Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Aug 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile Tesco

Has anyone noticed over the past few months that Tesco fruit and veg are not great to say the least. The amount I've had to bin is sad.

I made stew tonight for supper and dd wanted broccoli with it. I had to bin a whole broccoli becouse it was yucky and mushy. It was still in date and I only bought it on Tuesday.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I would have taken it back, throwing it away is enabling them!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I have 4 local shops - all small as live right bang in centre of London . I avoid Coop and Sainsbury for fruit and veg but my local Waitrose (best) and Tesco (reasonable ) are ok

There is a UK issue with broccoli and other brassicas at the moment so I am avoiding them - waterlogged so won’t be great anywhere but no excuse to sell them really - if they are not A class then ready for compost
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I would have taken it back, throwing it away is enabling them!
Your so right Sue but my nearest Tesco is 60 odd miles away. It's happening all the time with me. The money we are wasting is all adding up. I buy lots of fruit n veg becouse we use a lot its sad to see it going in the bin.

I did try to grow my own this year but it was an epic fail 😢 never mind will try again next year 😊
Old 16 Aug 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I have 4 local shops - all small as live right bang in centre of London . I avoid Coop and Sainsbury for fruit and veg but my local Waitrose (best) and Tesco (reasonable ) are ok

There is a UK issue with broccoli and other brassicas at the moment so I am avoiding them - waterlogged so won’t be great anywhere but no excuse to sell them really - if they are not A class then ready for compost
We have a co op over ten miles away its our nearest shop. The fruit and veg isn't great from there either. Thanks for letting me know about the broccoli etc I didn't know there was a problem.
Old 16 Aug 19, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Yes

Fruit, particularly tangerines and clementines are c£&p, many a rank fruit in the net when we get home... we have stopped buying peaches and nectarines as they all ripen with mould after a day or so.

Useless Tesco

Disney332
Old 16 Aug 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYLIZ
Imagineer

I have Tesco food delivered and have had loads of problems, grapes being mouldy, cucumbers rotten, I have given up with their carrots. All these items are like this when they are being delivered. Also, a lot of items have very short dates.

I now check everything whilst its being delivered.

Had a bottle of port delivered - complete with its security tag.

Their customer service is also getting worst.
DISNEYLIZ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
Yes

Fruit, particularly tangerines and clementines are c£&p, many a rank fruit in the net when we get home... we have stopped buying peaches and nectarines as they all ripen with mould after a day or so.

Useless Tesco

Disney332
That's the exact same as us 😢
Old 16 Aug 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DISNEYLIZ View Post
I have Tesco food delivered and have had loads of problems, grapes being mouldy, cucumbers rotten, I have given up with their carrots. All these items are like this when they are being delivered. Also, a lot of items have very short dates.

I now check everything whilst its being delivered.

Had a bottle of port delivered - complete with its security tag.

Their customer service is also getting worst.
Sorry to read your in the same boat as us. Maybe Tesco have changed supplier?
Old 16 Aug 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

I now buy most of our fruit and veg from a local community shop which sells them from the local allotments and a few small farms in the area only open a few months ago but converted. The fruit and veg taste so much better than anything from the supermarkets, have started to go to a local butcher for meat now as well have to say its cost a little more but on taste alone worth it I usually go to the community shop twice a week now and the butcher once a week.

Edited at 08:25 PM.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List