Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 24 Aug 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Sounds to me they’ve decided to get it done in double quick time. They were originally saying three years, but if they carry on at this rate it sounds more like 18 months tops. Maybe BB need the workers for other Disney work they’ve won.
Old 24 Aug 19, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
YT. Just in case it's done very quick I am amassing a collection of photos of how bad things are in the rooms.

When you sit back quietly and hunt out the faults it's so sad. Some are a disgrace.

In 5 mins flat I have 6 photos of things that are really bad

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
YT. Just in case it's done very quick I am amassing a collection of photos of how bad things are in the rooms.

When you sit back quietly and hunt out the faults it's so sad. Some are a disgrace.

In 5 mins flat I have 6 photos of things that are really bad
I noticed it this year , for a dvc resort and what we paid to buy in and pay in dues , shocking

We have a timeshare here in Scotland and I can’t help but compare the two with SSR way under par

Refurbishment should have been done long time ago

In July we had curtains hanging off, black shower curtain , handles on drawers with only on screw holding them in so dangling , floors filthy and the inside of the washing machine black

Edited at 02:11 PM.
Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post
I noticed it this year , for a dvc resort and what we paid to buy in and pay in dues , shocking

We have a timeshare here in Scotland and I can’t help but compare the two with SSR way under par

Refurbishment should have been done long time ago

In July we had curtains hanging off, black shower curtain , handles on drawers with only on screw holding them in so dangling , floors filthy and the inside of the washing machine black
Ali. I have an awesome memory and I remember the pictures you posted of your other ownership.

It looked stunning and absolutely pristine.

The thing that really grips me is slow draining sinks and baths. Our sink here takes 5 mins to drain and as I wet shave it ends up full of soap scum and bristles!

We all know it's caused by hair normally from the Ladies. Why not swathe through a Resort every 6 months and clean the U Bends and plug filters out?

I do our bathroom ones at home in 10 mins flat. Not hard.

Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Ali. I have an awesome memory and I remember the pictures you posted of your other ownership.

It looked stunning and absolutely pristine.

The thing that really grips me is slow draining sinks and baths. Our sink here takes 5 mins to drain and as I wet shave it ends up full of soap scum and bristles!

We all know it's caused by hair normally from the Ladies. Why not swathe through a Resort every 6 months and clean the U Bends and plug filters out?

I do our bathroom ones at home in 10 mins flat. Not hard.
One of our sinks was like that at PVB in May. A quick call to maintenance and it was sorted within minutes.
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Fortunately they have brought forward returbs, they were too long. I have refused to stay at SSR due to the rooms being so bad, as I've said on here, until it's done. It was worse than OKW when I stayed there in 2016. Then again, even Beach Club wasn't too clever before they did it, neither was Boardwalk. Boardwalk and AKL Kidani were both in good shape when I stayed last summer.
Fortunately all this is nearly behind us, and with 5 sleep surfaces in the 1 bed and cheap points per night, I'll 100% be booking it as soon as I can be sure I'll get a refurb room. Suspect that may be my 2021 trip(s) - I was looking at my points today and I may need to add on another small contract to take me to 400+
Tom i'd be keen to see your 'dodgy dossier' photos and I reckon you should point DVC management to them also, so hopefully it won't happen again in future.

Edited at 04:14 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Killing an hour before heading to MCO to collect my Daughter.

This is Block 1

Canopies now on

Machinery just fenced off. Wouldn't be acceptable in the UK.

Those shingles need to be redone as one row is dreadful

Drapes up in maybe half the rooms

Edited at 05:36 PM.
Old 24 Aug 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Agree, poor workmanship on those shingles. I bet Disney don't do anything about it either. Manager should be going around and checking with an eye for detail. Or maybe contract you Tom to do it for them .
Old 24 Aug 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Tom looks to me as the shingles that are awful are the end of a roll and the beginning of the next
Can look dreadful if not alloff the same colour run or not perfectly aligned
Yes folks shingle comes in huge rolls or as single tiles Roofers that can lay roof tiles get a fortune believe me
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Tom looks to me as the shingles that are awful are the end of a roll and the beginning of the next
Can look dreadful if not alloff the same colour run or not perfectly aligned
Yes folks shingle comes in huge rolls or as single tiles Roofers that can lay roof tiles get a fortune believe me
Helen. These are individual ones but it's all but impossible to insert a new row or even individual ones.
However as YT says quality control should pick this up.

I agree roofers are on good loot. Was the same when I was on the buildings. However not making as much as I did as I used to put the roofs on. My claim to fame is I put the last traditional hand cut roof on for George Wimpey and the first truss one.