Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.
Closed Thread
Unread 3 Oct 13, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted-nadi
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Beaker7929 View Post
We're not telling our 2 until we leave to drive to Ashford the night before. For DD it will be a normal school day, I'll see her off to school in the morning, with her thinking I'm going to work as usual, but really I've taken the day off to do all the packing!

I've already sorted part of my reveal, a lovely Dibber on here was offering park maps for the price of a stamp (they'd just returned from DLP) so I have these stashed away and plan to give them to DD telling her that she's not going to school the next day... I'm also thinking about buying a Disney sweatshirt and presenting that to her with the maps, so she can wear it while we're there.

DS is only 3 so won't really have a clue, but I thought I could get him a sweatshirt too with Mickey on it and ask him if he would like to go and visit Mickey... knowing him though he'll probably say no, lol!
Hehe.. I'm sure he will be bouncing off the walls .. I can't imagine ever having a surprise like these as a kid, my mum just never had enough spare cash bless her, we are all so lucky to be able to give our kids this stuff

My heart belongs to uncle Walt
Orlando/Paris/Cali/HongKong/Tokyo ✔️
Shanghai one day
Enchanted-nadi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Pandora is waiting !
Unread 3 Oct 13, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted-nadi
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by clairemichelle View Post
We surprised my youngest when she was 5. She thought we were going camping, and only twigged when we were on the walkway to Eurostar at Ashford and spotted Donald on the roof She then giggled for the next half hour.

Next weekend though we are surprising her again! Her first surprise is when fellow Dibber stace&tink walks into our kitchen.

Later that evening we are doing a treasure hunt with her, each clue is Disney related of course. She will find a Disney goodie bag (We have gone a bit mad between us, but its all things for the trip and all Disney of course)
She will also discover a dvd that will have "watch me" written on. I haven't seen this yet as Stacey has made it, but I believe it contains photos of previous trips to Disney and will then tell her where she is going the next day Hopefully we'll catch her reaction on camera.

We are so excited about the reveal and it will be lovely not having to talk in code any more!
Oh I actually have tears in my eyes now! Haha! .. She's such a lucky girl. I love the DVD idea, you'll have to let us all know how it goes

Shanghai one day
Enchanted-nadi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Pandora is waiting !
Unread 3 Oct 13, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted-nadi
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by LottesMum View Post
We were so shocked as he loves everything Disney he was 5 so probably still tired but the video does make us laugh he's been warned this yer if he's crabby he won't be coming again ! We're doing wdw in 2015 I can't wait ! To stepson isn't coming as his mum won't let him go away that long but at least I won't have to worry about him being disappointed x
Haha, bless him, this also makes me wonder if it isn't better to give them more time to have to look forward to the trip tho? .. It's difficult to know, half the excitement is usually in the planning, but we've never done it as a surprise so I feel doing it at least once will be great fun.
Sad about your stepson, I wouldn't be able to refuse my kids a trip to Disney no matter how much I'd miss them, poor lad. hope you guys have a fab time
Pandora is waiting !
Unread 3 Oct 13, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Enchanted-nadi View Post
Haha, bless him, this also makes me wonder if it isn't better to give them more time to have to look forward to the trip tho? .. It's difficult to know, half the excitement is usually in the planning, but we've never done it as a surprise so I feel doing it at least once will be great fun.
Sad about your stepson, I wouldn't be able to refuse my kids a trip to Disney no matter how much I'd miss them, poor lad. hope you guys have a fab time
Yeah we defo made the right decision telling him when we booked it this time as he had time to get excited n my two year old asks to go to Disney every morning :0) we were meant to be doing dlp for longer but she kicked (his mum) a right fuss about him being away for a week tho she let's her parents take him two weeks at a timeso she can go on holiday ! It's a right shame xx
Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 3 Oct 13, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Planty
Getting Excited

We surprised my Son who was 10 at the time. We told him that we were taking Grandad to the airport as he was off to meet up with an old friend. When we arrived at the airport we then told him that it was us that were off on holiday for a few days to France to meet up with a girl I had had been working with for a while. He was so shocked and happy.

Once we landed at the airport we made our way to meet the Magical Express. When it pulled up he still didn't realise, we had to ask him to take a close look at the bus. Well he was over the moon.
Planty is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
A Family Christmas
Unread 3 Oct 13, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
princess m
Earning My Ears

I'm not sure what age your kids are but what if Santa left one special present marked not to be opened until New Year's Day!
princess m is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our DLP Holiday.
Unread 3 Oct 13, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Personally I think you are all mad not letting the little ones in on the excitement of all the planning etc

To me do the "reveal" early , it will still be a surprise and just the same reaction if done a few months or more before

Then the kids have time to get involved in the planning process , deciding what to do , when to do it , what hotel / villa etc , buying all the little things to take with you , watching stuff on you tube , making homemade autograph books , getting excited telling their friends , doing a daily countdown chart etc etc

Sorry to say but doing a reveal the day before or the same day it just not fair on the kids. They would want to experience the excitement you will have had of all the build-up to it

Just my opinion .
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
I dreamed a dream
Unread 3 Oct 13, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted-nadi
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by LottesMum View Post
Yeah we defo made the right decision telling him when we booked it this time as he had time to get excited n my two year old asks to go to Disney every morning :0) we were meant to be doing dlp for longer but she kicked (his mum) a right fuss about him being away for a week tho she let's her parents take him two weeks at a timeso she can go on holiday ! It's a right shame xx
That's such a shame that she's like that, seems selfish .

Disney is mentioned at least once a day in our house, we have reminders everywhere, pictures, souvenirs discretely placed .. I love it, enjoy the build up!

Shanghai one day
Pandora is waiting !
Closed Thread