Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Aug 19, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
They should take a hardline approach to security, the rules are there for a reason.

Someone could make an honest mistake and have left an item in their bag which is fair enough, but someone purposely trying to sneak a prohibited item through or get around security rules should be denied access whatever the prohibited item.
Yeah that was my thought apparently they were arguing they shouldn’t have to pay for a locker

I’m very anti “selfish” sticks after my first visit someone swing round and very nearly took my eye out (had a cut a couple of mom away from my eye) and then proceeded to shout at me as her phone fell out and smashed on the floor
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mattyped
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

The only reason they were banned was every ride has a safety envelope where if you reached out you couldn't touch anything. These allowed you to reach outside this envelope. That's the only reason. So instead of banning cameras on rides they had to ban the sticks.
mattyped is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa
Excited about Disney

Mobile

To confirm they dont tolerate them ... we were queuing for magic carpets (As usual it was as hot as the sun in the q 😎&#128513 ... we were almost at the point of riding ... then they stopped the ride just after it had started because a lady got a selfie stick out ...they unloaded the ride ...took her to one side and had a lengthy discussion with her ...then reloaded the ride without her and her party ...
As you say they pose a definite danger to those using them and fellow park guests
Lisa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Katie C
Imagineer

I believe the final straw for their banning was some idiot got one out on California Screamin (as it was then) in the California Adventure park and the ride had to go into emergency shutdown, everyone evacuated and then it took a while to get it up and running again. I can see why Disney took the decision they did!
Katie C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List