Notices

Old 16 Oct 18, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
clubhouse
Very Serious Dibber

October 18 Its Meant To Be A Cheapie - Day 2

Our day began at dark o clock again. We were up dressed and in the move by 7am, those with bambino's will appreciate this is quite an achievement. It helped that the bus stop was right outside our building. Abbie has some extremely healthy and luminous koolaid in her water today. We had cereal bars before we left the room so that we are not chewing the arms off goblins when we get to Gringotts.

The bus was surprisingly busy, but we got a seat.

Before long we got to parking garage and bag check, I did have a photo of it nice and quiet but it's all steamed up so you'll just have to take my word for it... it was quiet ... we didn't have to wait!

Once in we made it over to Universal as they had early entry. We though this meant the whole park and were surprised nothing seemed to be running. The kids went to ask the attendant at Jimmy Fallon what was going on?

Smart DIBBers will know that it's only the Harry Potter area that's open at this time, d'oh!

Gringotts was a 20 minute wait so we decided to make the most of it being quiet and the kids ran riot doing spells instead of waiting.

Here's Abbie teaching a troll to floss.

Shame the sun is right behind the dragon here, never mind.

I've never seen Diagon Alley this quiet.

We got maps for the scavenger hunt on Twitter, but I don't know if I'm too old or if I just could get the tech to work but it seemed like it was just a quest to get you to buy stuff and advertise the fact so we gave up... but i caveat that with I might have totally balls up the tech, I'm not great on twitter and really only have it to see what crazy stuff “The Donald” is coming out with and see the great pics that Wizzo posts of St Petes and his lovely wee doggies.

We got some great pics of the kids in Hagrids bike, we would never even try this normally as it's crawling with people.

Spells cast, we decided to move on as it was getting busier by the minute. On the way the kids stopped to have a blather with Stan from the Knight Bus.

We walked round the park enjoying the sunshine and stopped off at a certain famous shark. Our kids have only got familiar with Jaws this year. Abbie was terrified of “the Heid”... I think if we are honest, that is true of most of us, well at least those of us of a certain age!

Look at the blue sky... beautiful! It's only 8.30am! Next we headed over to Jimmy Fallons Race Through New York. For some reason the kids love this but it made Scott and I feel pretty sick last time with both of us having to close our eyes or risk barfing. I'm now wondering if we had a heavy night the night before last time as we were both ok this time.

We also fitted in a wee trip to see the Mummy before we left the park.

We decided our tummies were rumbly and we wanted to try Teak Neighbourhood Grill as recommended by Scottish Nellie. They have a Sunday brunch from 11 am so we should be in good time after heading back for the car.

After all the moaning from the kids about walking yesterday we used a DIBBer tip and jumped on the water taxi to Sapphire Falls.

When we got off we had a quick look round, it looks like a lovely resort but I couldn't pay those prices without Express Pass! We looked for a walkway to Cabana Bay... all we saw was a sign saying Do Not Cross! Scott was very naughty and made us all cross the road where we shouldn't, promise I won't do it again.

We picked up the car keys and a 10 minute drive took us to Teak. We got there dead on 11am and it was reassuring that there was already a line.

Abbie was missing Frank Dog so made up for it by petting the skeleton dogs.

Scott and Daniel had read about the secret menu so after we got ourselves seated outside, Daniel wasted no time telling our waitress the password to get the undercover menu.

Scott had a beer, the rest of us has diet cokes. I was tempted to have a real drink as they had an awesome Bloody Mary bar and $3 mimosas but that would be fair as Scott is driving and I'm not sure I'd stop at one! Abbie chose the pulled pork quesadilla then regretted it as her brothers choice seemed better when it arrived...

The Glazed Donut burger. We didn't think he would eat this and let him get it for novelty value, but he proved us wrong and hoovered up the whole thing!

I had the Philly, peppers, onions and mushrooms in a cheese sauce on a burger in a pretzel bun.

Oh and fries... it was lovely but very very messy! Scott had the Idaho.

