Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Aug 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariekitty13
Earning More Ears

Taking a newborn?

So we have booked our next Disney holiday next April/May (2020). It will be our third trip but 1st trip with family.

We found out a few weeks ago that we are expecting, Due Mid February. So if baby is born on its due date it will be just over 2 months old (10 weeks). This is our first baby.

The family members coming with us will have their 2 year old with them. All of us are staying on Disney property.

We aren't planning on canceling but do you think this will be too soon post-partum? Is there anything we need to know? Any tips?

Thanks for your help.
Mariekitty13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
No experience of doing this, but have a look at Abiknox’s trip reports - am sure she took her daughter when she was a similar age. Will see if I can find you a link.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Have found their first trip report with baby Edith. https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...0#post13055360

I’m sure if you message Abi, she’ll be able to offer you some great advice.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Is there anyway you could leave the baby at home with a close family member? The baby will mean your holiday revolves around them and will mean you will miss out on so much, once the baby is older you can all go back and all have a great time
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I think it’s a difficult one this because if you go overdue, you could be looking at an 8 week old which is very young. Will baby have had all its jabs by the time you fly? You won’t know I suppose until the birth. I would be wary about taking a baby on a plane without them having their jabs first to be honest. We took a four month old and found it a breeze, but that is very different to an 8 week old. It was also our second child so we were much more chilled. I wasn’t as chilled with my first child and you don’t know how you are going to be. What if you are late and have a c-section? Are you going to want to travel and walk so much so soon after? Not trying to put you off, but you just have to think about these things. If it were me, I would try and delay it by a few months until baby is a little older and you are fully recovered. Is this a possibility? Did you get insurance when you booked? If so, check out your terms as this may be covered. Worth giving them a call perhaps. Also, contact who you booked with as they may be more accommodating than you think and just move the holiday back a few months xx
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Orlandoguy View Post
Is there anyway you could leave the baby at home with a close family member? The baby will mean your holiday revolves around them and will mean you will miss out on so much, once the baby is older you can all go back and all have a great time
Are you being serious?
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

😂😂 I’m afraid your life revolves around them once your baby is born not your holiday. Would anyone seriously leave a newborn baby at home.
OP all the best for your pregnancy and I’m sure you will manage. Taking a newborn wouldn’t be for me but with lots if planning I’m sure you will do fine.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
GrumpyDopey&Me
Imagineer

GrumpyDopey&Me's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Without being a Debbie downer I had a very traumatic birth and I was still in and out of hospital for the following 3 months. The baby was fine but I was not. You could have the perfect birth but you might not. April and May you can get some cracking last minute flights. I’d wait until babe is here then decide

Edited at 05:53 PM.
GrumpyDopey&Me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Yikes! I am not a mother but still cannot imagine many would be up for that.

OP, no I would not proceed with the holiday plans in this scenario, you don't know how things will go. You could book a last minute deal instead once baby is here and if the timing feels right.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

I would personally postpone, , my daughter was born by c section and I had no trouble what so ever, was off painkillers by day 3 and was driving 3 weeks later (with Doctors permission!) but a new born is so tiring, up every couple of hours in the night, I wouldn't really want to be doing the parks plus April is so busy out there. I personally would want the baby to have all his/her jabs before going on a plane.
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List