Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Mar 19, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Minimanam
Apprentice Imagineer

Minimanam's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Personalised Touring Plans? - Do They Work?

We have never used the Touring Plans before, but after hearing so much about them, I started looking into them and have been very intrigued and confused

I have done a plan for the 16th July this year, and while including breakfast at CRT and a snack for lunch it still has it possible to fit in the following rides:

It's a small world
Meeting both sets of characters at the circus tent
Dumbo
Barnstormer
Winnie the Pooh
Laugh Floor
Space Ranger Spin
A visit to BBB
Peter Pan's Flight
PhillarMagic
Regal Carousel
Meet Minnie and Micky at Town Square

All this between arriving at 9 and leaving at 5

Do you wonderful people think this is possible?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts

Port Orleans Riverside

Art of Animation Suite

2016 - Art of Animation Suite

2019 - Beach Club Resort

Minimanam is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
tonymc
Imagineer

tonymc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
We have used them a couple of times now, and found they work very well for us, especially as we tend to choose the least busy days to visit the parks.

On our last visit in August 2016, this is one of the days we planned in MK, coincidentally also roughly 09:00-17:00, which we followed and managed to get all rides done:

08:45 entered MK
Space Mountain
Buzz Lightyear
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
Seven Dwarves Mine Train (FP)
Crystal Palace Lunch
Splash Mountain (FP)
Parade
Mickey’s Philharmagic
Small World... help!
Space Mountain (FP)
17:00 Returned to hotel than back later on for Parade and Fireworks

Although not the same itinerary as yourselves, it showed that the plan was feasible, as indeed most of the other days/parks were.

When planning, I did a plan initially with no FPs, then looked at the rides that had the longest wait times and arranged FPs for theses, which cut down significantly on waiting time.
2024 The Retirement Roadshow – Part 2:Alaska, 2023 4th Time lucky - Aus & NZ, 2022 Cruising and Tuscany, 2020 A second unexpected staycation - Budapest to West Wales!, 2019 It’s Disney... but not as we know it!,2017 CA Possibly, Maybe, Definitely..,2016 Economy and a Studio Just Isn't Good Enough!

Edited at 10:55 PM.
tonymc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
BigPetesWife
Imagineer

I think it's feasible. The queues for the attractions that you have in Fantasyland first thing in the morning will be minimal, so you should get them done quite quickly.

I have used touring plans a few times. Tend to follow it in the morning and take things as they come in the afternoon. Gets lots done whilst also allowing for flexibility and spontaneity. I also set the walking speed to slowest and sometimes throw in extra attractions if we have time.
BigPetesWife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Depending on your time at CRT and assuming you are using at least 3 fastpasses I’d say that’s more than possible.
Old 23 Mar 19, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Minimanam
Apprentice Imagineer

Minimanam's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Depending on your time at CRT and assuming you are using at least 3 fastpasses I’d say that’s more than possible.
CRT is at 9:20 and then it recommends FP for Buzz, Rapunzel and Peter Pan, so that is what I have allowed for

Port Orleans Riverside

Art of Animation Suite

2016 - Art of Animation Suite

2019 - Beach Club Resort

Minimanam is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by Minimanam View Post
CRT is at 9:20 and then it recommends FP for Buzz, Rapunzel and Peter Pan, so that is what I have allowed for
If the park opens at 9 get there early. If they let you through before rope drop you could fit in a close by ride before your breakfast. Even if they don’t and you are near the front you could do it.
Old 23 Mar 19, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Applejak
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

We used them last trip and while they are incredibly accurate and useful they made us feel a bit like we were on a strict schedule that was a bit more work then holiday. You can update them as the day progresses if you miss something or want to take a detour. I think they are fantastic if you dont have a lot of time but we usually go for 2 weeks so dont need to rush around quite so much. That being said we found them really useful to update at say 4 in the afternoon to check what we could fit in over a couple of hours before dinner in the most efficient way.

I think Im rambling! But great for short bursts. Quite hard work to stuck to a schedule for a whole day. Maybe theres a better way of creating a schedule by adding more short breaks throughout the day to account for little detours.
Applejak is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

I used them for every park day last year. They are very good but we didn’t really stick to the plan.
I like to use them as a rough guide of what attractions to do that day and what order/way to get there.
I found even with the relaxed walking pace etc it still took longer to get between the rides.
However we have two kids so stop to look at things etc.
I think it’s a bit to regimented to follow it exactly.
You can add in as many breaks and stops as you want though.
Would definitely use again, I actually feel a bit “lost” this year not using it as just doing universal.
Might have to sign up again for the universal bit, although we will have express pass so don’t think it’s needed really 😀
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List