Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12 Jun 18, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
EvilQueen1937
Proud to wear my Ears

Cast Member Charlotte (Disney's CEP 2018!) 4 Days To Go!

It's now only four more sleeps until I fly out to Florida! I've been reflecting on my previous trips to WDW and what made them so magical, as well as my journey as a cast member up to now!

The first picture is of myself age 2 back in 1999, the first time I met Mickey. If I could go back and revisit any moment in my life, it would be this one. I don't have any actual memory of the event, but I have photos. Despite missing the actual moment when I threw myself at Mickey (I was too quick!) my dad managed to capture an adorable video of me giggling away in pure delight sat on his lap. The photograph I have included here captures perfectly the look of absolute enchantment on my two year old face, and for me, symbolises the start of a lifelong love of Disney.

I went again in 2002 when my brother was just a baby, but for some reason I don't have any photos! The other pictures here are from 2004, 2006, 2012 and 2016 - so you can literally see me grow up through my love of Disney!

Our 2006 trip always stands out in my mind (bottom left) as I remember my parents telling me we were going to WDW and would be back just in time for my 9th birthday! I was so upset that I wouldn't have my birthday in Disney that they extended the holiday for a few days. When I was mooching round the DIBB the other day I spotted a post by my dad from that same year asking for ideas for what to do for a 9 year olds birthday in Disney. We ended up going to Chef Mickey's for a character breakfast and it was the best birthday ever! We also went to MNSSHP on actual Halloween, which is another favourite memory of mine! During the day, Mickey filled our bags with sweets and candy, then took our hats off us and filled them too! We were eating them for months afterwards...

2012 was also a good holiday (middle bottom), probably my favourite WDW visit of all. We went with my godparents and their son, and the trip was a giggle from start to finish. Best. Holiday. Ever.

The 2016 trip (bottom right) also means a lot to me. It was January that year and I was going through a tough time. My dad picked me up from work one day, casually mentioning that my mum had been looking at WDW prices. I got home and within a couple of hours we had it booked for June the very same year! It was as if all my problems just evaporated and I was suddenly walking on air! I left college, sat my A-Levels and we jetted off to Florida the very next day.

I think this little collage pretty much shows that Disney has meant a lot to me all my life. I'm now 20 and have just finished second year at university. I found out about the Cultural Exchange Program through the people in my uni's Disney Society, and after watching them have the time of their lives last year, I decided to apply. I knew how competitive it is, but as Uncle Walt famously said, all your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. It was a difficult application process with lots of travelling and nerve wracking interviews, but I will never forget the moment that I found out I'd made it.

I was sat in the university library working on an essay and my phone buzzed with an email. Rolling my eyes thinking it was more spam, I opened it up to see the words "Congratulations", and I froze, my hand flying to my mouth. I burst into tears and the guy sat opposite me asked if I was ok. Sobbing, I tried to explain that I was fine, I was just unbelievably happy. I showed him the email and he ordered me to get out of the library and ring my family right that minute!

I paced up and down outside crying my eyes out and rang my dad. He was on his way home from work and couldn't hear what I was saying through my tears. He thought I hadn't got in at first, but when he figured out I had, he let out the biggest cheer I'd ever heard and almost burst my ear drum!

After all the happy memories I have with Disney, I'm lucky to be given a chance to give something back to the company. I can't wait to be a part of someone else's magical memories. I think of all the cast members who have stuck out to me over the years and I wonder how many people will remember me. I am so unbelievably grateful to Disney for the opportunity, and to my family for bringing me up to love Disney as I do! It's going to be the best summer of my life and I'm never going to forget it.

UPDATE - Exciting news!

A couple of hours ago I received my itinerary from Disney, so I can now officially announce that I will be working in the Emporium on Main Street! It's the jackpot of all Disney locations and I am so lucky to be placed here in the centre of all the action!

Remember, you're the one who can fill the world with sunshine!
EvilQueen1937 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List