Old 12 May 19, 05:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

And Then There Were Three... The Big 18/21 11 May 2019

Index is here.
Phoe is 21!

So there are 2 ways to ensure that I have a great start to the weekend:

One - have the neighbouring property leave their dining room light on ALL night so it shines straight into my bedroom like I’m sleeping in the blackpool illuminations.

Two: hear your daughter’s alarm going off at four frickin thirty!

Mega tired and it’s 4 parks in one day today plus birthday shenanigans

Went in to say Happy a birthday to Phoe at 5.15 and started crying - hoping I don’t keep doing that all day!

Phoe came into the lounge just after 6 and was surprised to see her balloons and gifts. She opened everything as quickly as she could as we needed to try and leave at 6.45 for our character breakfast with Ariel and Eric. Gdog had a bowl of porridge before leaving so he could take his tablets.

We were slightly behind schedule but had parked at Hollywood studios by 7.15. We then walked along the lake path to get to the boardwalk and were only a couple of minutes late.

Last time we had a breakfast here it was absolutely rammed but it was fairly empty today. We were soon seated and given our plate of pastries. Mum only wanted a mini muffin but because it’s a character breakfast still had to pay the set price.

Food was tasty although the breakfast potatoes were very salty. Jas ate well and had a full drink so I don’t need to worry about her so much today - yesterday she hardly drank anything. Phoe was pleased that she got to meet Ariel.

We then walked to the international gateway entrance to Epcot.

Today is 4 parks in one day where we’re going to do one ride in each park until we get to magic kingdom. We then headed to the bus stop to get the bus to Hollywood studios. We had to wait 15 minutes for a bus and considering the parks are so close together it seemed to take ages to get there.

We went through bag check and into the park just in time to get to the little mermaid show. Jas and gdog had a quick power nap during this one. We stopped in Starbucks to get a coffee for dad and some iced water to refill our cups and then headed for the exit. 2 parks done.

Back to the car and Sat Nav set for Animal kingdom. Grandad ate a quick pastry that we’d taken away from breakfast. I was really struggling with the heat at this point and the cooling towels had to come out. Jas was struggling too and said she couldn’t go on. The plan was to do it’s tough to be a bug as that is normally a small wait and the app said it was 15 mins but by the time we got there it was 40 and no one wanted to wait that long. Tempers were getting frayed and Phoe was getting upset that things weren’t going to plan.

We left gdog and jas in the shade while Phoe mum and I went on triceratops spin which was only 15 minutes. As soon as we’d done this we headed to the exit and back to the car to head straight to magic kingdom - park number 4.

We arrived at the parking lot and I remembered that we had to faff with the monorail/ferry again. We chose the monorail for speed. We were in and went straight to casey’s corner to get lunch. We utilised the app for mobile ordering thinking it would be quicker. Er, no. Totally lost the will to live, although the amount of time lapsed meant that we were able to secure a table inside. Nanny got herself an ice cream sundae from the ice cream parlour opposite.

Grandad commented that he’s started to get wobbly just before the fries arrived (he’s diabetic) and we commented that he’d already had 2 breakfasts and 2 separate snacks of pastries. The walking must be doing him good.

Refuelled and refreshed we headed for our first fastpasses of the day. Phoe and I were going to meet Ariel. Mum and dad has one for its a small world later in the day but at it was only a 15 minute wait they decided to then and took jas with them.

Phoe and I only waited a couple of minutes to meet Ariel where she loved Phoebe’s nails. We then met up with the others including Andrew and Teresa at Gaston’s Tavern where we all went on Buzz Lightyear (except Phoe who didn’t have a fastpass for that one). I followed Jasmine’s tip to shoot the moving targets and managed to get my first 100,000. My total score was 151,000, jas was 209,400, Nanny got 317,400 and gdog got a poor 58,700! Teresa won with a score of 400,000 plus.

The girls then had a fastpass for space mountain with their dad and Teresa. The rest of us went on the ‘blue thing’. It was nice to have a relaxing sit down. While we were waiting for the blue thing we saw 3 more gdog look alike

We took a stroll through the shops on the way to the exit, faffed with the monorail and the tram and were back at the car by 5.30 with a plan to meet at the Olive Garden restaurant at 7.30.

We had a quick dip in the pool which was so refreshing. The plan had been to leave home at ten past 7 but it was nearer half past and then we had to wait 40 minutes for a table so didn’t get seated until just after 8.15. We had got fast passes booked at MK to ride seven dwarves mine train in the dark at 10.20 but this was now looking doubtful.

