Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 9 Jan 19, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by disney_daddy View Post
We all stayed onsite and had the free Disney dining included so just headed down to Disney springs and had a meal at the boat house, then we finished the day off with a cruise on grand yacht 1 watching the fireworks from magic kingdom with a drink each in hand.

disneyworld.disney.go/en...ialty-cruises/
sorry one more question for you! what did you think of the oat house as the venue for your 'reception' meal? the enu looks amazing but every time weve tried to vsiit its been booked up!. I have a reservation for may but would like to have the meal booked before then. did you just do a normal disney ADR or book a private dining event?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_daddy
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tashifer View Post
sorry one more question for you! what did you think of the oat house as the venue for your 'reception' meal? the enu looks amazing but every time weve tried to vsiit its been booked up!. I have a reservation for may but would like to have the meal booked before then. did you just do a normal disney ADR or book a private dining event?
It was lovely very good quality and the staff couldn't do enough. I contacted them via there Facebook page around 9 months before our date as it was a large group 15 of us and they booked us in with no problems. No card was needed either unlike normal ADRs.
Old 9 Jan 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_daddy
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tashifer View Post
your wedding day sounds like our idea of a perfect day! would you mind telling us a bit more about the timings of the day and the cruise you took? for example how much it cost? did you bring the drinks yourself? did you think it was worth it? if im clogging up this feed do you mind sending me the info in a dm or email? TIA!
Not at all. We got married on our 2nd full day out there so booked an early weeding slot of 10.30am as we knew we would still be getting up at silly o clock due to jetlag so had plenty of time to get ready.

We had transport included in our package but the DW loves her VW campers so I hired one as a surprise wedding car for her to take her there then bring us both back.

Once the ceremony and usual photos was over we headed back to CBR at around 12.00 to get changed into something more in keeping with the blazing hot weather lol then head to our 1.30 reservation at the boat house.

We then hit magic kingdom for a few hours before heading to grand Floridian to catch the yacht we got on board around 7pm for the 7.30 firework showing at the magic kingdom they pipe in all music it truly is worth every penny in my option anyway.

we hired it for 1.5hrs drinks cost extra and you can also have food on board too they will send you a menu if you ask as everything must be ordered in advance. Cost us around $600 I think back in 2016 as I say worth every penny great way to end the day.
Old 9 Jan 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post

thanks so much! your day is basically how we would like ours to turn out!. were staying in POFQ and my M and D are staying at OKW so either is a good stop from disney springs to get freshened up! im not sure whether i would like to wear my dress for the meal so i might wear it for the meal and then get changed afterwards for some time in the park. did you get to go on many rides or did you more soak up the atmosphere and get some photopass photos in front of the castle etc?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 19, 01:36 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_daddy
Excited about Disney

you can not wear your dress in the parks I am afraid. Both me and the DW got changed before the meal and hitting magic kingdom as it was too damn hot anyway. we had a FP for mine train, we got the whole wedding party on the video they do which was great.
Old 5 Mar 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
squish
Excited about Disney

Hiya! We are also planning to get married at Paradise Cove in October We booked direct with the venue in the end as I felt it was easier to ask questions etc rather than through a third party.
Our ceremony is at 11.30am and we are going to go for lunch after at Bahama Breeze. I really struggled with what to do after the ceremony to be honest. There are 15 adults and 4 young children so I wanted something fairly relaxed but where we could have a private area. We have booked one of BB's gazebos which should hopefully be nice, lol. Not got as far as what to do the rest of the day/evening...

We are staying in apartments in Lake Buena Vista, love the idea of having food and drinks at a villa after! Wish we had thought of that
squish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List