Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.
Closed Thread
Unread 18 Jun 13, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
It's funny as I actually ended up coming WDW with DLP whilst we were there. Big Thunder at DLP is FAR better, as is Buzz and Rock N Roller. The main park is beautiful with so many places to go and take great pics. I definitely would consider it, but I would suggest combining it with seeing other parts of Paris too.
itsrachelhere is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to Orlando again - love my job!
Unread 18 Jun 13, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Originally Posted by itsrachelhere View Post
It's funny as I actually ended up coming WDW with DLP whilst we were there. Big Thunder at DLP is FAR better, as is Buzz and Rock N Roller. The main park is beautiful with so many places to go and take great pics. I definitely would consider it, but I would suggest combining it with seeing other parts of Paris too.
Space Mountain and POTC are far superior too.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 18 Jun 13, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lisa123wm View Post
Space Mountain and POTC are far superior too.
Yes - those too! Plus the dragon and going upstairs in the castle is great.
itsrachelhere is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to Orlando again - love my job!
Unread 18 Jun 13, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by skb 123 View Post
Our first DLP trip was in 2000 when we only had DS (then aged 2) plus grandparents. None of the adults were impressed (heaving with large groups of kids...)
With no school age children you would have been better going in term time during the week. At 8am when we get there for EMH the park is empty!
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
DLP for lions, jungles and food, oh my!
Unread 18 Jun 13, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by baldybouncer View Post
If you can get past...

-the food is really really bad and over priced - cold and not very good...
(
Depends where you go. France doesn't have much of a fast food culture, and the CS options are mixed (Earl of Sandwich and the croque monsieur from Market House Deli are our faves, also Colonel Hathi's Pizza).

The TS restaurants, however, are superb. Walt's, Blue Lagoon, Manhattan, Yacht Club and California Grill all have wonderful food and gracious service.

And for a fun relaxed meal there's Annette's or Cafe Mickey.

And don't forget Inventions character buffet, a favourite of many.

This is another example of how you need to 'think European' to get the best out of DLP!
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
DLP for lions, jungles and food, oh my!
Unread 18 Jun 13, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
aydeepee
Obsessed and love it!

aydeepee's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by boltyboy View Post
I could not bring myself to go to DLP again, I did what you are thinking and compare DLP with WDW... there is no comparison.
I hated DLP it just isn't the same, this is only my opinion and loads will come along and say its great, but its not for us.
Ditto!

It was ok but I wont be rushing back. Thought the service levels weren't great either.

1993 - I-Drive & Clearwater * 1996 - I-Drive * 2006 - DLP * 2007 - I-Drive * 2008 - I-Drive & RPR * 2009 - I-Drive & RPR (again!) * 2011 - RPR * 2013 - RPR & Beach Club Resort * 2014 - RPR & Beach Club Resort * 2016 - RPR & Beach Club...again (Greatest Hits Tour!) * Sept 2019 - Silver Wedding Anniversary - Capes and Parks Tour *
aydeepee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our Silver Wedding Adventure
Unread 18 Jun 13, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post

I am waiting for my first trip to WDW so I can't compare. I have been to DLP three times over the last 7 years and have enjoyed every trip. I have always managed to get 50% off by looking out for the special offers.

I have become more aware myself if you go looking for problems or for something to not be as good then that is what you will find. If you look for the positives and aim to have fun then that is what you will get.

On the whole I have found the parks to be clean, CMs friendly and willing to joke around with you. Charactors can be a scrum but more often than not if they see you being pushed back they will move others to the side to get to you. Tigger was very good at this!
Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 18 Jun 13, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
VIP Dibber

Beaker7929's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 101
Originally Posted by Cadet View Post
I am waiting for my first trip to WDW so I can't compare. I have been to DLP three times over the last 7 years and have enjoyed every trip. I have always managed to get 50% off by looking out for the special offers.

I have become more aware myself if you go looking for problems or for something to not be as good then that is what you will find. If you look for the positives and aim to have fun then that is what you will get.

On the whole I have found the parks to be clean, CMs friendly and willing to joke around with you. Charactors can be a scrum but more often than not if they see you being pushed back they will move others to the side to get to you. Tigger was very good at this!
Totally agree, we haven't been to WDW yet either, but have been to DLP 3 times, and are going back in November for trip number 4. We love DLP and have never had any issues as described in previous messages, I can't remember ever meeting a rude CM, and have not had any complaints about the food... yes people smoke, but they smoke at Chessington when they're not supposed to.

Twitter - @rpaisley79 / Instagram - rachelpaisley79

Upcoming Hols *July '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*August 2020 WDW Coronado Springs*

Previous Hols *Jan '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '18 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Oct '17 Cheyenne*Jan '17 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '16 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*March '15 - Cheyenne*Nov '13 - Cheyenne*Feb '12 - Newport Bay*April '08 - Santa Fe*March '05 - Santa Fe*

Click here for my Disneyland Paris Trip Reports
Beaker7929 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First ever trip to WDW!
Closed Thread