Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Dec 06, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Hal
Gloria sic transit mundi.

Hal's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 17
Hotel New York.

Owner at Marriott Marbella Beach, Cypress Harbour, & Harbour Lake; and DVC OKW & BLT.

There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle.
Hal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 06, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post

thanks muchly
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 06, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post

Hotel cheyenne

Loved this hotel even though it was a bit strange to be in a wild west town in the middle of winter. A million times nicer than the santa fe and if it had a pool it would be perfect. The reception and bar were warm and cosy. Minnie mouse was there greeting people on most mornings. There was live music in the bar, although it was very crowded/ hard to get seats.The food was ok. They even went out of their way to make sure my eldest got something he would eat. Breakfast only had cold food without the option to buy a cooked breakfast, this I found strange as the santa fe was offering hot food in summer. Yet here we were in a better hotel with no hot food.

Next time I'm going to the hotel new york or Sequoia lodge maybe easter 2008
Old 26 Feb 08, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Davey Crockett

Feb 2008.

I was concerned we would be cold at the time of year as the heating didn't seem adequate,but we left the heaters on to greet us when we got home in the evening and it was toasty. We love this place. The cabins are very nice and perfectly adequate-although not having a grill,toaster or oven forces a bit of creativity!
The characters in the park of an evening are hilarious. Goofy kidnapped me in my wheelchair one night,much to the amusement of the kids! The shop on site is very handy,a little pricey but not too bad and had quite a varied range of food this time.
We didn't get in the pool this time due to me not being well,but it looked as lovely as we remembered it!
The breakfast of croissants etc is very nice,but our kids are not keen so I just take a pack of cereal with us for them-although they will not drink the cartons of milk given out with brekkkie which is a bit of a nuisance!
The distance to the park is nothing at all, and the Auchen shopping centre is fab-there is a very good chemist there where the staff speak very good english,which turned out to be a lifesaver for us.

We love this place and I'm already saving to go back-however I haven't stayed at any other disney accomodation to compare it.
Old 26 Feb 08, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
AndyJ
Imagineer

AndyJ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 16
Hotel: Disneyland Hotel Castle Club

Video of how close the room is to the park gates:
andyjpartridge/RoomToGate-512k.wmv
WMV file, 7MB.

Also shows view from garden side, and some of the room itself.

A.
AndyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 08, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Hels80
VIP Dibber

Best Western Marne La Vallee

Best Western Marne La Vallee (NOT Hotel du golf marne la vallee)

Rated 4 star, but it's more like a good 3 star. Clean, nice decor, pool area, room with balcony, excellent buffet style breakfast and reasonable rates, booked direct with Eurostar.

Very close (5 mins walk) to the Marne La Vallee train station, which also has some lovely cafes that serve good food very cheaply.
Train was 2 stops to Disneyland, took about 6 mins on the train and trains were every few mins.

Really good location for an off-site hotel.
Would def stay there again, but in August we're staying in the Cheyenne as it has worked out cheaper this time round.
Best Western I drive 1997, Regal Palms 2009, Wedding at Beuna Vista Palace 04/08/09, Coco Key 2010, Art of Animation, RPR Universal, Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014, RPR & Disney's Swan 2017, Rosen Inn @ Pointe, Hard Rock Hotel, Port Orleans French 2018.

DLP: :
Best Western MLV 2007, Hotel Cheyenne 2008, Sequoia Lodge 2010, Dream Castle 2011, Kyriad MLV Torcy 2012, Hotel El'ysee 2012, Hotel Cheyenne 2013, Sequoia Lodge 2015.
Hels80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 08, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
rylisal
Imagineer

Dream Castle Hotel

This is 'Off site' but so close by with easy access on the 'free' shuttle bus(No.54)
Our first impressions of the hotel were 'WOW'!
Check in relatively easy, we arrived about 4.30pm(feb 08), although we were surprised we had to pay the 'City tax' by CC as they had no change for cash(It was only 6 euro's!)
We booked our stay through 'Opodo' & paid £164 for two nights, excellent value imo!
Our room was on 5th floor & the view was stunning.The hotel has 3 large lifts so it was never a problem getting to 5th floor.The room itself was spacious with excellent decor throughout & a huge comfy 'king' bed(we were a party of just 2 adults..left kids at home!)
TV in room mainly had French channels but thats not really a problem with the small amount of time spent in the room.
Breakfast is served between 7.30 & 11 and is buffet style. We didn't have a problem getting a table on either of our 2 mornings but then there were only 2 of us plus it was Feb..Wonder what it's like July/Aug?
The buffet had evey imaginable 'Breakfast' food, Hot & cold and was delicious..a great way to begin a 'Disney' day!
The Shuttle bus literaly took just 5 mins to get to Disney & we were very lucky to get a bus easily each time we wanted one, again this is probably harder at height of Summer season?
Check out was easy too as we had'nt charged anything to our room so were able to use the 'express' check out which is just putting your key into a box by reception!
We didn't use the Hotel Bar but it did look lovely, but expensive, hence why we didn't bother with it.
We loved The Dream Castle & would definately book it again should we ever return to DLP!

Miami 1991(honeymoon!),Quality Inn Int Dv 1992,Buenaventura lakes Villa 1993,Quality Inn Int Dv 1995,Quality Inn Int dv 1997,Days Inn Lakeside 2000,Masters Inn Maingate 2002,Ramada Plaza MGate 2004, Liki Tiki Feb 2007 & Disney Wonder Cruise,DLP Feb '08,Terre Verde,DCL & Indian Shores Oct '08,Canada Aug09,June/July '10 CP & RPR, Feb/Mar '14 Mystic Dunes, Unversals RPR & POR, June/July '16 Florida road trip Sept '18 DLP!
rylisal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 08, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
scooterdevil
Imagineer

We have stayed at The Explorers which is disney reccomended.They have large rooms that can accomadate families with more than 2 children or even granny and gramps.Im sure thay have rooms to sleep 6 or even seven.usually 2 doubles and bunk beds.U get to the parks using free buses that run often.They added bonus is that they also had a swimming pool that stayed open til 10pm,which was good as my Ds loves swimming.I hope this helps.I cant remember who we booked it with sorry.
Old 6 May 08, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post

We stayed at the Newport Bay hotel last October and I found the hotel to be looking a little run down and in need of a bit of rehab (paper peeling and looking grubby, carpets looking dirty etc) in the corridors and public areas.

Found the CM to be very helpful as you expect Disney CM's to be. Breakfast was good with plenty to go round although as has been mentioned before on these forums the french have no concept of queing and the buffet can turn into a bit of a scrum.

Personally I like the walk from the hotel to the parks, through Disney Villlage but did use the bus service too and found it to be good and reliable.
Old 7 May 08, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
cathann
Apprentice Imagineer

We've stayed in the Sequoia Lodge and the Newport Bay with dd, who was 3 and 4 when we were there. The SL was far better for children we felt, and infact we ended up eating at the SL each night we stayed at the NB. The bar areas just felt a bit too formal and we didn't relax there as much, whereas at the SL the bar was comfy, the decor more casual and we weren't worried about dd being up late. The restaurant menus were also more fancy at the NB.
There was nothing really wrong with it, and the pool was lovely, but we definitely preferred the SL.
cathann is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread