Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning Discussion > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.
Kenwood Travel
Closed Thread
Unread 19 Jan 15, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
kempydee
Apprentice Imagineer

kempydee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

Haven't heard from Halifax as yet... however Just checked the shares and they are 1.26!

I emailed shareholders again over the weekend to ask if my membership is going to be classed as finished (it ran out last Sep) but haven't had a reply.
kempydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disney or Universal? ...
Unread 19 Jan 15, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
A&S&O
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by kempydee View Post
Haven't heard from Halifax as yet... however Just checked the shares and they are 1.26!

I emailed shareholders again over the weekend to ask if my membership is going to be classed as finished (it ran out last Sep) but haven't had a reply.
Nothing here yet either - from Halifax or Hargreaves Lansdowne.
97 DLPx2, 98 DLPx2, 99 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 02 DLP, 03 DLR, 04 WDW+DLP, 05 DLP+DLR, 06 WDW, 07 DLPx2, 08 WDW+DLPx3, 09 DLPx7, 10 WDW (inc. extra week due to ash cloud!), 11 DLR, 12 WDW+DLP, 13 WDW+DLP, 14 WDW+DLP x3, 15 DLR+DLPx2, 16 WDW+DLPx2, 17 WDWx2+DLP, 18 WDW+DLP x2.
Coming up 19 WDWx2, 20 WDWx1. Planning 20 DLPx1.
A&S&O is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
WDW August and December 19 + Easter 20.
Unread 19 Jan 15, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
LufcDeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Not heard anything yet.

Does anyone actually understand what's happening?

Debs
LufcDeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
DLP! AGAIN!
Unread 19 Jan 15, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
kempydee
Apprentice Imagineer

kempydee's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by LufcDeb View Post
Not heard anything yet.

Does anyone actually understand what's happening?
No! Its so frustrating - don't know if to buy shares now as they are 1.26 as my membership has run out, or hope that I'm still classed as a member and just need to renew my membership and take advantage of buying them at even cheaper.
We don't even know if its still 100 shares needed.
I've asked on twitter as no replies to my emails.
kempydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disney or Universal? ...
Unread 19 Jan 15, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
LufcDeb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by kempydee View Post
No! Its so frustrating - don't know if to buy shares now as they are 1.26 as my membership has run out, or hope that I'm still classed as a member and just need to renew my membership and take advantage of buying them at even cheaper.
We don't even know if its still 100 shares needed.
I've asked on twitter as no replies to my emails.

I think I just replied to your Tweet and followed you!

I have 100 shares and renewed my membership a couple of months ago, so do I do nothing or do I need to buy the new shares? It's so confusing!

This is from the Shareholders website:

My shares were worth 3.46 euros before the announcement, will my holding lose value?
The proposal allows shareholders to preserve economic value of their holding
The example below demonstrates how to preserve your economic value but is one of many options you have as a shareholder. You have time to review all your investment options as the transaction will occur in the first half of 2015.
If you want to guarantee the full value of shares at their pre-announcement share price, you would participate fully in the rights offering and then sell all your shares into the mandatory tender offer.
Pre-announcement: 1 share at 3.46
Post transaction: 1 existing share: to be sold at 1.25 (i.e. TERP) to TWDC in mandatory tender offer + 9 new shares: subscribed at 1.00 per share through full participation in the rights offering. Then sell all nine new shares at 1.25 to TWDC in the mandatory tender and realize 2.25 net value
= 1.25 + 2.25 = 3.50 i.e. slightly above pre announcement value

You have the flexibility to pursue a range of optionsamong them, to fully realize the value of your shares at their pre-announcement share price; to maintain your ownership percentage; or to make no new investment, realize any value from selling your subscription rights, and hold or sell your shares.

Debs
LufcDeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
DLP! AGAIN!
Unread 19 Jan 15, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
kempydee
Apprentice Imagineer

kempydee's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Got this reply on twitter - keiko315 is a Dibber.

@SalonMickeyBlog: @walt4it @keiko315 @CafeFantasia Membership to the club makes no differance, all pure shareholders can take part in the rights offer

So in my case even though my membership has expired I could take advantage of buying the cheaper shares (I think!)
Disney or Universal? ...
Unread 19 Jan 15, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
kempydee
Apprentice Imagineer

kempydee's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Yes Deb @walt4it is me!
I think seeing as you already have the 100 shares and your membership is current you don't need to do anything.
Unless you want to buy more as an investment?
All your terms will stay the same.

I've only got 20 shares - so my dilemma is - can I buy the 80 shares needed to renew my membership or will I be classed as a new member and therefore have to wait to see what the new terms are.
I'm going Feb half term but shouldn't think I will have it sorted by then!
Disney or Universal? ...
Unread 19 Jan 15, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
keiko315
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Hi all.

I went to the AGM last week (you can see my live tweets @Keiko315) and have been helping to answer people's questions on fb and twitter about the recapitalisation.

I am more than happy to answer any questions where possible here too. However, before you ask away, let me try and break it down a little to help clear the muddy waters:

The first thing you need to do is find out from your broker if indeed you are eligible to participate. It depends how your shares are held as to whether or not you can. There is anecdotal evidence that some people who bought them through Halifax are eligible, at least one is not.
I personally have (or rather had) my shares with Hargreaves Lansdown and was told last week that I would NOT be eligible for the rights offer. As indicated, please speak to your broker directly and find out from them as it may differ for you.

If you are eligible, then you have a few options:

1. Do nothing. So long as you had 100 or more shares and a valid shareholders club membership card on 15th January 2015, then you will continue to be a member of the club - as long as you retain at least 100 shares.
2. From 19th Jan to 6th Feb inclusive, you can buy as many shares as you want at 1.00 EUR, up to a maximum of 9 new shares per current one you hold. So if for example you hold 100 shares, and you take up the full option by end of trading on 6th February, you would then own a total of 1,000 shares.

With the shares you have, you can then do on of the following:
A ) Sell some or all of yours shares to TWDC at the price of 1.25 EUR
(remembering to leave 100 in if you wish to remain a Shareholder Club Member)
B ) Retain all the shares you have for the future to keep or trade as you normally would with shares.
Once all of that is completed, TWDC are then offering additional shares to all current shareholders at the rate of 1.25 EUR per share at a ratio of 1:1.
So if you had decided to keep all 1000 in the example above, then you could then purchase up to another 1000 at this reduced rate. Thus effectively increasing your holding in the company at what is currently deemed to be a good rate.

That's what is proposed (in a simple terms as I can put them - I'm not normally very good at explaining things!)

There are very strict timescales for buying and/or selling shares through this recapitalisation. These should be given to you by your broker early this week, if indeed you are eligible. So ideally, if you're going to take up part or all of the offer, you will need to decide sooner rather than later to not miss out.

The number of 100 shares above is only as an example. That was used as it is a simple number to use and is coincidentally the number of shares which were previously needed to be part of the Shareholders Club - and so affects most people.

If you have less than 100 shares, you can still participate in the rights issue - so long as it is allowed by your broker. You DO NOT have to be a member of the club to take advantage of this offer. You simply have to have owned the shares at close of trading on Friday 16th January.

If you held 20 shares prior to the last big financial shake up and have retained your membership with the Shareholders Club, this also remains the same and your rights are unaffected.

***Obviously, it goes without saying that you should always seek financial advice from a professional before making any decision and be aware that share prices can go up or down.***

If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I am by no means an expert but have sifted through hundreds of pages of documents and been to the AGM so have learnt a lot over the past couple of months.
keiko315 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Training for runDisneyParis trip, in
Closed Thread