We had a yummy meal and Phoe had her first legal drink in the US and got to choose a complimentary dessert which the waiters brought out and sang happy birthday. I thought I’d recorded it - but it seems I didn’t press the button properly!

We left at 10.15 and knew we wouldn’t make it to the parking lot, then faff with the monorail etc and get to the ride before 11 which was a shame. Everyone was v tired too.

We have had a lovely day and lost count of the number of times someone wished Phoebe a Happy Birthday.

PHOEBE’S VERSION OF EVENTS BELOW:

Day 9 - Ma Birthdayyy - 4 parks 1 day challenge

I’d set my alarm for 4:30am. It’s tradition I wake in time for my actual birth but because we were leaving at 6:45am. I had to be up extra early to get ready. I’d woken up at 2:05am needing the toilet and hoping it was 4am. When in my bathroom a nice little baby cockroach decided to visit to wish me a happy birthday. Unfortunately it died quite soon after. There was an incident with it being hammered to death by my moisturiser. Poor thing.

I then woke up again at 4am and didn’t go back to sleep. At 4:45 I got in the shower and just after 5am mum came in to see me. And cried and gave me a hug declaring she could cry all day because her baby was 21 and she was tired. Lol. I then told her I’d be sat ready for 5:50am ready to start the day. I had to text her at 5:58am asking if I could come out yet as if gotten lonely on my own!

I then walked out to greet Jas, nanny and grandad posing whilst waiting for them to say “Happy Birthday Phoe” and role their eyes! I then came round the corner to a mini version of a Kardashian/Jenner celebration, just like I wanted! We were then on a tight schedule to open my gifts and cards.

I got some lovely cards from all the family, Jasmine brought me a Disney Princess Designer eyeshadow pallet, which I will be using straight away! Mum got me a few bits and I’ve got to find something I like to go with it, likewise with Nanny and Grandad! Although, they did get me a red Audi A1! - a Toy one! Jaine, Jamie and the kids got me a lovely Tiffany necklace with a P on it. I’d also packed a present from Philipa and Elise, and Georgie and Matt. They were both lovely gifts too!

In the car at 6:50 and I sat in the front so I could show my badges off when we came into the car park and I flashed my annual pass. The plan today was a character breakfast followed by all 4 parks and a Olive Garden dinner.

First up, breakfast at the Boardwalk. We’d driven to Hollywood Studios to park as we could walk to Boardwalk from there. It took about 10 minutes to walk through and arrived at Trattoria El Forno for our breakfast reservation. This is one of my fav character breakfasts. Flynn Rider, Repunzal, Ariel and Eric come round. Ariel is normally pushed aside when it comes to merchandise with her so it’s nice to see she’s still in the parade, has her own ride, a meet and greet and a character breakfast.

Mum and Grandad had Flynn’s Feast, which was a fry up. Jas had a Royale Breakfast, which steak, onion rings and breakfast potatoes, and added scrambled eggs. I was going to have a children’s character waffles, but the lady said there was an adult version it just didn’t appear on the menu! We also had pastries served in a frying pan, relating to both films. Clam shells, ones in the shape of a sun, twisted ones for Rapunzels hair. Nanny just stuck with a few of those. I also order a Ariel cup with an Ariel clip light. Last time I had to have a Tinkerbell one. Gross. We then took photos with all the characters and Ariel loved my ears and wished me happy birthday.

Cheeky bit of annual pass discount off breakfast and the left over pastries into a box, we set of for the short walk to Epcot, for our first park and ride. Through security and headed straight for the Frozen ride. I forget how wet you get on this for such a tiny drop! After this we headed for the bus to Hollywood Studios as Jas And Gdog didn’t want to walk anymore. The bus took a week for it to turn up and we could of been onto our third park but the time we arrived at Hollywood Studios. Straight through the annual pass tapstyles and onto the first showing of The Voyage of The Little Mermaid. Again, I forgot how wet you get on this one! After I stood up I noticed I was in seat number 21! After this a quick stop at Starbucks for a coffee for Gdog and some pastries were eaten also.

Our third park was Animal Kingdom, which opened in 1998. We’d walked back to the car and driven to AK. We’d parked in row 11 Peacock. The plan was to do the It’s Tough to be a Bug show as it was showing 10 minutes but after we got there it ticked over to 40 minutes! It was just after 12pm at this point. Jasmine has them had enough and gave up and wanted to sit down and said she wanted to go home. I then of course got annoyed with that and rode Triceratops Spin with mum and Nanny sulking. We then made the walk back to the car to head over to Magic KIngdom where dad and Teresa were, and everyone’s fast passes were booked.

