Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Aug 19, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Joeyt182
VIP Dibber

Joeyt182's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by missmouse View Post
BA just told me they sent wrong emails to those on flight BA2037 and this flight is still going ahead on the 8th
If this is true then - it's a massive mistake by BA. Especially as people can not get through on the phone.
Old 24 Aug 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Astrid
Imagineer

Astrid's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
According to Twitter incorrect emails have also gone out for flights on the 11th being cancelled, passengers have finally managed to get through and told their flights are still happening.

October '89 - Quality Inn; March '99 & March '01 - Comfort Inn LBV; March '02 - ASMu; May '03 - Royal Plaza, Hard Rock & Polynesian;
December '03 - Grand Marriot, Hard Rock & Dolphin; May '04 - Dolphin & WDW Yacht Club
October '05 - Hard Rock & Villa; May/June '07 - Villa & RPH; Feb '09 - Villa; Oct/Nov '13 - Villa
April '18 - Hard Rock; Sept ‘19 - Villa
Astrid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
missmouse
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Astrid View Post
According to Twitter incorrect emails have also gone out for flights on the 11th being cancelled, passengers have finally managed to get through and told their flights are still happening.
I hope so
I-Drive 2001, I-Drive & Clearwater 2003, I-Drive 2004, I-Drive 2006, ASMO Chrimbo 2006, Vista Cay 2008, POR Aug 2010 DLP Aug 2012 Rosen Plaza IDrive 2013, Sandpearl Clearwater Beach, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld 2015, I-Drive 2016
missmouse is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Astrid
Imagineer

Astrid's Reviews
Just seen on Twitter:

"British Airways just confirmed to me that emails sent cancelling flights on 8th, 11th and 12th were sent in error"

October '89 - Quality Inn; March '99 & March '01 - Comfort Inn LBV; March '02 - ASMu; May '03 - Royal Plaza, Hard Rock & Polynesian;
December '03 - Grand Marriot, Hard Rock & Dolphin; May '04 - Dolphin & WDW Yacht Club
October '05 - Hard Rock & Villa; May/June '07 - Villa & RPH; Feb '09 - Villa; Oct/Nov '13 - Villa
April '18 - Hard Rock; Sept ‘19 - Villa
Astrid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Like others my flight on the 12th is in red (my return is showing as black), I haven't received any emails so I'm going to hang fire and keep my fingers crossed that my flight out is ok.

By my reasoning (rightly or wrongly) they are highlighting in red the flights on that date in the hope that people will cancel their flights and then that will give them the option to put people booked on for strike days on to those dates. But, hey, who knows!

I just wonder what will happen if they reach an agreement or the pilots call off their flights.
Twitter told me mines in red because it would be CX at some point

Just did a dummy booking for my flights on the 12th to 23rd and I could still book on.

I noticed that BA were offering flights through Aer Lingus on the 9th and 10th to Orlando (albeit with a change).

Obviously I didn't go further down the booking route so the whole system could have changed if I'd have got to the end.
Originally Posted by missmouse View Post
Just spoken to BA, there has been a mistake of them sending cancellation emails to those flying on BA2037 on the 8th and this flight is still going ahead.
≈≈≈≈ up on brewery comes to mind
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
BA told me my flight on 12th would be disrupted or CX. So I too the decision to rebook for 14th.

Original cost €173.75 return. There was only one flight that day

Now

Two flight that day. Costs one way €450

Profiteering comes to mind

I am now trying to get an answer from BA as to why I was given the option IF they’re now supplying extra flights on a non flight day
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
hollijain
Trying for More Ears

≈≈≈≈ up on brewery comes to mind
That's putting it politely!
hollijain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Bubba31
Dibbing with Tink

Could BA pilots strike in October?

If no resolution is found is it possible strikes may continue into October (9th in particular). Feel so sorry for everyone affected so far.

Edited at 11:45 AM.
Bubba31 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Thanks Tinkerbell, good to know. Though shocking it’s done with so little notice.

I hadn’t even been following this as I had thought it would be resolved by now. Feel so bad for all those affected and will keep an eye on my flights nearer the time.

I hope all of those flying soon get sorted.
They obviously do not want to cancel flights too early incase the dispute gets settled, but they will be forced to cancal at 14 days to stop BA being liable for EU261 (And I'm sure this is the only reason they are cancelling them so early). That's why the 27th flights will not be cancelled until nearer 14 days from the flight.

Flight before and after can get disrupted because of planes being in the wrong position. I'm on a day before, so might be impacted, but am hopefull it will just be a very busy flight.

At the moment for Florida routes BA seem to have cancelled the 2 days only on 9th/10th (so must be assuming the pilots will fly home on the day before, which would arrive strike day).

They have also stopped selling flights on the days and the day before and after (8,11). Likewise for 26 27 28. These days before and after are not full flights and hopefully these will be used by BA to put cancelled people on.

This is not a nice time for those impacted and lets hope they get alternatives quickly.

One interesting point is that BA holidays (those who booked fly-drive or added hotel) can move the holiday forward or backwards up until a year and BA will cover any price difference (so it would be possible to move a cheap fly-drive to expensive school holiday time at no cost - You never know, might help someone)
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
carolynne67
Apprentice Imagineer

Does anybody have the contact number for BA holidays as we have booked a flydrive, all I can find is the number for flight only.
Thanks
Carolynne