Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.
Closed Thread
Unread 12 Feb 14, 03:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Sir Planalot
Excited about Disney

We never see the characters in our hotel anyway, we always want to get to EMH, the only hotel we meet characters in is DLH, and I would be surprised if they don't keep them there, but they will be much busier if so.

We didn't find POR or any of the WDW resorts any more Disneyish than the ones at DLP and they didn't have characters. I think it's only the value resorts in WDW that have obvious Disney theming, so in that respect DLP is no different to WDW. Can't speak for DL or Tokyo though.

Edited at 03:05 AM.
Sir Planalot is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our last trip to the World
Unread 12 Feb 14, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Yes, I don't understand the idea that the hotels are 'not very Disney'. Most WDW hotels are not full of Mickey & co imagery - quite deliberately. Instead they are themed to different places or ideas. The SL is very similar to Wilderness Lodge in theming. The HNY looks very like the Swan & Dolphin (same architect) and the DLH is very similar to the Grand Floridian. Cheyenne doesn't have a WDW equivalent but the theming there is excellent.

To me the hotels are very Disney indeed!

However, I do think removing the characters is a bad move. For little ones or those with special needs it is a quieter, easier way to meet the characters.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
DLP for lions, jungles and food, oh my!
Unread 12 Feb 14, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fd1972uk View Post
That's a pity.

We're going in October so will get the opportunity.

What times do they usually turn up for M&G at the hotels anyway?

FD
they are there every morning from 8am, until around 11am.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
I'll be there for my birthday!
Unread 12 Feb 14, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
Apprentice Imagineer

I have not been to the other parks. I just assumed they would be more Disney ish. The ones at Wdw look very Disney, well at least from the outside. I have chilled out a bit now lol.

I am still a bit sad they made the decision but I trust they know what they are doing.

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. August 2017.

Halloweenin at DLP trip report
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to Disneyland Paris
Unread 12 Feb 14, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Sir Planalot
Excited about Disney

It would be nice if the rest of the resorts followed DLP's lead and added characters to their hotels rather than taking them away from DLP.
Sir Planalot is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our last trip to the World
Unread 12 Feb 14, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
eeyoremad32
Trainee Dibber

This is a really bad more DLP
eeyoremad32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Going to see my pals for some xmas magic
Unread 12 Feb 14, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
cazspence
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Sir Planalot View Post
It would be nice if the rest of the resorts followed DLP's lead and added characters to their hotels rather than taking them away from DLP.
A much better idea. The hotel meets are especially good for us with young kiddies who are afraid of the big characters in the park. They don't seem quite so scary for my wee boy in the hotel. Even at the meet Mickey Mouse he was petrified of mickey. It's all about the environment. Bad move disney. Very bad move.
cazspence is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Legends of the Force
Unread 12 Feb 14, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
almcg
Very Serious Dibber

This is too bad. I've some lovely memories of my daughter meeting Mickey etc in the hotels. In fact my sister used the opportunity to let my nephew, who is Autistic, meet the characters. It was just not going to happen in the park! Sometimes things don't change for the better
almcg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back home to N Ireland
Closed Thread