General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 14 Jun 16, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ljbojangles
Imagineer

ljbojangles's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
~Lapland Again! - 10 days in a winter wonderland!~ Day 4!

Today is our Wedding Anniversary! two whole years of marital bliss!

We got up nice and early, ate our usual breakfast of coco pops and a coffee, got dressed and headed to the bus stop to catch the first ski bus. We had a busy day planned!

Oh and of course we gave each other cards etc - Adam had already given me my present before we left home. It was a cotton set which included towel, slippers, flannel and a gorgeous dressing gown with 'Two Years' embroidered on. I presented him with a voucher that explained that tonight we were going to Winter Laser World!

Anyway... so we got the first bus over and once again were the first people on the slopes. Ideal! We were treated to an amazing sunrise this morning! in fact the weather was amazing all day so this day is particularly photo heavy!

Two runs in - probably time for a hot chocolate and cake break!

and back to skiing...

As you can see the weather was gorgeous today - and the views were absolutely spectacular. It was hard to keep skiing, I just wanted to stop every two seconds to take photos! It just made me fall in love with Levi even more!

We decided since the weather was so good we would try a couple of new runs - there was a blue from the top which looked good. So we headed off to find that - we knew we had to do part of a red run to get to it so that was fine (we can cope with small reds! haha). So I led the way - obviously very confident in where we were going... even though I didnt really have a clue!

Two long red runs later and we realised we had come the wrong way... ok I had led us the wrong way but Adam didnt know either
so now our only way down was a black run! eek! it looked like it just dropped off the end of the world! So I let Adam go first... well he has skiied once more than me and did a few blacks with his friends! I saw him successfully complete two turns and then he disappeared from view - until I saw him slide to the bottom of the slope on his back like a turtle! just the confidence boost I needed...

So I ignored the churning in my stomach and my shaky legs and set off! 4,362 turns later and I made it to the bottom! Legs still shaking!

This is our 'we just accidentally did a black run' face!

At least the surroundings were pretty... hehe.

We decided to stick to runs we knew for our last couple before we needed to head off for lunch...

Skiing done for the day we caught the next bus back into town to get ready for some lunch, husky sledding and laser tag!
Orlando 1995 - 1998 - 2000 - 2007 - 2009 - 2015
ljbojangles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 16, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
ljbojangles
Imagineer

ljbojangles's Reviews
We had lunch in a lovely little cafe in town - I dont have any photos but we had chicken pancakes. My first ever savoury pancake! it was quite nice - followed by cake

We had planned to eat in a lovely pancake house that does amazing pancakes with all sorts of toppings and is generally delicious but it was closed

So once we had finished we strolled over to the information centre to wait for our transport to arrive for husky sledding. While we waited I took a little walk and took more photos...

The mini bus arrived and off we went... it was about a 20 minute drive with gorgeous scenery all around. Time flies in Lapland!

We were shown around the husky farm and met some of the dogs, and also some reindeer I got to feed the reindeer as well which always makes me happy. The staff were so friendly and knowledgeable. It was really cold today so we didnt stand around too long - I was designated driver and Adam sat in comfort on the sled. So he was chief photo taker/videographer!
Here we are about to set off...

and we are off...

It was gorgeous! and cold! lol. Adam's fingers were freezing so this is the only photo he took - but he got a good video on the go pro

We got back to the farm and went into a little hut to warm up by the fire, we were given hot drinks and also sausages to roast over the fire if we wanted.

I then went outside to take some more photos and also spend a bit of time with the dogs.

all the dogs were gorgeous - but this guy was our favourite. He is a wolf hybrid! and as you can see a bit aloof but beautiful!

And so our afternoon of doggy fun came to an end... it was getting dark now and it was time to get back to Levi so we could be picked up for our next activity! Winter Laser World!

We waited at Zero Point and had a hot chocolate and cake... (for a change!)
We were picked up bang on time and the owners were the lovliest people you could choose to meet. They were so friendly and chatty.

It was about a 20 minute drive again into the wilderness - they introduced us to the other people playing who were all french so they had to give instructions in both English and French, even though they are Finnish! I am always in awe of peoples language skills!

We split into boys v girls and the games began! In the end boys won overall - boo! but I dont think I have ever had more fun or been so sweaty in -25 degrees! If you are going to Levi this has to be a must do! it was so much fun and a highlight of the whole trip. They have different games and all sorts of bunkers, trenches and trees to hide in etc. It was just really good fun. And Steve, Viivi and Shenzi (their dog! ) are wonderful accommodating people. We cant wait to go back next year!

Here are some awesome photos they took for us as well...

We got dropped back to Levi, got a pizza to take away and took it back to our apartment - ate that and pretty much flaked out! it had been a busy, fun filled day and the perfect way to spend our 2nd Wedding Anniversary!
ljbojangles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 16, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Fabulous photos - thanks for sharing your special day with us.

Have just shown DH and he's mega interested! (We are canada die hards! )

Katie x x x
katiec68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 16, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ljbojangles
Imagineer

ljbojangles's Reviews
Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
Fabulous photos - thanks for sharing your special day with us.

Have just shown DH and he's mega interested! (We are canada die hards! )

Katie x x x
Thanks for reading!

Ah its an amazing place! we would like to try Canada some day! xx
Old 16 Mar 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
moolie19
Imagineer

moolie19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Loved looking at these, hubbie and I don’t ski but have just booked to spend Christmas this year in Levi.
moolie19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List