Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 15 May 19, 04:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

And Then There Were Three... The Big 18/21 14 May 2919

Index is here

Jas turns 18!

It was almost midnight by the time I finishing writing yesterday’s notes. Slept fairly well (woke up too hot at one point) until I heard someone say ‘mum there’s a beeping in my room’. It was Jas and it was 5.15. All she wanted for her birthday was a nice lie in!

I went up to her room and it was the smoke alarm, like the battery had gone but I couldn’t see where to open it like you do on ours at home. I tried to persuade her to come and get in with me but she wouldn’t. When I got back downstairs I could hear it anyway. Not sure how everyone else stayed asleep.

Dad managed to get the battery compartment open and take the battery out but it didn’t stop beeping. I thought we were going to have to have a Phoebe from Friends moment where she throws the smoke alarm in the garbage. We had a rummage in the container in the pantry but that just had light bulbs and double and triple A so gdog nipped to Publix to get the right one. Half an hour later all was fixed and Jas went back to sleep.

Jas has already requested marmite on toast squares at 10am so I went for a swim, then enjoyed fried egg on toast and Phoe and I then went in the jacuzzi.

Jas has her toast and finally appeared at 11 and opened her gifts. Jas doesn’t like the attention unlike Phoe so we kept it low key.

We then set off for Disney Springs to have Blaze Pizza for lunch. The sky was very black by now and it just started to rain as we arrived at Blaze and got undercover seating. We made our orders - I love it here, you get your base and choose your sauce and cheese and then go along the counter like subway and choose your toppings. By the time we came out with the pizzas it was torrential rain, thunder and lightning so for once we had got our timing right. Blaze is the first place we’ve been to that have done away with straws - the lids now have a sippy hole.

Once the rain had subsided we went to look at the Lego store as Jas was after the Hogwarts castle with her birthday money. Purchase made - it’s very heavy so a bit worried about the weight! She was able to use her vip points too. We then went in a couple of other shops while we waited for the cloud to disappear to see if golf was going to be on or not.

Phoebe purchased a lovely twin poncho in the hope that now we won’t get any more rain! Nanny merrily went off the till and Phoe had to go running after her so she could use her discount.

We decided to give golf a go and 10 minutes later we were checking in. 14 or 21 day tickets have a free session of crazy golf each day before 4, so we just had to pay for Phoebe’s ticket.

Phoe took the first shot and got a hole one one! It was a close game with me being the eventual winner and everyone accusing me of cheating because I was the score keeper! We were home by 5 and had a cheeky sit down before getting ready to go to the Olive Garden for Jasmine’s birthday dinner.

Reece and Sarah were joining us tonight, having arrived yesterday. (Shout out to Reece’s Aunty!) We all met at 6.30 ish and had to wait 25 minutes for a table.

No fuss for Jas, so no cake, no free dessert - I did put her cake topper in her spag Bol though!

Good food as always - I’ve not had a bad meal here. We left around 8.45 and we dropped Sarah and Reece back at their hotel.

Had a couple of games of cards but came a bit unstuck as I’d managed to somehow leave the 8 of diamonds in the packet!

Jas was born on 14th May 01. She got 14 birthday cards, we parked on level 5 of the car park at Disney Springs played 18 holes and she got a hole in one on hole 14!

Saw 2 gdog clones today

I’m so tired as I’m Still not sleeping properly and have managed to pick up a cold from somewhere.

PHOEBE’S VERSION OF EVENTS BELOW:

Day 12 - Jasmines Birthday

Set my alarm for 8am this morning, knowing Jasmine wouldn’t be awake. I had a swim with mum in a freezing cold pool and then into the nice warm jacuzzi. Showers and ready for 10am to feed Jas her marmite squares she’d requested as her birthday breakfast.

She then showered and “Thanks. 👍🏻” everyone for all her birthday posts. She’s a girl of many words this one! She then came down to her little collection and celebration. She didn’t want a fuss and people to know it’s her birthday.

Philipa and Elise got a few Marvel bits as did mum. She got money off the family and some dollars off family friends and Jaine, as the other part of her present didn’t arrived in time for us to pack. I then got her 18 presents which she had to open in order. Some packets of sweets, a Marvel Character book, mini Marvel Lego figures and a $100 bill later, she’s one happy gal. She also had 14 cards to put up.

