Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.
Florida Tix
Closed Thread
Unread 26 Feb 15, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
cazimlive
Proud to wear my Ears

It's just like queuing at WDW is completely different to that at DLP.

The people are different. Guests, cast members, different continent, all these things effect it.

I once asked a spanish woman to either stop smoking or smoke somewhere else, this was in the outside queue in the studios to see Buzz Lightyear. She glared at me and pointed to her 2 kids that she didn't have a problem smoking around them.

Different attitudes of europeans to americans.
cazimlive is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness
Unread 26 Feb 15, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by DJBenz View Post
They don't have security?

The fact is, for whatever reason, the problem doesn't manifest itself in WDW nearly as badly so what are they doing differently to control the problem?
French law means only a police officer (not a private security guard) can make someone stop smoking outdoors. The law is the law.

We Brits are the odd ones out and if you visit Europe often you just get used to that. As I say, even in London it is the same. Everyone smokes, no-one queues, everyone pushes and shoves. You just sharpen your elbows and resist!
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
DLP for lions, jungles and food, oh my!
Unread 26 Feb 15, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DJBenz
Apprentice Imagineer

DJBenz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
French law means only a police officer (not a private security guard) can make someone stop smoking outdoors. The law is the law.
I know this, but the ride queues (or many of them) are undercover and can be enforced, but they're not. They're not classed as outdoors and anyone smoking in those areas can be asked to leave. I was told this by guest services, we had a deep discussion on French law. Open areas are fair game, like you say there's no possibility of enforcing no smoking in them.

So regardless of cultures, countries etc. it isn't being enforced where it can be.
DJBenz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
We're going back...
Unread 26 Feb 15, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
geoffa
Imagineer

geoffa's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 8
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Despite having designated Smoking areas in both parks DLRP are extremely reluctant to enforce them.

In the UK bus shelters are covered areas and carry No Smoking signs but do people take any notice - no, of course not.

Edited at 06:18 PM.
geoffa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Cancelled because of illness.
Unread 26 Feb 15, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
VIP Dibber

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by cazimlive View Post
It's just like queuing at WDW is completely different to that at DLP.

The people are different. Guests, cast members, different continent, all these things effect it.

I once asked a spanish woman to either stop smoking or smoke somewhere else, this was in the outside queue in the studios to see Buzz Lightyear. She glared at me and pointed to her 2 kids that she didn't have a problem smoking around them.

Different attitudes of europeans to americans.
I guess you've never met Brazilian tour groups in WDW
Husband to endlessly understanding wife. Dad to three amazing kids. Mobile cash point and family taxi. Any opinions expressed are usually my own, or borrowed from people more intelligent than me. Please make cheques payable to 'Cash'.
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Center Parcs UK & DLP Bonanza
Unread 26 Feb 15, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Sprinkling Pixie Dust

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
There is a sticky at the top of this forum with contacts in, including an email to address complaints to.

.:[ Our Trippies Index ]:.

19 x DLP, 8 x WDW

The Duchess does DLP
Melanie R is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Glaciers & Glowtinis
Unread 26 Feb 15, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannabdav
Serious Dibber

I find this awful...I am a smoker but always have stuck to designated areas or at least away from others! I would never dream of smoking whilst standing next to my child and would never some next to anyone else's! !
August 2015 - a trip booked by accident! - L'Elysee Val D'Europe
October 2015 - making the most of our annual passes - Residhome Val D'Europe
May 2016 - in the pink palace -DLH

Hannabdav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Villians and Gouls
Unread 26 Feb 15, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
As I said, this will be our seventh visit and we've only once seen someone smoking in a queue. It's much more common out in the open.

Let's not forget that only twenty years ago in Britain it was perfectly acceptable to smoke over your children (and other people's too). When I was growing up, we asked people not to smoke in our house as both my dad and I have asthma. We were largely ignored and ridiculed, and thought of as fussy and unreasonable. There has been a huge shift of opinion in recent years in Britain, but many other countries haven't really changed.
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
DLP for lions, jungles and food, oh my!
Closed Thread
QuickSilver