Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Aug 19, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
bryanr
Trying for More Ears

Package holidays - am I missing something?

We are thinking of booking a week AI next Easter but haven't done anything like this before so have had a look at a couple of places to get an idea of prices. A week booked through Jet2 with transfers but no car would cost just under £2100 for four but if we book the same hotel direct and then arrange flights and car hire with BA it comes to £1400. We would get the same luggage allowance and there are more flights to choose from if we went with BA. We would also have the car to use all week as well.
Am I missing something obvious as I can't understand why there would be such a difference in booking yourself compared to a package. Thanks
bryanr is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile

Either way that’s a really good price for an AI holiday at Easter!

Just make sure the diy price includes luggage, transfers and the same AI deal and you’re good to go 👍
Col&Ali is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

£1400 seems very cheap for a week AI for 4 people with car & flights? Just double check everything is included ( ie car ins & luggage etc..)
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

We always book separate. Find it’s much cheaper and we usually do private transfers. We book easy jet holidays and use travel republic for hotels.
mrsbenny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

a weeks AI incl flights for 350 quid each.. & car.. at Easter!

are you 100% sure this is like for like ie/ youve def got AI option not room only

what departure airport / resort / hotel are we talking about ?

Edited at 05:22 PM.
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Sounds a fab deal. I would check every little detail to make sure it includes everything and book it quick before it disappears. I do usually find Jet 2 to be quite expensive. I haven’t booked a package in years, always price up but always more expensive.
Would be interested to know dates/ destination etc.

Edited at 05:31 PM.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

We often use Jet2 holidays and find them midrange price wise. I always think Tui, First choice are pretty expensive. With TC being more or less depending when and where you are going.

Try going through the likes of Travel Republic, they will book things separately but at the same time and you can pick and choose each component to suit. I’ve always found them very competitive. I believe they are owned by the Emirates group.

I’ve tried pricing up separately in the past but it never seems to work out cheaper that way, not sure why?

Kat

Edited at 05:42 PM.
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

I always price DIY and package and then just book the cheapest.

I agree yours sounds an unbelievable saving. Are you sure it's the exact same holiday? If so, I'd book.

We struggle to get flights for four to beach destinations for less than £250-300 each.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
bryanr
Trying for More Ears

Thank you all for your replies so far. I couldn't believe there would be such a difference in the price and initially thought that the BA price for four flights and car hire was for one way but I got someone else to check it and it came out at the same price (£623 for return flights to Palma and car hire for a week). I have also found the same hotel on Travel Republic and although it is slightly more expensive than on the hotel's own website I'm not having to rely on Google translate and it is still way cheaper than Jet2.

It was only an idea really to have a look at prices but having fallen across a deal for a week which is cheaper than 4 nights at Centre Parcs including food and drink it would be rude not to take advantage of it!
bryanr is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by bryanr View Post
Thank you all for your replies so far. I couldn't believe there would be such a difference in the price and initially thought that the BA price for four flights and car hire was for one way but I got someone else to check it and it came out at the same price (£623 for return flights to Palma and car hire for a week). I have also found the same hotel on Travel Republic and although it is slightly more expensive than on the hotel's own website I'm not having to rely on Google translate and it is still way cheaper than Jet2.

It was only an idea really to have a look at prices but having fallen across a deal for a week which is cheaper than 4 nights at Centre Parcs including food and drink it would be rude not to take advantage of it!
Is the hotel price paid now or in resort? I'd pay now if it's a price you're happy with, with Brexit the exchange rate could affect the price.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List