Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.
Closed Thread
Unread 11 Feb 14, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma
Imagineer

Scotsmomma's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
That's a real shame...we always got up early to go meet them in reception,very civilised with no pushing and a photographer to take group photos. This will be a big miss.
Unread 11 Feb 14, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
twindisney
Very Serious Dibber

This is such a stupid idea the hotels at WDW are nothing like the ones at DLP.
Looks like our Cheyenne stay next feb will be our last in site.
Shame on you DLP :angry:
First summer trip :)
Unread 11 Feb 14, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
GopherLass
Imagineer

Perhaps this is why we have seen DLP experiment with queues to meet characters in the parks...if they've been planning this for a while. I loved having the Big Five appear at our hotel - as especially with LITTLE children, it was great to have a certain and organized way to meet (and get those darling snaps with) characters. Boo! to you, DLP...
GopherLass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
2018 Worlds in QATAR?!
Unread 11 Feb 14, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannabdav
Serious Dibber

Do you think this will be the same for the disneyland hotel? It's one of the major perks when staying there...the fact that the characters are regular! How are they going to cope with the complaints as all the hotels advertise meet and greet on bookings from November? I've never been but I will stay offsite on future visits. We brave been umming and arrring for next February or May for where to stay as we want the characters, our mind is now made up, defiantly off site with a/p probably xx
August 2015 - a trip booked by accident! - L'Elysee Val D'Europe
October 2015 - making the most of our annual passes - Residhome Val D'Europe
May 2016 - in the pink palace -DLH

Hannabdav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Villians and Gouls
Unread 11 Feb 14, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
stephen2203
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by kk20 View Post
Interesting. What about perks such as SL GF breakfasts with characters? That would sway my decision on GF vs HNY for instance.
That's what I am wondering. We are about to book GF for late nov / early December, mainly due to the characters at breakfast.
stephen2203 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
WDW, September 2018
Unread 11 Feb 14, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hannabdav View Post
Do you think this will be the same for the disneyland hotel? It's one of the major perks when staying there...the fact that the characters are regular!
How are they going to cope with the complaints as all the hotels advertise meet and greet on bookings from November?
I've never been but I will stay offsite on future visits. We brave been umming and arrring for next February or May for where to stay as we want the characters, our mind is now made up, defiantly off site with a/p probably xx
they'll just stop advertising it, and they won't print it in the Winter 2014 brochure.

I also think this is a mistake on DLP's part, I like that DLP does things differently - it seems to be yet another cutback with nothing to replace it.
sammykitten is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
I'll be there for my birthday!
Unread 11 Feb 14, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannabdav
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
they'll just stop advertising it, and they won't print it in the Winter 2014 brochure.

I also think this is a mistake on DLP's part, I like that DLP does things differently - it seems to be yet another cutback with nothing to replace it.
It's the complaints from internet bookings etc. I think it's a shame as you see so manny nice photos of the hotel meets and greets.
August 2015 - a trip booked by accident! - L'Elysee Val D'Europe
October 2015 - making the most of our annual passes - Residhome Val D'Europe
May 2016 - in the pink palace -DLH

Hannabdav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Villians and Gouls
Unread 11 Feb 14, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
shelly
Imagineer

shelly's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 24

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 42
Guidebook Reviews: 5
Anyone have an idea of when in Nov? Thats when we are going...
shelly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Closed Thread
Orlando Attraction Tickets