This was an impressive looking burger. I'd ask for a description but he's currently kipped oot. Looks like avocado slaw, burger, cheese, bacon, potato chips and Teak o naise on a pretzel bun with crispy onion rings. The food and service were great here, I'd highly recommend. Thanks to Helen, Scottish Nellie for the recommendation. The bill was $66.85, we paid up and added a healthy tip and were on our way by 12.15pm.

We decided to try the outlets on our way back as we'd not been to the ones at I drive for years as we've always been closer to Vineland. I wish we hadn't bothered. We struggled to park, we didn't think anything of this though as they are charging for lots of the spaces now. I think the only way to beat it is to come first thing. Boys and girls split up and gave ourselves an hours limit. Abbie and I found the shops rammed, Adidas even had a queue outside the door, we didn't bother even looking. All the usual favourites had nothing to take our fancy, even the Disney Character Warehouse. We ended up getting a T-shirt and some socks for Abbie. Nothing else! Cheapest outlet trip ever. We met the boys, Scott got a few things from Under Armour and they agreed these shops were rubbish. We headed for the car and back to Cabana Bay.

We got changed into our pool gear and walked over to Volcano Bay. It was a 5 minute walk and we'd borrowed some pool towels from Cabana Bay. Daniel picked us some seats over by the Volcano and we were surprised how busy it still was. No photos as we didn't bring anything that might need to go in a locker. We rode the Tonga tube slide a couple of times as it was ride now, then we tried the Fearless River for times, we were loving the tidal wave which we didnt think was on in the summer. The kids and Scott went off for a few more rides including Punga Ravers which they'd Tapu tapu'd. I retreated to a sun bed and made use of the payment facility on the Tapu Tapu to have a couple of drinks. Not cheap but very nice, really sorry about not having any pics! The rain came on around 4pm and I hid under a brolly. We retreated to Cabana Bay around 4.40pm and the rain had gone off. We grabbed a couple of sun beds and rescued a couple of cold beers from the room, making the most of the last few rays. When there was no more sun to be had we went back to the room but our early start caught up with us and none of us could be bothered getting ready to go out. We looked up online delivery options then opted for the simplicity of the food court. Scott and I went to the Bayline Diner. We ended up with a couple of pizzas and some chicken tenders, at $35 it wasn't cheap but it was fairly tasty. Sorry no photos, it was all served in boxes and looked a mess. We watched a bit of Harry Potter on a tv, I did a bit of packing and before long everyone else was asleep! I wrote up my trippie and turned in around 10pm excited about moving to Hard Rock tomorrow.

clubhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 01:17 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by clubhouse - 16 Oct 18 1:17 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good day

Joan
Old 16 Oct 18, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Great day 😁 - so quiet at diagon alley.
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Teak neighbourhood grille looks 😍😍
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Shame about the shopping but the rest of the day was good. We've done Teak Neighbourhood Grill before and loved it. I'm hoping we might pay it a visit next year, and while I knew there was an secret menu I didn't know there was a password to get it, are you allowed to share?
Old 17 Oct 18, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Another great day - still haven't been to Teak, but looking at your photo's, it's definitely going on the list for next year.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 01:41 AM  
Link to this Post
clubhouse
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
Shame about the shopping but the rest of the day was good. We've done Teak Neighbourhood Grill before and loved it. I'm hoping we might pay it a visit next year, and while I knew there was an secret menu I didn't know there was a password to get it, are you allowed to share?
They change the password regularly, but if you go on their Facebook page, you’ll be able to track it down when you are planning to be there. That’s how we found it.
clubhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 01:43 AM  
Link to this Post
clubhouse
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by JanetteParker View Post
Another great day - still haven't been to Teak, but looking at your photo's, it's definitely going on the list for next year.
It’s definately worth a trip and if you are staying near Universal it’s not very far away at all - for some reason I thought it would take ages to get there.
Old 25 Oct 18, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
thewatsons
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Fabulous x
Four Corners 2014 H27
Highlands Reserve 2019 H27
thewatsons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List