Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 7 May 19, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Moving hotels during your holiday- the best way to move

We have booked 5 nights at Colorado Springs and then will be moving to universals endless summer resort for 8 nights. Potentially we may even return to Disney for another night at a value to round the holiday up to 14 days and use of 60 day fast passes for our last day + magical express, but we will look into that when flight prices are released.

So that’s at least one hotel move we have to think about! Obviously we want to have as much of the move day to the parks or whatever we decide to do and not spend the whole day moving around with cases and I know a lot of dibbers do hotel hop so what do you all recommend?

Check out is 11am at Colorado and check in at endless summer (not 100% sure the time) but I’ll guestimate it will be 2pm-3pm.

I’d love to know what people do to make this as easy as possible!

DLP | June 2015 | Dec 2016 | Sept 2017 | Oct 2017 | Nov 2018

WDW | April 2009 | Feb 2019
dreamisawish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dreamisawish View Post
We have booked 5 nights at Colorado Springs and then will be moving to universals endless summer resort for 8 nights. Potentially we may even return to Disney for another night at a value to round the holiday up to 14 days and use of 60 day fast passes for our last day + magical express, but we will look into that when flight prices are released.

So that’s at least one hotel move we have to think about! Obviously we want to have as much of the move day to the parks or whatever we decide to do and not spend the whole day moving around with cases and I know a lot of dibbers do hotel hop so what do you all recommend?

Check out is 11am at Colorado and check in at endless summer (not 100% sure the time) but I’ll guestimate it will be 2pm-3pm.

I’d love to know what people do to make this as easy as possible!
We’ve just done a hotel swap, but Disney to Disney so we used a Minnie van, but you could use Lyft your new Hotel should store your luggage if your room isn’t ready x
Loulou127 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

You can check out any time you like - 11am is just the latest time. And the "check-in" time is just the time that the room will be available, you can check-in much earlier in the day if you please, but they won't guarantee room access. Every hotel I've ever been too has been happy to store luggage either after check-out or before your room in available. This option will definitely be available at Coronado Springs and I cannot imagine that it's not at Endless Summer.

So your main decision is do you want to spend the switch over day at Disney, or at Universal, or mix then up?

If you want to stick with Disney, check out as early as you can and ask them to hold your luggage. Head to a park and then return later to pick up bags and transfer. If you want to do Universal, check out as early as you can, transfer to Universal, ask then to look after your luggage and then return in the afternoon once the room is available. If you want to do half-and half then you'll have to have both hotels hold your luggage for a while.

Personally I think leaving the luggage with the hotel is far better than storing it in your car (if you have one) due to overheating and potential security risk.
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
tonymc
Imagineer

tonymc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
As above, utilise the hotel’s luggage facilities to store your bags, whichever way round you decide to spend your “transfer” day.

Also, if you do book a room back at Disney for your final night, just pack one or two bags for your final night and travel day, then everything else can be left in the cases for travel to the airport.
2024 The Retirement Roadshow – Part 2:Alaska, 2023 4th Time lucky - Aus & NZ, 2022 Cruising and Tuscany, 2020 A second unexpected staycation - Budapest to West Wales!, 2019 It’s Disney... but not as we know it!,2017 CA Possibly, Maybe, Definitely..,2016 Economy and a Studio Just Isn't Good Enough!
tonymc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

We are doing Coronado to Cabana Bay in October. We plan to spend the morning at Disney (currently have BOG breakfast booked), then plan to have a late (ish) lunch at Polite Pig, then head over to Cabana Bay. The room won’t be ready until 4ish and we’d rather unpack when we arrive than leave our bags with bell services again so it makes sense for us - plus the next 9 nights will be in and around Universal so we will get plenty of time there!
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamisawish
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
We are doing Coronado to Cabana Bay in October. We plan to spend the morning at Disney (currently have BOG breakfast booked), then plan to have a late (ish) lunch at Polite Pig, then head over to Cabana Bay. The room won’t be ready until 4ish and we’d rather unpack when we arrive than leave our bags with bell services again so it makes sense for us - plus the next 9 nights will be in and around Universal so we will get plenty of time there!
Oh yep, that's one element I forgot to mention. We have the ding plan until midnight that night leaving Disney so I imagine we will want to stay on Disney property to make the most out of that.

I think now thinking about it we may either do a half park day or just a Disney springs relaxed morning and move in the afternoon to universal. I was worried about rooms in endlesss summer but I'll just send a room request before we go and hopefully we'll get a room not miles away from the reception!

Once we decide what places we want to eat at we'll figure the rest out.

Thanks!

DLP | June 2015 | Dec 2016 | Sept 2017 | Oct 2017 | Nov 2018

WDW | April 2009 | Feb 2019
dreamisawish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List