Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Jul 19, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Disney20152 View Post
We fly on 10th and I am so stressed about it all. We have been booked for a year . It’s horrible not knowing if we are going to go or not. If they announce they are striking on Monday will all flights on the effected days be cancelled or will they run a reduced service ? If they are going to cancel our flights how quickly will we find out ? I would prefer a refund and to try and book flights with an alternative airline at this point however I fear that they may not notify us of cancellation untill it is too late to rebook x
I've just been looking online and found this info. money/guides/what-...ike-action.htm
We go on a cruise the day after - so can't even change the days a bit.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 06:37 PM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
johnny1352
Imagineer

johnny1352's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Disney20152 View Post
We fly on 10th and I am so stressed about it all. We have been booked for a year . It’s horrible not knowing if we are going to go or not. If they announce they are striking on Monday will all flights on the effected days be cancelled or will they run a reduced service ? If they are going to cancel our flights how quickly will we find out ? I would prefer a refund and to try and book flights with an alternative airline at this point however I fear that they may not notify us of cancellation untill it is too late to rebook x
That is exactly what we are thinking. If you turn up On the day and the Newcastle to Heathrow flight is cancelled then you miss your holiday. 11% over three years is a good pay rise and they should be grateful they are not in public sector
Old 20 Jul 19, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Libby View Post
What happens if the outbound flight is OK but my homeward flight is cancelled?

Would I know before I left home and if I did would it then be up to me to get myself home at my own expense if I decided to go ahead with the first flight?
Neither , flights won't be cancelled til the last moment as inevitably not all union members will strike and cancelled flights will be protected by moving passengers to other airlines where possible so you are not going to get stranded butlikely delayed or flying home indirect at worse.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney20152
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Great that’s very useful. What I’m worried about is how quickly ba will notify me that my flight is affected as I’m guessing that even if strike action is agreed on Monday and dates proposed BA will try and negotiate etc to stop the strike and therefore delays them informing us if our flights are affected. We are flying Newcaste - Heathrow - Miami. I feel very much at the minute like there is nothing I can do but wait and see. I feel as though I can’t look forward to our holiday at all as I’m not even sure if we will get there x
Disney20152 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
I've just been looking online and found this info. money/guides/what-...ike-action.htm
We go on a cruise the day after - so can't even change the days a bit.
We too are cruising and although we fly a month later I'm aware that with negotiations delaying the strike start date we could still be affected. We do have 2 days in Miami to play with before the cruise so my attitude is we may lose our Miami plans and end up flying indirect at worst but should still make it.
Thankfully we are flying home with AA so "only" have the UNISON strike threat to worry about at Heathrow (and if we get stuck in Florida it's not such a disaster anyway )
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by duchy View Post
We too are cruising and although we fly a month later I'm aware that with negotiations delaying the strike start date we could still be affected. We do have 2 days in Miami to play with before the cruise so my attitude is we may lose our Miami plans and end up flying indirect at worst but should still make it.
Thankfully we are flying home with AA so "only" have the UNISON strike threat to worry about at Heathrow (and if we get stuck in Florida it's not such a disaster anyway )
Every year something turns up to 'worry' about in the holiday run up and BA is this years! We only have 1 night pre cruise then onto the BC post cruise - I don't mind getting stuck there but I would like to actually arrive on time
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
howerd
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by syber32 View Post
Hopefully see you on the plane
I really hope so !
howerd is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
mouskevik
Imagineer

Useful info here:

independent/travel...-a9015001.html

Encouraged by this bit:

Routes such as Heathrow-Miami could be particularly prioritised because of the large number of passengers using the link in connection with cruises.

I hope so as I am flying to Miami!
Sandy Ridge/Miami/HRH - Aug 2019
mouskevik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Lemmonie
Excited about Disney

10 mins before ballot closes! We should know early afternoon although BA are taking BALPA to court tomorrow morning (assuming the vote is to strike) to get the vote overturned due to a legal technicality
Lemmonie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 19, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney20152
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by mouskevik View Post
Useful info here:

independent/travel...-a9015001.html

Encouraged by this bit:

Routes such as Heathrow-Miami could be particularly prioritised because of the large number of passengers using the link in connection with cruises.

I hope so as I am flying to Miami!
We are also flying Heathrow to Miami albeit starting at Newcastle. However , if given enough notice we could easily make alternative arrangements to get to Heathrow. This is so stressful ! X
Disney20152 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List