Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 May 19, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
LW2412
Trainee Dibber

Please help me work this out!

Hi, really sorry to keep asking for help!

We are a group of 2 adults and 3 kids (9, 7, 3) within a larger family group. We have 2 weeks booked in Disney POFQ with QSDP. We are staying on for a 3rd week (just the 5 of us).

Our options are

a) Leave Disney on day 14, hire a car to travel to Clearwater, stay there for 5 days before travelling to Universal for final 2 days of holiday (in one of the Universal hotels)

b) Stay in Universal for the entire 3rd week but still only have 2-3 days in Universal. The remaining days we'd use our Seaworld and Aquatica passes, and hire a car for one day to drive to Clearwater.

c) Something else entirely?!

Which do you think would be best? I'm struggling to find nice hotels in Clearwater which sleep 5 so this lead me to looking at staying in Universal for longer!

I'm driving myself mad thinking of all the options. We are hoping to use Tesco vouchers to book the Universal hotel, if that makes any difference!

Please help and spam me with your ideas/suggestions/experiences!

Thanks
LW2412 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Hogwarts
Excited about Disney

If your only going to universal2/3 days I wouldn't pay the premium of hotel with fast passes unless you can afford it, be a hassle to keep moving but a lot cheaper
Hogwarts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Mobile

How many times have you been before ?
Old 7 May 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Good question above as personally I like more than 2 days in Universal, I would consider a villa for the last week.
Old 7 May 19, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
tonymc
Imagineer

tonymc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
How about a condo rental in Clearwater Beach? I’ve just checked and there are a number that will sleep 5 (3 beds) on the Airbnb site.

Would suggest having a break in Clearwater 4 nights/5 days to “recover” from the Disney parks, then move to a Universal hotel for your last 2 nights. You would probably be able to get an afternoon in Universal after travelling from Clearwater, a full day, then possibly a morning on your travel day.
2024 The Retirement Roadshow – Part 2:Alaska, 2023 4th Time lucky - Aus & NZ, 2022 Cruising and Tuscany, 2020 A second unexpected staycation - Budapest to West Wales!, 2019 It’s Disney... but not as we know it!,2017 CA Possibly, Maybe, Definitely..,2016 Economy and a Studio Just Isn't Good Enough!
tonymc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
srh
slightly serious Dibber

Not in Clearwater, but in St Pete Beach, I think this would fit the bill for 5 days.

Stayed last summer and it's great.

bonaireresort/
Old 7 May 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
LW2412
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
How many times have you been before ?
First trip since I was 8 (now 30s!)

Really wanted to do a stint at Clearwater but struggling with the logistics and also with finding a hotel... would really prefer a hotel to a villa/condo purely for feeling more like I’m on holiday and for the ‘resort’ facilities for the kids.

Our original plan was Clearwater straight from Disney but we’d also want to use our Seaworld & Aquatica tickets so would it be wasted if we kept driving back & forth from those parks? Which leads me to think maybe we’re better off in a Universal hotel for the entire week as that’s where we’d planned to end our trip!

Really appreciate all the replies ☺️
LW2412 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

If this is your first visit you could literally occupy yourselves with Disney for 3 weeks, I personally wouldn't bother with the coast, the park tickets are so expensive I would make the most of them, your children are quite small, it is quite full on and tiring for them, When are you going ? I am not sure I would even bother with Universal, if you have Disney (6 parks) plus Seaworld, Aquatica, you will probably want 2 days for each Disney park, we tended to do a day and a late afternoon evening on the second visit so that we saw all the fireworks, a day shopping, a day or two enjoying the resort, it would be really cheap to upgrade your Disney Passes to 21 days, maybe stay off site for the 3rd week or rent some DVC points to stay onsite or if you are set on Universal do that, but it will also save you the car hire if you forget the coast, you can use the Disney Transport and the use UBer for you Universal stay etc..
Decisions Decisions :-)
Old 7 May 19, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I wouldn’t have universal hotel for your last night as you are laying a lot for those front of line passes and you won’t get the advantage when you are leaving that day.

I’d have 3/4 days At Universal straight after Disney and finish off with a few days at the beach.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Will you be going again? I don't think I'd do all those parks and the beach in one trip. If you want to go to the beach I would either ditch Universal or the SeaWorld parks. I'd go for one of the following:

A) 3 weeks on site at POFQ. Uber to SeaWorld and Aquatica.
b) 2 weeks POFQ and 1 week in a villa or suite(e.g. Endless Summer) doing Sea World, Aquatica and Universal
C) 2 weeks POFQ, 2 nights Universal, 5 nights beach and ditch SeaWorld. Finishing at the beach will give you time to rest up before you're back at work. Disney holidays are tiring!
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List