Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.
My Magic Holiday
Closed Thread
Unread 18 Jun 13, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
We have been to both. Neither is perfect - is anywhere?! - but if you learn the culture and do your research (ie spend loads of time on the Dibb!) you can have a great time at both.

Re the service - European service is polite and reserved. They do not think you want people pushing themselves on you when you are in holiday, but will be there if asked. We met two Anaheim CMs at DLP and they were very impressed by how the service at DLP was appropriate to European culture.
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
DLP for lions, jungles and food, oh my!
Unread 18 Jun 13, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Cariadbach
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Cor there are some negative Nancys today!
I Love dlp,of course its not going to be on the same scale as WDW,but it has its own uniqueness that makes it just as fab.I love that its not massive,makes it a lot easier when taking kids,we took dd and ds for their first visit last year and it was great as it wasnt too overwhelming for them.I definately prefer btm at dlp to wdw!Go with an open mind,and if not,go just to watch your kids enjoy it
Cariadbach is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Kids first trip to WDW(mark2)
Unread 18 Jun 13, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
jillywilly
Imagineer

jillywilly's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I couldn't get excited about going to Dlp have been 3 times and each time was a disaster for various reasons, the French are rude and ignorant if i was told the only holiday i could have was Dlp i would stay at home and i dont think it is that cheap to go either but that is just my opinion

Westridge Sept 2009,Orange tree 2011,Southern dunes 2012,Westridge/RPR Sept 2013,Silver Creek Sept 2014 (Dibb villa),Hampton lakes/RPR/DVC BWV Aug 2015,Rosen Inn@ Pointe/ RPR club level 2017
jillywilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Birthday treat... 2 weeks in Florida...
Unread 18 Jun 13, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Definitely not cheap to go, but an experience and a magical one for children, nonetheless (IMHO!)
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Taking the plunge again!
Unread 18 Jun 13, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
skb 123
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
With no school age children you would have been better going in term time during the week. At 8am when we get there for EMH the park is empty!
It was a midweek visit in September 2000 once British schools were back, but they must have been school groups or European kids still on holiday.

When DD went last November (granted, it was the final weekend of Oct half term), her group of Brownies managed no more than 5 rides in the 2 days due to the length of queues (for both rides and food).
skb 123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
Unread 19 Jun 13, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Vici
Serious Dibber

As you can see from my signature, I've done DLP many times and we absolutely love it. We have been on adult only trips, with school children, with toddlers, in large groups and all have been as good as the last.
I am sure that some people go expecting it to be bells and whistles American Disney which it certainly is not. I have never once come across a rude cast member - they have always been more than happy to assist when I have asked but don't go out of their way to be overly friendly and in your face - this is because it's in France, not America. As an ex smoker, I tend to notice smoking more than your average person, and although I noticed it more on one trip last year, apart from the occasional whiff in May, I hardly saw it at all. I have NEVER queued for more than 40 minutes for any ride in DLP so i'm really not sure how someone could only do 5 rides all day It's the same as any holiday I go on - I choose the times to suit us based on price/deals/school holiday/avoiding weekends and have never been disappointed. Use tips/trips from experienced DLP dibbers and you can't go wrong.
Take it as it is, a small piece of Disney magic in a European country and you will have a ball :-)
Vici is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Suprise trip back to the magic!
Unread 19 Jun 13, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Or, alternatively, tell DH you don't want to go and that you'd rather aim for earlier in 2015 or late 2014 instead and save up for that...
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Taking the plunge again!
Unread 21 Jun 13, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Redriva
Imagineer

Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Or, alternatively, tell DH you don't want to go and that you'd rather aim for earlier in 2015 or late 2014 instead and save up for that...

I already tried that! lol told him if we didn't do much next year then we can go to Florida again in Feb 2015 instead of Oct

he isn't having any of it though as he says its too long to put our life on hold.. and I do get that, as we had to do basically nothing for just over a year in order to pay for our first florida holiday in 2007 and it was really miserable and I wouldn't want to do it again .. but this time it would just be a case of no holiday next year (apart from maybe a week at Haven or something) rather than the no meals out, weekends away or anything at all that it was before ...
Redriva is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Onsite Disney Take 5 (SSR)
Closed Thread
Orlando Attraction Tickets