Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 1 Jun 18, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Just the Two of Us SSR & Teppan Edo

As promised, some pictures of our room at SSR - Grandstand.

EMH at Magic Kingdom this morning. Loved being first on the bus, but didn’t like that it took another 15 minutes to actually leave the resort. Arrived at MK for 8ish, had a wander round and went straight over to Buzz then 7 Dwarves Mine Train.

A very quiet Main Street

We then had a 9.30am reservation at Be Our Guest, and we had pre-ordered so we went straight in. I had Feast a la Gaston with no egg, and DH had Assorted Cured Meats & Cheese. These were served with the usual pastries and fruit. We very much enjoyed our breakfast here, although I have no idea what happened to the pictures I took of the food! I did manage to sit in the ballroom this time, and thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere in here.

We were finished in MK for 10.30am and were actually shattered so went back to the room to get ready for a little trip to Walmart and Dollar Tree. I picked up a couple of bottles of my favourite fanta – a pineapple one and a strawberry one, some creamer, sugar, a lilo ready for the villa, some English toasting bread and some butter. Spent $36.74 as I also had to purchase a watch. My fitness band did not alter from UK time, so I bought a little $7.99 white watch. Spent a further $5 in Dollar Tree buying instant coffee, eye drops and books for DH.

We had a 7.30pm reservation at Teppan Edo and when I arrived at Epcot I realised I didn’t have my magic band! DH went back to the car to look, and I went to Guest Services who issued me a card to gain entrance. DH had found my magic band in the car though, so all was well.

My first cocktail was a Tokyo Sunset which, although I don’t drink, I managed some of this as it was very fruity and not very alcoholic. The food here was absolutely amazing. We loved it. I had fillet mignon and DH had NY cut steak.

This is one of the few receipts I have with prices on, and this is a meal I would have gladly paid for.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018

Edited at 04:39 PM.
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 18, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The room looks lovely, nice balcony from what we can see. Sounds like a great first day in MK and then an awesome dinner.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 18, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great day

Joan
Old 2 Jun 18, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Great first day. I must make it to Dollar Tree this year!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 18, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
beck_loz
Imagineer

beck_loz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great start
beck_loz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 18, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Great first day. Nice view from room. SSR is huge resort.
Old 15 May 19, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
BrilliantBadger
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

It looks so lovely, there are my 2 places to eat on my first day too!
BrilliantBadger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List