Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Jul 19, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
rachelh
Trying for More Ears

Virgin premium

Is it worth upgrading to premium on a Virgin flight?
rachelh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
boomie
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

A very personal question as everybody’s circumstances are different. However, for us we always fly PE. The service is better, more spacious cabin and bigger seat.
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge - Dec 2017
Disney Dream Cruise & Disney's Boardwalk 2018
boomie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
KeithOP
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by rachelh View Post
Is it worth upgrading to premium on a Virgin flight?
its something only you can really answer :/ which I know is hard if you haven't tried it before.

Economy will get you there the exact same time as premium/upper

You get some more space in premium, slightly better meal experience, quieter cabin and you can get off/on slightly earlier... but once you're in Orlando, it doesn't matter how you got there ;-)

I always book premium or upper because the cash is there and I appreciate the slightly quieter cabin and space BUT I wouldn't necessarily sacrifice anything to do it.

In other words, if it's premium for a treat and we'll still be able to eat at all the places we want to eat and go all the place we want to go, then heck yeah

If it's a case of what you give up to do it, then I wouldn't bother!

Best thing to do is look at some videos on youtube and reports on here so you can see if the extras are worth it.

good luck!
KeithOP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
tapley
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by boomie View Post
A very personal question as everybody’s circumstances are different. However, for us we always fly PE. The service is better, more spacious cabin and bigger seat.
I agree if the cost fits your budget it is always worth it
tapley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
We have done it twice using miles, the 1st time we loved it and said we wished we could afford it without using miles , the second time the novelty factor had gone but it was still good.

Value wise if I had to pay, I would rather just use the bubble
But definitely a very personnel oppinion
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
geniefan
Excited about Disney

Its a personal opinion as always. I always fly PE Virgin. However, as everywhere, "money doesn't buy manners"... I had a truly awful woman in front of me on PE. Seat was back fully for the whole 9 hours. She kept slamming herself back into the seat causing it to slam into my knees (I'm very tall). Then she had the cheek to sit forward for a few hours while doing her puzzle book on her tray. I asked politely if she wasn't sitting backwards, could she maybe un-recline until she's ready to sit back again, I was told "no". She then continued to slam herself backwards into my knees.

I didnt speak to crew about it because I didnt want a scene, I just wanted to get off.

So bare it in mind, rough and rude still use PE :-) lol

x