They were having lunch in Starlight Cafe as we arrived and had lunch in Casey’s Corner. This took forever to arrived. We’d ordered it via the app and waited forever for ours to finally be called. Before we’d gotten our food, we were in our window to meet Ariel. Mum and I had a fast pass for Ariel. Nanny and Gdog has one for It’s a Small World. Dad and Teressa for Peter Pan’s Flight. Dad, Teresa Jas and I for Space. Jas, Nanny, Gdog, mum, Teresa and Dad for Buzz and Nanny, Gdog, Jas, mum and I for Seven Dwarfs for later on this evening.

Mum and I went to meet Ariel and she loved my ears and nails. She also signed my bottle. Mum went to fill up the bottles and to the toilet whilst I went on her ride like a loner. Whilst the others did It’s a Small World. We then all met at Gaston’s Tavern to walk to Buzz. Again, I sat like a loner whilst they all rode it. Mum has the scores and continuously asked my what my score was! I didn’t ride it!

Us four then went onto Space Mountain, and were put to the left hand side and I was in loading bay number 5. This is always much more violent! Not sure if the others seemed to think so! After this we made a slow walk back to the shops where we met mum, nanny and Gdog after they’d been on the blue thing. I’d been looking st the Kate Spade bags again and they’d got more of the collection out now as for some reason I wasn’t feeling them. I’m going to look tomorrow to see if there’s anything I fancy. We then took the monorail back and drove back home. A quick dip into the pool and then got ready for dinner.

We arrived at the Olive Garden to be told it could be up to a 35/40 minute wait! We finally went in about 45 minutes after. We had the iPads again on the table to Jas and I logged on and started the trivia questions. We clicked on games of fandoms hoping for Marvel questions but ended up with Game of Thrones!

We then had the salad and breadsticks come out to start with and ordered drinks. I’d seen the cocktail menu, and now because I can legally drink in the US, felt like I needed to get one! They were $5 each, so in was forced to get 2! A bracardi and coke and a blue Hawaiian. The blue one had pineapple in which I didn’t read at the start and I do not do pineapple!

I ordered the create your own pasta with linguine and a creamy mushroom sauce. Jas has the same but spaghetti and bolognaise sauce, dad has the spaghetti and meatballs. Teresa had a shrimp pasta. Gdog had chicken and garlic mash with soup. Mum just had the salad and nanny had soup and salad.

We then had birthday cake for dessert and I got a free dessert as if was my birthday and chose the doughnuts to take away!

We were supposed to be going to Magic KIngdom for a park close and to do our final FP, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. I don’t think the others were up for it and blamed it on the time saying we wouldn’t make it. We then had to abandon and they said we’d do it another night!

Off home we went, Jasmine almost fell asleep in the car as she is shattered! I’ve had a lovely birthday, thank you to all who wished happy birthday, and for cards and presents!

I was born on the 11th of the 5th 1998. Animal Kingdom opened in 1998. We parked in row 11 in Animal Kingdom. Peacock. P for Phoebe. I was in loading bay number 5 at Space Mountain. And I sat in seat 21 for Voyage of the Little Mermaid

A well deserved lay in tomorrow!

Edited at 10:13 PM.
Dixiechic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Wow! What an epic epic birthday! You did so well to go to all the parks in one day and I love the part about all the signs for your birthday like the P for Phoebe and row 11 etc, thats cute. sounds like a lot of planning and effort went into this day. One question- do you lot never nap?!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Wow! What an epic epic birthday! You did so well to go to all the parks in one day and I love the part about all the signs for your birthday like the P for Phoebe and row 11 etc, thats cute. sounds like a lot of planning and effort went into this day. One question- do you lot never nap?!
Jas and grandad like a nap but that’s it! When Phoe stood up from the chair in little mermaid and saw it was seat 21 we were ‘oooh spooky’ and it just carried on from there!
Old 14 May 19, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Ooo I’ve always wanted to do 4 parks in 1 day!

The Bon Voyage breakfast was a nice start to Phoebe’s birthday. The pastries there are my favourite part, which is funny as I can usually take or leave pastries at TS breakfasts.

Phoebe, I hope you had a lovely birthday.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Happy Birthday Phoebe!

Sounds like a great birthday apart from the flagging in the heat.

I'm seriously considering the 4 park challenge in January for my Birthday
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What a fantastic 21st birthday 🎂🍾🥂

Joan
Old 10 Jun 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Best place in the world to celebrate your 21st at Disney, shame you didn't get to watch the fireworks but the meal looked great.