Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.
Closed Thread
Unread 20 Jun 14, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Sprinkling Pixie Dust

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Totally agree - 15th trip booked for later this year

.:[ Our Trippies Index ]:.

19 x DLP, 8 x WDW

The Duchess does DLP
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Duchess at the DLH
Unread 20 Jun 14, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Valentine
Imagineer

Mrs Valentine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 21
Just remember they smoke, push into queues, and are rude. If u can cope with all that then you should be fine. I have to say its a very different feel to the service and courtesy you get in Florida. I've never actually had a row with someone in Florida over pushing in, rudeness or being unbelievably selfish as I have over there. I'm not anti-french or anything but you speak as you find.

DisneyJulie
Mrs Valentine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Wishes
Unread 20 Jun 14, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

It was my first experience of any of the Disney parks, and we went loads when the kids were little and always drove down, and have always stayed on site. Last time we went was 2008 and the only reason we stopped was our kids didn't want to go anymore

Our neighbours with a 6 year old went in the May half term and had a great time, it was their first disney too. I would say that 3 nights/4 days is a good length, or do a night in a local hotel so you get the full use of the tickets on your first day but at a cheaper rate. Have fun x
Unread 20 Jun 14, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
LaurenYorkshir
Imagineer

I fell in love with dlp last Dec and that was after visiting Wdw. They are two different experiences but both with lots of magic to be had

LaurenYorkshir is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Christmas time at POFQ & THE POLY
Unread 20 Jun 14, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Kitkat87
Excited about Disney

Kitkat87's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
i went to DLP in march 2012. this was our first time in a Disney park.
we didn't enjoy the pushing and shoving, people literally putting their children in front of us in the 'queue' to meet goofy. unless there was proper queue lines for rides or roped lines to meet characters it was every man for himself. food was ridiculously over priced and not of great quality.
BUT with all that, we had a fantastic time and really enjoyed time together as a family. the parks at night were great, really quiet and pretty. we would go back again for a couple of nights.
i look back on our time at DLP with fond memories.
Our First Disney Holiday!
Unread 20 Jun 14, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We have been to DLP over 20 times and always enjoyed it. Some people are rude but you get that anywhere. I know the character meet and greets can be a bit mental, but we also experienced that in Magic kingdom in Florida, thought there was going to be a fight! Also we experienced the rudest cast member ever at Epcot, had to go to guest services as she nearly had me in tears over a highchair in the babycare centre (she wouldn't let me use one even though we were the only ones in there and my DS was hungry. We had to feed him outside on a bench)

So, we love Paris and Florida Disney, they are not the same, but both fantastic to me.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs 2020 Feb half term villa chilling
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Feb half term, 1 week only
Unread 20 Jun 14, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
laughing jedi
Imagineer

We've been twice and love it, once since visiting disneyworld and didn't think any less of it.
Unread 20 Jun 14, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

DLP is fantastic! I find it quite rude that people call it 'rubbish' / set your expectations low. A lot of people would find it a luxury to go to DLP. No it's not florida. But it's still magical
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
To the West coast...and beyond!
Closed Thread
Ocean Florida