Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Feb 19, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Sallyingforth
Earning More Ears

Last day

We are flying home on a 5.30pm flight.
We will be staying at the Royal pacific at Universal the night before but I think I would like to have our last day at Animal Kingdom.
I have a booked a Tusker House reservation for 11.20am, and have a couple of fast passes i'd like to get in the morning.
My friend says it is too tight for time. We have a car.
I'm thinking, leave restaurant at 12.30, back to car for 1pm, airport for 2pm, that's 3.5 hours early. What is the problem?
(She has been before and we haven't).

What do you think? Is it too difficult? What do you all do the day you fly home?
TIA!
Sally

Edited at 12:24 PM.
Sallyingforth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Wooll123
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile

We did it on our last day !
We went to universal and spent a few hours before going to the airport. Personally I wouldn’t do the meal reservation just in case ! But
Think you will be fine if everything runs to schedule.
Wooll123 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Elise79
Imagineer

What are you doing with your luggage? Id be reluctant to leave it in a car all day.

Time wise you will probably be OK. We are never out the room though before 10/10.30 by the time I have finished the packing so it would be too much of rush for me to get from Universal back to Disney.

Our last day, is breakfast and pack. Then we do head to a park usually MK for a few hours before heading back to the resort to shower and change and leave for the airport about 3.5/4 hours before the flight.

We do MK as we are in a Disney resort and there are a few things you can do without waits and in summer they have quite a few air-conditioned shows.
Elise79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Fra
Trying for More Ears

we left our luggage in our car for the day when we went to Hollywood Studios.

I really can't see anyone stealing luggage in a Disney Car Park.
Fra is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Sallyingforth
Earning More Ears

Elise, we were going to leave it in the car. Is that a total no no?
Packing I think we'd be fine for as we are having a 3 way split holiday and will only have one small case on the go at RPH.
I might be making life more complicated for us. We might be better stopping at RPH.
Sallyingforth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Moz
Imagineer

Moz's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Everytime we have done the Virgin check in at DS then into cinema at DS and lunch at DS [Usually Wolfgang Puck]... that way we are out of the sun and not sweating for the long trip home..!

This time we have BA flights so may change the last day as dont want the cases in the car all day
Moz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
guinness_79
Very Serious Dibber

We ALWAYS make the most of our last day and never bother about leaving the cases in the car; just keep valuables with us... if anyone wants to steal my dirty washing they are welcome to it!

We tend to do a waterpark so we can be showered and refreshed for the journey home and the kids are all tired out ready for a good sleep on the plane!
guinness_79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Fra View Post
we left our luggage in our car for the day when we went to Hollywood Studios.

I really can't see anyone stealing luggage in a Disney Car Park.
Just because you are in the Disney bubble please don’t think that bad things don’t happen there.

Just think how many cars you see in the lines with their boots(trunks) or tailgates open with folks taking things out of them. Were they the occupants
? Were they just putting stuff in their buggy to take to the park, or were they just trundling along to another car ( theirs) to onload their “ booty” from the first car?

Would you have recognised them as burglars?

Most likely have no problem, but the possibility is there.

Edited at 01:30 PM.
PPM is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyFromage
Very Serious Dibber

I plan to drop our luggage at DS and then hit a park. Will take spare clothes for everyone anyway just incase we get wet so not too bothered about getting sweaty

Make the most of your last day.
LadyFromage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
Just because you are in the Disney bubble please don’t think that bad things don’t happen there.

Just think how many cars you see in the lines with their boots(trunks) or tailgates open with folks taking things out of them. Were they the occupants
? Were they just putting stuff in their buggy to take to the park, or were they just trundling along to another car ( theirs) to onload their “ booty” from the first car?

Would you have recognised them as burglars?

Most likely have no problem, but the possibility is there.
What facts back up that statement? I take the opposite view. There are security patrols and cctv all over Disney. If loads of cars were being broken into on any of the Disney sites then it would be all over the Orlando Sentinel and it isn't. If I don't use the DS drop off then my cases stay in the SUV. I have spent the last day at The Disney Parks, Universal, and various Malls and Outlets and there has never been a problem.