VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Dutchdisneyfan View Post
Have a lovely time!
Thank you, I'm sure we will

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
What will we be eating?

I’ve tried to include some of our favourites from previous trips, but also restaurants that will be new to us.

Character meals

There are four of these in the plan.

Garden Grill breakfast – we love Garden Grill, but we’ve never had breakfast there. This is our one and only breakfast ADR. I am so looking forward to that skillet! Of course, we want to meet Mickey (Tusker is a brilliant restaurant, we’ve done breakfast and dinner there, but not this trip ).

Crystal Palace – Kate has to meet Piglet…and this is the only place, we like the dinner buffet especially the carvery.

Cinderella’s Royal Table – one of Mum’s requests was to eat inside the castle. We haven’t been here for few years so that will be a nice return for us.

Storybook Dining – this is our final character meal and a new choice for us as this opened after our trip in 2018. I’m looking forward to meeting the dwarfs!

1 credit meals

Tony’s Town Square parade package – new to all of us. I’m hoping this will be a good meal as it’s our first day in MK. In the past it hasn’t had good reviews, but a few food reports have said that it’s better now and so I thought we would give it a try.

Biergarten – again a new one for us. Again one I have had ADRs for in the past, last time this ended up being ditched for ‘Ohana. But not this time.

Chef’s de France – this is also new to us. I’d seen this a few times in other food reports and the food looks really tasty, this will be our last ADR at WDW so we can wave farewell to Illuminations .

Beaches and Cream – purely for the Kitchen Sink. It defeated us last year, but I’m hopeful with the additional help we will make it to the bottom of the sink. For anyone who is managing to keep track of the credits situation. This will be OOP.

Signature meals

I decided that having a few more signatures (2 credit meals) would be a good idea as there would be a few days off from having ADRs which would give us a bit more flexibility. So we have four 2 credit meals, CRT mentioned above and

Hoop Dee Doo Revue – a new one for us and this looks like it is so much fun.

Narcoossee’s – another new one for us. I had a reservation for this last year but cancelled it a couple of days before we went in place of Skippers Canteen which was great but I'm not cancelling this trip In fact I’ve pretty much made up my mind I’m going to order the Surf and Turf. Sirloin steak and lobster tail

California Grill – we’ve done the brunch and we really loved it. We haven’t had dinner here though so this will be a first for us.

Quick service and snacks

There are so many that I want to go back to and new ones I want to try out.

I really liked the chilli cheese waffle fries and these are a must.

The cinnamon bun from Gaston's tavern is a brilliant breakfast option, as is the Cheshire Cat's Tail.

And well, chocolate covered anything is always good

Max's Favourites

Max has picked the ice cream from Crystal Palace as a favourite, actually all the ice creams.

Breakfast at BOG is going to be repeated on our first day. The kids are hoping to trick Grandad into eating the 'chocolate' muffin

They both are looking forward to healthy breakfasts

Max has 3 main food groups, nuggets, pizza and ice cream. He tends to avoid a burger as they have bits in (salad!).

Max is also pretty partial to the chocolate milk.

Kate's favourites

Kate is more adventurous with her choices. She liked the sushi and is very keen to have this again.

Her favourite savoury snack is a Mickey Pretzel with Cheese and her favourite sweet snack is an ice cream sandwich.

She also really likes the nachos.

Her favourite meal was the pulled pork sandwich at House of Blues and I've found out they serve this at the QS outside it.

She loved the popcorn she got from Karamel Kuche as that lasted for days.

She is also keen to try the cake pops again.

Dave wasn’t really engaging in the discussion and didn’t want to commit himself, but I think that’s because he can’t really remember the food too well and the holiday is still a bit too far off to be talking about.

More of Max's buffet plates

When the kids were looking through all the photos from last year to remember what their favourites were Max spotted some more of his buffet plates. I had told him you were all looking forward to his buffet plates so now he feels like a celebrity These are from California Grill Brunch! Seriously, he had 2 chocolate croissants, an orange, a bread stick and a piece of a crisp. I dread to think what the individual cost of each item. If we had paid for that in cash I'd have been

Right that's it for today's installment. 3 days to go.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Great update - the excitement is brewing! 😄
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Dave wasn’t really engaging in the discussion and didn’t want to commit himself, but I think that’s because he can’t really remember the food too well and the holiday is still a bit too far off to be talking about.

It all sounds fabulous, with a good mix of old favourites and new places to try. Glad Max is enjoying his celebrity status, his buffet plates are legendary after all

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Great update - the excitement is brewing! 😄
Indeed

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post

It all sounds fabulous, with a good mix of old favourites and new places to try. Glad Max is enjoying his celebrity status, his buffet plates are legendary after all
He was quite full of himself I think he was a bit proud really

Dave has far more knowledge about this year's holiday than ever before and I think he finds it unnerving he much prefers to find out at dinner the day before what the itinerary is for the next day .

Old 26 Jul 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Great updates,

Saying goodbye to illuminations was emotional and expensive. I bought the decoration and the pin, then the ears and then dh bought the t-shirt!

Can't believe we have never had an ice cream sandwich!
Old 26 Jul 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Great updates,

Saying goodbye to illuminations was emotional and expensive. I bought the decoration and the pin, then the ears and then dh bought the t-shirt!

Can't believe we have never had an ice cream sandwich!
Shocked is an understatement. NEVER HAD AN ICE CREAM SANDWICH! well that's a reason to return if ever I heard one xx

Old 26 Jul 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Belle88
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Looking forward to following this! We get to POFQ in two weeks time 😊
Belle88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Done! I’m looking forward to all the cookie updates, who am I kidding it’s not one of your food reports if it doesn’t contain a cocktail or three! Hope you all have a fantastic time, can’t wait to find out how everyone gets on with all the snacks and meals you have planned. Happy Holidays😊
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 05:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Belle88 View Post
Looking forward to following this! We get to POFQ in two weeks time 😊
make sure you say hi if you spot me. I hope you have a brilliant time on your trip.

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Done! I’m looking forward to all the cookie updates, who am I kidding it’s not one of your food reports if it doesn’t contain a cocktail or three! Hope you all have a fantastic time, can’t wait to find out how everyone gets on with all the snacks and meals you have planned. Happy Holidays😊
I'll have enough cocktails for the both of us don't you worry.

Today's the day, you're off to Florida woo hoo! Safe travels xx