Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.
Holiday to Florida with Florida4less
Closed Thread
Unread 5 Oct 14, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
kempydee
Apprentice Imagineer

kempydee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 2
Does that mean the shares will take a nose dive in price? Is that why they are having the meeting before the French stock exchange opens?
I "read" that to mean that it will be a financial announcement and they know it will affect the share price.
kempydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disney or Universal? ...
Unread 5 Oct 14, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
geoffa
Imagineer

geoffa's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 8
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Sounds to me that they are renegotiating share situations. Whether that means redundancies or what - we won't find out until the meeting has been held. Obviously their marketing isn't working - maybe time to call in the cavalry? As Peter H points out if there was the slightest chance of bankruptcy shareholders would be the first to know.

Edited at 01:44 PM.
geoffa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Cancelled because of illness.
Unread 5 Oct 14, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Attendance was high for the 20th anniversary so a slump is not surprising.
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
DLP for lions, jungles and food, oh my!
Unread 5 Oct 14, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sweetemotion
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 114
What a shame they aren't doing as well I've wanted to go back to DLP for a while but have been saving for other things, hopefully a weekend next year I will make it back there. I really think they need better merchandise overall though. If they had similar stuff to DLR and WDW then I would spend tons there!

WDW - 96, 99, 00, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07 DLP - 98, 01, 02, 10 DLR - 11, 12, 14, 15 South Dakota - 2011 Las Vegas - 11, 12, 13x2, 14 Phoenix - 2013 San Diego - 2013 San Francisco, Yosemite - 2012 Los Angeles - 2011, 2013 Hawaii - 2014 2015 - Amsterdam, Rome, Munich 2016 - Prague, Paris
sweetemotion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Moving to Florida!
Unread 5 Oct 14, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel32
Having Dinner with Goofy

I very much doubt it, it would be catastrophic for the brand over all. But just so you know. I always, always book my holiday on a credit card.

I know people don't always like credit cards but in this day and age, with uncertainty and so many good 0% deals. It's insanity not to have one. Not to mention the clarity is the cheapest way to spend abroad.

Anything over 100 even if you only put some on your CC. They have joint liability under section 75. So if your holiday company goes belly up get a refund from your credit card!
Ariel32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 5 Oct 14, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
cazspence
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ariel32 View Post
I very much doubt it, it would be catastrophic for the brand over all. But just so you know. I always, always book my holiday on a credit card.

I know people don't always like credit cards but in this day and age, with uncertainty and so many good 0% deals. It's insanity not to have one. Not to mention the clarity is the cheapest way to spend abroad.

Anything over 100 even if you only put some on your CC. They have joint liability under section 75. So if your holiday company goes belly up get a refund from your credit card!

Same here, but I save the money first so I'm instantly paying it off. Sometimes before it's even off the credit card.
cazspence is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Legends of the Force
Unread 5 Oct 14, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeishere
Excited about Disney

Doubt it would be closure, it would look bad for the company overall to close a major Disney theme park and even though its got money issues its still the biggest tourist destination in Europe so why would they want to close something that popular. If anything the wdc will want to take it over so they can finally see the rewards and profits that come from being the no. 1 tourist destination in Europe instead of usually never seeing these benefits being in debt.
mikeishere is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 5 Oct 14, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
geoffa
Imagineer

geoffa's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 8
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 1
So the BIG question is why they aren't making a profit? If it is the No 1 tourist destination why isn't it succeeding financially? Disney Corp has bailed this place out once already. It renegotiated the loans from the European bankers threatening "to walk" if they didn't listen. Ok we have been through an economic depression but if its hotels were full and it was packed to capacity at times why is it so different in operation to its sister parks?
Somebody must have an answer.

Edited at 04:32 PM.
geoffa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Cancelled because of illness.
Closed Thread
ResalesDVC