Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Jul 19, 01:21 AM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

I spent many years worrying after booking BA. They always seem to have strikes when we had planned to go away.
We simply wont use BA any more. Way too much stress over and over.
We made this decision many years ago but broke our rule in 2017. Guess what - threatened strike action over out outbound dates.
Again we have promised never to use them again.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Rich accountant
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Originally Posted by mickee View Post
I'm the 12th too lgw to tpa and just hoping for the best x
Were the same! Fingers crossed!
Rich accountant is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
howerd
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by syber32 View Post
We fly on 10th August to Fort Lauderdale, I'm just trying not to think too much about it, carry on as normal until we hear otherwise. We have a cruise on the 16th so I'm glad we have spare days to get there if there are issues.
We are on this flight as well! Like you - trying not to think about it too much until we know more but it is putting a dampener on the excitement...
howerd is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
mouskevik
Imagineer

I'm due to fly on the 9th. They keep saying the 5th is the earliest they will strike so I am hoping it will rumble for another week or so before they actually do strike. I just want to get out there!
Sandy Ridge/Miami/HRH - Aug 2019
mouskevik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
johnny1352
Imagineer

johnny1352's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Ryles View Post
We fly on the 12th into Miami! I’m following you, until I know otherwise we are going! I can’t even begin to think we won’t go 😢
W are also flying out to Miami on the 12 th. Newcastle to Heathrow and then into Miami

I hope they don’t cancel our first flight down to Heathrow or it will be our first big holiday without the kids ruined
Old 20 Jul 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
kipperphill
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
I spent many years worrying after booking BA. They always seem to have strikes when we had planned to go away.
We simply wont use BA any more. Way too much stress over and over.
We made this decision many years ago but broke our rule in 2017. Guess what - threatened strike action over out outbound dates.
Again we have promised never to use them again.
I suppose you get the benefits of a large fleet with good reliability but the negative of a militant union!

I don't mind people striking over safety but when it's pay I just think find another job if you don't like it. Like most of us! But appreciate other opinions are available!
kipperphill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

What happens if the outbound flight is OK but my homeward flight is cancelled?

Would I know before I left home and if I did would it then be up to me to get myself home at my own expense if I decided to go ahead with the first flight?
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
syber32
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by howerd View Post
We are on this flight as well! Like you - trying not to think about it too much until we know more but it is putting a dampener on the excitement...
Hopefully see you on the plane
syber32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We fly Aug 31st - first time with BA after years of flying VA! Hoping it's all settled by then as they'll have had nearly 4 weeks to sort it out.

edit - we fly Sept 1st, we only go to the airport Aug 31st
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 05:21 PM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney20152
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We fly on 10th and I am so stressed about it all. We have been booked for a year . It’s horrible not knowing if we are going to go or not. If they announce they are striking on Monday will all flights on the effected days be cancelled or will they run a reduced service ? If they are going to cancel our flights how quickly will we find out ? I would prefer a refund and to try and book flights with an alternative airline at this point however I fear that they may not notify us of cancellation untill it is too late to rebook x
Disney20152 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List