Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Jan 16, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
i think breakfast closes at 10.30am at the cheyenne (its 11am at the DLH because they start breakfast later, 7.30am). But you still have time after EMH/when EMH gets busy at 9am to get the shuttle back to your hotel for breakfast.
It will take a good 90minutes out of your park time doing it that way though.
Yes, I would suggest asking if they are doing breakfast in the park when you go. If so, it will be in one of the restaurants in the park, until 10.30 I think.

I wouldn't want to go all the way back to Cheyenne once I was in the park. Too much park time. You may decide it's worth it for you though.

Another option - make friends with a Shareholder's Club member and ask them to take you to Salon Mickey for a free cuppa and pastry!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 16, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post

sorry but think some of these replies are ott to be honest. I would hardly describe this as pure theft. Am pretty sure that DLP factor this in when they make up the prices that are not cheap to say the least. They will be aware that a lot of people take something away with them and they there is no way they are gonna allow themselves to be out of pocket.
Anyway lets face it some people are going to eat a lot more than others and make sure they get their monies worth. Some people especially kids are not going to eat much and so really there is not really any difference between making a pig of yourself while there or taking a little something out with you if you don't eat much.
When our kids where small they would eat nothing at breakfast and if we stayed in a hotel we would only take a normal amount of food for a child to eat and if they didn't eat it we would take it with us. A mini cereal box or a roll.
Recently when staying at a premier inn in Durham the staff actually sent an elderly couple off with bacon rolls, a bag of fruit and paper cups filled with orange juice as they had only ordered a small amount at breakfast time and paid for full breakfast. That makes a lot of sense to me.
To accuse people of theft is crap and not sure why it concerns some people so much what others do. One thing for sure if nobody ever took anything away from the breakfast buffet do you really think they would suddenly lower the price !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 16, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessJenna
Excited about Disney

Hey,

We do it.. not loads, generally a banana or an apple for our son hes 5 mid afternoon or mid morning and sometimes a ham roll.
its hardly going to break disney haha although i am embarrassed while doing it so i generally make hubby do it haha.

oh .. nutella... im all over that for later on in the day to. haha
PrincessJenna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 16, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sidsmum
Very Serious Dibber

When I visited with my friend and her disabled daughter we went down for breakfast and took the daughter some food to eat later in the park as she won't eat early in the day, I did not see a problem with it. Not everyone is keen on eating a large breakfast and prefer a small amount and something a bit later.
sidsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 16, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post

There is a difference between asking if you can take something away with you, as you didn't eat much at breakfast, and making sandwiches, filling flasks, bottles, children's cups, Tupperware tubs, sandwich bags & the like, at breakfast, and sneaking them out to use for lunch. How much they charge for breakfast is irrelevant. You have paid for breakfast, not lunch.

This undoubtedly ends up in a heated debate, as opinions differ so wildly. This is mine.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 16, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
stumpe
Serious Dibber

We have and always will take a few bits for the kids from breakfast, only a few croissants , bread rolls, fruit.

We don't make up a full lunch, but just a few bits that the kids don't eat for breakfast, not once have we been told to not do this, any food left at the table when you leave is just thrown away so I cannot see it as a issue.

Just do what you feel comfortable in doing and if challenged then you don't do it again (well don't get caught )

Yes I have seen people make up full lunches etc, but have never seen them been challenged, its the same as smoking in DLP, your not supposed to do it but people do it and never once seen any CM challenge them.

I think people saying its theft are being a bit overboard (not one of them cannot honestly say they have never took something in question on the post before).

That's my opinion.

Lee
stumpe is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 16, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

We've just got back and we have a 2yr old. We did it for the 2yr old. As adults I didn't take anything for us but with no provision for a fridge in the room I couldn't take any sandwich fillings and my son likes a sandwich for his lunch. As a 2yr old he got no meals whatsoever on the dining plan and had to share our plates if we didn't go to a buffet. I also wasn't going to pay €10 for a child's meal of burger and chips for him when he wanted a ham sandwich.

I took my own foil in to breakfast with me, made him one sandwich and cut it in to 4 and put it in the foil and took it with us.

I had no problem doing this as it meant my son could have a normal lunch and was kept happy. Happy child=happy parents.

I wouldn't take food out for adults as I feel adults are more flexible when it comes to food and can usually find something suitable whereas with a child it's not as easy.

I would never dream of making a full packed lunch for us all though. I wasn't secretive about what I was doing and if I'd have been questioned I would have explained why I was doing it.

A couple of croissants will be no problem at all and no one will bat an eyelid at that.

We took our own crisps, biscuits etc with us for snacks in he park. If you feel uncomfortable why not take cereal bars etc for a morning snack. Go and enjoy your holiday!

WDW - Oct 2010 - SSR, Sept/Oct 2011 - I-Drive, May 2015 - OKW

DLP - Dec 2013, Jan 2015 - Cheyenne
vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 16, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
janeg88
Imagineer

janeg88's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If you feel embarrassed doing something, or need to be underhand to do it, then you probably shouldn't be doing it.
janeg88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 16, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Deadlinesman
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by janeg88 View Post
If you feel embarrassed doing something, or need to be underhand to do it, then you probably shouldn't be doing it.
This. Absolutely this.
Deadlinesman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 16, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

No offence to the OP, but I also consider it stealing. All these people saying "a croissant is nothing to Disney", fair enough. BUT, if everyone just takes a few extra croissants or fruit, it will soon be a very large amount of money and we will all pay extra for our rooms in the end.

If you really only want a few croissants or some fruit, take it with you. You can get stuff even in pound shops, that are individually packaged and light to carry.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread