Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Jan 19, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

Mobile Opinions and thoughts greatly appreciated

So as my plan was coming fruition...oh was agreeing to a 2nd adventure of a lifetime after the disaster of last year's trip... and I found whqt I thought was good flights April flights for 2439

Then I realised... it would be Ds sats!
😳😪 plan ruined so the search continues...

I've found same price flights £2439 Manchester to Orlando. 2a, 3teens 1c age 11.

May 28-june 11 2020

However...I think i ruined them all on their 1st trip with record breaking February temps not one drop of rain and relatively quiet.

What does everyone think of
A. prices
B. weather/crowds (we will hit end of UK half term)
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 19, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
monkfish72
Trying for More Ears

I've paid just under £1400 for the same dates this year for 5 people - but that is Manchester to Fort Lauderdale and an Atlanta transfer - the saving was worth the inconvenience for me - and when I booked in September the direct flight was definitely more than you have quoted

As for crowds I've not been so don't know other than the crowd tracking stuff online - but one thing I didn't realise when I booked was that most American schools break up for Summer at the start of June - so that is going to have more of an effect than UK half term
monkfish72 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

Mobile

Ooo never thought of that!🤔 my kids can't face heat in summer hols so quite restricted and dobt want to take ds out soon after starting a new school in sep... yikes this may be harder than I thought!
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

We've done this time of year 3 times. First time we had amazing weather for 2 weeks. the next time we had amazing weather apart from 5 days where it rained a lot. This year we did 19th may for 2 weeks and had the worst weather we ever had in florida. It was torrential rain for hours on end almost every day. Only saw the sun a few days. It was very hot but the rain really got to me. However, it would not put me off going at this time as in Florida you can never guarantee the weather! It could be dry all holiday but very unlikely.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 19, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

How old are the teens? Just wondering as dd's school often have exams for all years end of May/June. I always thought I wouldn't be able to cope with the heat in August but we've been twice now and found it manageable as long as we keep having breaks and don't try to stay out all day. If you do go then I think it will definitely be busier than Feb and I think June can be almost as hot and possibly busy as end of August as lots of schools have trips in June before they break up.
Old 4 Jan 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

Mobile

They will be 14 14 and 12. I hate the idea of back and forth having breaks having done it b4 it's just not us... urgh decisions decisions