world yep it will never touch that of WDW but the holiday is so different to that of Orlando and I think that is the key here - tbh we are off to Florida 2013 for Xmas and for me we are going back for Animal Kingdom and Seaworld!

Take off the negative and add the convenience of it being where it is - which allows a great many families to access Disney that tbh wouldnt be able to experience the magic...
Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 2 Nov 12, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
madhatter3
Imagineer

madhatter3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I to agree, been once and that was enough... never ever again, no matter how much i crave the disney magic, i will save up hard enough and long enough to go over the pond. one young girl even took Emma's mickey out of her buggy,(emma was only 1 at the time! ), her parents claimed they could not speak english.

madhatter3 hat trick pre tripee april 16http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=11091819#post11091819
madhatter3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Libby's sweet 16th Birthday trip
Unread 2 Nov 12, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

We've been twice and had a marvellous time, both times. I think the Disneyland Parc is actually more beautiful than its US equivalents. (I've not been to Tokyo or Hong Kong so can't compare).

We've had fantastic and indifferent CMs at DLP - and WDW.

There are definitely areas that are less good at DLP than WDW / DL - and areas that are better.

Sorry your stay wasn't what you hoped for
Unread 2 Nov 12, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 47

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Don't worry.
This is the time of year that DD and I often go, and we always have a great time, we've been 8 times and will go again.
My niece has just texted to say she's on her way home - they have been there since Monday and have had a fabulous holiday; this is her 4th trip.
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Dreaming, then the Beach Club
Closed Thread
ResalesDVC