Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 3 Aug 19, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDawns
Gone all Goofy

Mobile Disney with toddlers!

Hi!
We’ve finally booked our Disney holiday! So excited. Staying onsite and only doing Disney. We have two boys who will be nearly 2 and nearly 4. Any tips or advice for Disney with young children?
DisneyDawns is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Grimbjb
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We leave in 2 weeks, taking a 2yr old. I took one of my older ones when they were 2 too.
I’d say take plenty of snacks that they like and a thin towel (doubles up as a blanket if you need it I’m the evening as well as dry them off from rides/rain) and just go with the flow, don’t have set itineraries that must be met, it will end up in a melt down (probably yours if you are like me) and enjoy xx
Grimbjb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Also spend some downtime in the pool in the evenings, lots of happy memories when ours were little in their rubber rings
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

This will be amazingly magical! At that age everything is real and their little faces will be priceless.
My biggest advice is to take it slow! Don’t try to fit too much in. Enjoy everything, make the most of the splash areas (mine loved the one near barnstormer last year).
We don’t do late nights, it’s just not worth how tired the kids are the day after but if you do plan to do fireworks etc plan for a lazy morning the day after.
I still love Disney but my founders memories are from when my children where young, so magical !
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

We waited to our daughter was 4 before we went again. As your staying onsite measure both your kids around 10 days before the FP window opens so u can plan your day around rides you can all enjoy together and rides your 4 year old can enjoy. Also use the ride swap so both of u can enjoy the ride with your oldest. Another good tip try to get your fast passes for before lunch so you can go back to your resort or to a water park.
As a family the latest we got back to room was 10 after the Epcot fireworks.

Edited at 08:13 PM.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDawns
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Thank you all! The last time we went was 5 years ago and it was just the two of us. I planned it to perfection so I think it’ll be nice to just go with the flow a bit more this time!
DisneyDawns is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

All three of our boys have been at similar ages to both of yours (our youngest will have his second trip this month at 3.5)

I would take lots of snacks, plan for making the most of the mornings and having a break in the afternoon

I would also have two pushchairs or a double, even if your eldest wouldn’t go near one at home it is a lot of walking for younger ones and if nothing else you can use it to store bags on!

Every park has a babycare centre with lots of changing tables and some nice quiet air conditioned space

If you are doing character meals i would not do them in the first couple of days to get them used to the characters
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Starky
Dancing with Tink'

In 2015 I had my wee girl who just turned two and boy who was six and had just 6 months ago completed his 3&1/2 year treatment for leukaemia. We just went for it, had the time of our life and pretty much a park or some other amazing thing each and every day.
Life is for living, sleep when you get home or in the kids case have a nap in the pram!
Back in 6 weeks time and I’m scared to put my itinerary on here as we are going for it to the extreme.
Starky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List