Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 14 Aug 19, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney45 View Post
We are looking at going to Dubai next year for the first time as the prices look cheaper than a week to Spain! And we would like a change from Florida can anyone recommend a good hotel for us we would have our 2 daughter’s with us aged 12 & 15 they love anything water related from paddle boarding to water parks. Any tips would be great x
Def recommend Atlantis for the water park, you would never see them!
There's another hotel that has water park access butvi can't remember which one. Think it's Wild Wadi water park. Some really good prices for hotels during Ramadan. We got an amazing price for a suite and full board this year!
We've also stayed at Fairmont the Palm and the Waldorf Astoria both of which were beautiful hotels but just pools, no water parks etc.
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Pixiedust40
Imagineer

Well I thought I would report back that Caesars Palace is beautiful. I loved it and would return. I had an Ocean View room and it was lovely.

Everytime I encountered into a member of staff they asked if I was enjoying my stay and could they help with anything. I could get used to all of that pampering sigh

They are opening 150 bars, restaurants and shops there. I think I would wait to return until all these are open as it would be a complete destination in its own right...perfect for a wander of an afternoon/evening. (Some are open and I think it will look lovely once complete).

Nice place for a long weekend
Old 22 Aug 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Pixiedust40 View Post
Well I thought I would report back that Caesars Palace is beautiful. I loved it and would return. I had an Ocean View room and it was lovely.

Everytime I encountered into a member of staff they asked if I was enjoying my stay and could they help with anything. I could get used to all of that pampering sigh

They are opening 150 bars, restaurants and shops there. I think I would wait to return until all these are open as it would be a complete destination in its own right...perfect for a wander of an afternoon/evening. (Some are open and I think it will look lovely once complete).

Nice place for a long weekend
Have you been already?! What were the rooms like? Did they have club level?
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Pixiedust40
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Have you been already?! What were the rooms like? Did they have club level?
Sorry slow replying Colette, I took the kids out for the day and have finally sat down. I know it came and went so fast... although I would happily go again this weekend if I had the chance lol (wishful thinking)

They didn’t do club rooms but they may change that in the future maybe as it seemed they were still trying various ideas out.
Breakfast was in HK and it was buffet , but then on Sunday they changed it to A La Carte service instead and then came round afterwards to see which we preferred etc... so it seemed like they are trying things out as they go.

On Saturday evening when we went out someone bought my handbag it’s very own table lol... I have never had this before (I’m clearly not posh enough to have this in my everyday life 😂 lol). It did make me think I’ve got to treat myself to a new evening bag worthy of its own table
Old 23 Aug 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Pixiedust40
Imagineer

Oh I didn’t say sorry ... the rooms were lovely and the bathroom runs the entire length of the bedroom. The mattress was the most comfy mattress I have ever slept on and I did say to dh that we should google where they get them from lol. They leave you the usual complimentary slippers and some very nice flip flops for by the pool.
There was a nice sofa bed on the balcony too
Old 23 Aug 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by Pixiedust40 View Post
Sorry slow replying Colette, I took the kids out for the day and have finally sat down. I know it came and went so fast... although I would happily go again this weekend if I had the chance lol (wishful thinking)

They didn’t do club rooms but they may change that in the future maybe as it seemed they were still trying various ideas out.
Breakfast was in HK and it was buffet , but then on Sunday they changed it to A La Carte service instead and then came round afterwards to see which we preferred etc... so it seemed like they are trying things out as they go.

On Saturday evening when we went out someone bought my handbag it’s very own table lol... I have never had this before (I’m clearly not posh enough to have this in my everyday life 😂 lol). It did make me think I’ve got to treat myself to a new evening bag worthy of its own table
Ooooh sounds amazing! I know a man in Dubai who sells lovely bags 😉 a reason to return
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Pixiedust40
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Ooooh sounds amazing! I know a man in Dubai who sells lovely bags 😉 a reason to return
Oh definitely, I need a man like that in my life too lol
Old 24 Aug 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
rachelhelen82
Imagineer

Grand Hyatt Dubai

Hi - just looking for a bit of advice really having never been to Dubai.

Looking at going for a week and staying at the Grand Hyatt Dubai. We just want to do the “normal” tourist stuff like Motiongate, Mall of Emirates, a water park etc. Is this hotel in good location for this type of thing?

Also, we’ll most likely be booking this as a package through Emirates, it doesn’t look like transfers are included, would we be able to get an Uber from outside the airport?

Any help would be much appreciated, I’m pretty clueless on this area of the world!
Disney Cruise Line ~ Disney Dream 2013
Disney Cruise Line Staycation ~ Disney Magic 2021
Hong Kong Disneyland 2016
Tokyo Disney Resort / Disneysea 2016
NYC 2016
Disneyland / California Adventure 2018
rachelhelen82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by rachelhelen82 View Post

Looking at going for a week and staying at the Grand Hyatt Dubai. We just want to do the “normal” tourist stuff like Motiongate, Mall of Emirates, a water park etc. Is this hotel in good location for this type of thing?

Also, we’ll most likely be booking this as a package through Emirates, it doesn’t look like transfers are included, would we be able to get an Uber from outside the airport?

Any help would be much appreciated, I’m pretty clueless on this area of the world!
Sorry but not familiar with hotel but everything is fairly compact and easy to navigate. Taxis are readily available and cheap so it’s easy to get about.
Not sure about Uber from the airport but there are 100’s of taxis lined up outside. If you are staying club at the hotel transfers are usually included by hotel
Old 24 Aug 19, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by rachelhelen82 View Post

We stayed there for a week over Halloween last year.
We loved the hotel, really liked the location and found it very convenient for getting out and about.
We booked with Emirates Holidays, no transfers but loads of taxis outside and it’s only 10mins away. Taxis are really cheap. Never used Uber.
Motiongate is about an hour away but there was a free shuttle bus picked up and dropped off at the hotel about 3 times a day and was really easy.

I did a trip report, you can read it here

Halloween in Dubai, October 2018
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1106980

Give me a shout if you’ve got any more questions about the hotel.

Edited at 08:51 PM.
Geordieprincess is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List