Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Aug 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
gizmodo
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Looking back at my spreadsheet, the BA sale started 31st August last year. But my best price for what I was looking at was a few days after the sale in October.
gizmodo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
gizmodo
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by ak1985 View Post
Thank you.

Can I ask what sites you use? Checking Skyscanner and BA and can’t see that journey any cheaper than others?
What are you searching for?

I'm just using BA at the moment. Virgin flights aren't out. I check netflights now and then.
gizmodo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
gizmodo
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
For those that were wondering about prices in the September sale.

These were the prices coming up last september for 2a 2c to Miami.
Think the dates say 23/7 - 13/8 (3 weeks).

I took a screenshot so I could compare this year. Not long for me to wait now until my dates are out.😬
Was this is the sale then? My best school holiday price so far has been £663.75 pp for 20th - 6th Aug, with a group S car. GAT-ORL. BA. £723 with seats. That seems to compare quite well to what you go last year. Just slightly shorter...17 nights.

I don't know what I will do with my time when I've booked the flights.
Old 23 Aug 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Florida Liz View Post
Thank you. He’s doing really well. Can I ask who you got insurance with after your chemo and how much.
I got travel insurance from GetGoing Insurance - we booked a week in Spain for 6 weeks after chemo finished and also booked a family trip for 2 weeks in Florida for the following summer. Phone around places but be very honest with them re medication and cancer information. I had breast cancer Spring 2017, surgery and chemo but no rads or any medication to take afterwards. Once you have travel insurance if anything changes such as new meds, stopping meds or treatment then let the insurance know. Honesty is the best way with them. Also as soon as we book a holiday I take out travel insurance asap just to protect us.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gizmodo View Post
Was this is the sale then? My best school holiday price so far has been £663.75 pp for 20th - 6th Aug, with a group S car. GAT-ORL. BA. £723 with seats. That seems to compare quite well to what you go last year. Just slightly shorter...17 nights.

I don't know what I will do with my time when I've booked the flights.
Yes that was about 3 days before the end of the sale.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Mobile

Looking back at my spreadsheet, the BA sale started 31st August last year. But my best price for what I was looking at was a few days after the sale in October.
For school holidays in August I’ve always booked in the December sale (past 5-6 years now) and I’ve found prices marginally better than October time (£50-£75 per person) but it all adds up... although possibly dependant on where you fly into. It Just goes to show However the
art of patience. Whilst each to their own, I can only reiterate, you’ll never get the best price on release, well certainly not on a BA flydrive.
MarkUK is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
gizmodo
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I've just read the 2019 thread and the best prices on there direct were around the £650 mark in September/October.

Nobody posted at Christmas to say they got a deal. There were some in February which is when the prices dropped for me. But similar to the October price.
Old 24 Aug 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

For those looking at returning after 24/25 August, if previous years are not an accurate forecast, the BA sale won’t help because it ends before our return date is released.

On Boxing Day in 2016, I booked for 18 August-1 September 2017 for indirect flights BIrmingham to Orlando via Frankfurt for £500 each.

I’ve seen the same route coming up for similar/slightly more prices every year since.

If that’s all I can get this year, I’d go with it BUT would prefer a different route - arrival into MCO was late so immigration a nightmare (plus lightning when we arrived so they kept us on the plane for a while); changeover at Frankfurt was stressful each way because the first leg was delayed each way (and they made us repeat security on the homeward leg), plus I’d prefer a shorter flight rather than a short one followed by a long one... but the return flight was 8pm, so we got a late check out, did EMH in MK on departure morning, brunch at CP, swim at POFQ pool, quick dash showers (speediest ever) and out of the room on the dot of 3pm! Mooch around the shop and left for MCO at 4pm. I’m not sure all the hassle at Frankfurt was worth it, but enjoying most of the departure day was a benefit!
DLP DCR - 2009
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

I've just read the 2019 thread and the best prices on there direct were around the £650 mark in September/October.

Nobody posted at Christmas to say they got a deal. There were some in February which is when the prices dropped for me. But similar to the October price.
Yep...that's sounds about right. We have always got our best prices in summer sale not xmas.

My full dates are now in...Yey!

BA search from Fri 24th July to Weds 12th Aug (I search for 4 adults to testing).

Direct
LGW-TPA
Economy Standard with checked luggage
With Ford Edge

£828 per adult (£676 without the car)

This is interesting because when I ran my search last week the flights were the same price (used Weds 5th Aug inbound) but the car was a LOT cheaper...nearly free. It was £687 per adult for the flights and car (again £676 without the car).

Last week the car was costing £43 this week £611! I have been underestimating the car price increase in the last week.

So, sale price does need to come in with a free car and a small drop in ticket price to come in at £650. Gotta be achievable. In a week or so we should know the answer.

Edited at 10:45 AM.
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyYoda View Post
Yep...that's sounds about right. We have always got our best prices in summer sale not xmas.

My full dates are now in...Yey!

BA search from Fri 24th July to Weds 12th Aug.

Direct
LGW-TPA
Economy Standard with checked luggage
With Ford Edge

£828 per adult (£676 without the car)

This is interesting because when I ran my search last week the flights were the same price (used Weds 5th Aug inbound) but the car was a LOT cheaper...nearly free. It was £687 per adult for the flights and car (again £676 without the car).

Last week the car was costing £43 this week £611! I have been underestimating the car price increase in the last week.

So, sale price does need to come in with a free car and a small drop in ticket price to come in at £650. Gotta be achievable. In a week or so we should know the answer.
This car hire increase is worrying.

If it's still expensive then it's a gamble between taking the price from BA now or hoping for a cheaper price elsewhere after booking.

Annoying as fly drives have always been a good deal for us.