Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Dec 18, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
disneybumble3
Proud to wear my Ears

Virgin money travel insurance

Getting a very good quote for our travel insurance with virgin money.

Has anyone used these before?
disneybumble3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 18, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

I used them before but switched last year as annual quote shot up.
We went from £249 to £379 because we both reached age 70, but no medical issues.
Covers were good and felt we wouldn’t have had problems
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 18, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I used them several times before developing a fairly serious health problem - I had a few pre-existing ones but nothing major. On my doctor's advice I've now switched to Aviva.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 18, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
skb 123
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Yes we used to have an annual policy with them. Never had cause to make a claim though.

We're now with Aviva who have been more competitively priced for the last 2 years for the same level of cover and same minor pre-existing medical conditions. And Aviva also offer a discount if you have other Aviva products.
skb 123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 18, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
hotspotuk
Excited about Disney

I used them a few yrs back and was glad I did as I ended up with a 30k medical bill from a hospital near Haines city
hotspotuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 18, 02:32 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Used Boots Travel Insurance this trip (20% cash back via Quidco). We buy individual policies, same underwriter linked as travelling companions, as, in our instance, it's substantially cheaper than a couples policy.

I was admitted to Cape Coral hospital a week after we arrived, the underwriter, TIF Group, was on the ball, initially approving £500 to visit a walk-in clinic to taking over once CC hospital contacted them. Altho I have no idea of the figures being charged from the hospital, I've c$300 of receipts I paid (walk in clinic and prescriptions from the hospital pharmacy), TIF advised I complete my claim form when we return in May.
Old 31 Dec 18, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinders88
Being a bit Goofy

We used them for our first trip to Disney a couple of years ago. One of our children came down with an eye infection, contacted the helpline straight away and they were so helpful, locating the nearest doctor for us. As it happens that doctor didn’t accept insurance patients so we had to pay up front but Virgin refunded everything in full when we returned home. Have taken out a policy with them for our next trip.
Cinders88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 18, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinker's Mum
slightly serious Dibber

we have an annual policy with them at the moment - 10% discount as we have other VM products :-)
First visit to DLP! Campanile Val De France July 2020
Back to Mickey's Lake Villa! Was 2020, then 2021 & now 2022!
Tinker's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Tried using the travel insurance services
Had a very poorly 15 month old baby
Called at 23.10
And explained everything
Called again at 23.31 and said to wait
Absolutely disgusted with the service
Luckily the baby has recovered
But mum is furious as his sister went into fits with the same temperature he was showing
Surely we all pay for a service for when it's needed
So I'm going to be seeking advise on this matter
They have had the money
And we were just left dangling
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
wycombedad
Proud to wear my Ears

In my experience avoid them like the plague!
We used them on our last trip when my son had to have emergency surgery as his appendix burst in the middle of nowhere in Holland (he recovered but we're still getting over the trauma).
THEY WERE APPALLING - so unhelpful, their only objective was to minimise their costs, it was sickening. They didn't return calls, they made everything incredibly difficult, I spent most of my time on the phone to them instead of being with my wife and kids looking after them, I'm spitting teeth just remembering how bad it was.
I really should have put in an official complaint but we were just all so stressed by the experience, I actually had a TIA two days after we got back, thank God we were back in the UK.
I'm not kidding, worst customer service experience I've ever had. I didn't even bother claiming on the insurance for the costs we incurred as I couldn't handle dealing with them any more.