We then set off for Disney Springs for lunch at Blaze. We parked on Level 5. Just as we got to Blaze it started to Chuck it down and storm!

It was just starting to ease up as

we left Blaze And made our way to the Lego store. Once in the Lego store she was looking at the Hogwarts Castle, Disney Castle And some of the Avengers sets. She settle on the Hogwarts Castle, which weighs a ton. The Titanic is defo not coming home with us.

After the Lego purchase we then went to look in the World of Disney store where I got a few more bits. Gdog found us to say Nanny had gone to pay, but she needed to have me with her to get the annual pass discount! I then ran, yet again after her, to the till and flung my pass at the lady.

We then met dad and Teresa in the store whilst they were getting a few bits. I was fed up on wearing bin bags as ponchos and still be soaked so I brought a Minnie Mouse poncho, probably made for a child, which was more like a sturdy rain jacket rather than a poncho. I spent $50 on the stupid thing and it didn’t rain once more today. I don’t want to wish the rain here, but if it doesn’t rain again I’ll be mega hacked off. And I know I’ll look a pleb in it back at home and people will think what on earth is she wearing, but I get that a lot with some things I wear. Like tonight I have bright blue eyeshadow and to me I look fab 🤣 others may not think so, the people who matter most to me, their opinions matter, however the rest of society. Screw what they think, I’m doing me! If they’re looking at me judging me and talking behind my back, they’re still looking at me and their attention is all on ME!

We then headed over to Crazy golf, because it has stopped raining. Jas chose the Winterland course - 18 holes. I went first and got a hole in one of the first go! It was very close, mum won, I think she fixed it, nanny and I joint second, Gdog 4th ans Jas 5th.

We then went back to the car and made the journey home to get ready for dinner at the Olive Garden. We took two cars ready to take Sarah and Reece home afterwards as they’re only round the corner.

Another 35/40 minute wait. Dad and Teresa arrived then followed shortly after by Sarah and Reece. We then went to our table and ordered. I had the same as Saturday, linguine with a creamy mushroom sauce. Jas had the same, spaghetti with meat sauce, Sarah had pasta with chicken and traditional marina, Reece had chicken and shrimp carbonara, mum had linguine with veg and maybe chicken. Nanny had soup and salad. Gdog had a stuffed chicken with soup. Teresa has pasta shrimp and veg and dad has a pesto pasta with maybe chicken. Nanny also ordered a chocolate cake dessert.

Jasmine didn’t want a cake or any fuss so didn’t open her card from dad and Teresa or Sarah until the end. Sarah kindly got Jasmine $18, and I got the best present. We’re going to see Disney on Ice in November! So exited!

Just as we were about to leave, a man across the restaurant had his free dessert delivered to him and everyone sung happy birthday, we then joined in but sang it to her! Nobody else really paid attention to her!

We then dropped Sarah and Reece back at their hotel which was just found the corner. Mum only had a few issues with her Navigation! Mum also commented on how she thought Reece “seems lovely and sensible and he has his head screwed on”, you’ve impressed them Reece! Also shout out to Reece Aunt who reads us on the DIBB!

After we got home we played 3 games of 7’s and put in quarters, I lost every game. Mum won once and Jas won the other two. I sprayed some bug spray on my arms and legs as I felt stiff crawling all over me. I’d managed to spray right in the direction of the table and made them all cough. Mum and I found it hilarious! Jas had to get up and leave!

Jas enjoyed her day and the trip to the lego store. Ready for tomorrow’s trip to Magic KIngdom.

Edited at 04:06 AM.
Dixiechic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Happy Birthday Jas!
Phoebe thank you for sharing photos of the pizzas, no good hearing about how yummy they are I need to see them! love food pics.
A nice relaxed day aside from the beeping smoke alarm! Good old gdog. Weird how many men are wearing that outfit?
We haven’t been to crazy golf but anni tells me its fab, so is on list for next time. (Still not looking like there will be one yet but hey ho a girl can dream, in fact Ann, you have so many visitors this trip I think I should have just come along too!) nobody would have noticed Olive Garden looks lovely am adding that to my list too. A fab day I say! 🎂👏🏻🥰

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Mamie Baldwin
VIP Dibber

Mobile

the people who matter most to me, their opinions matter, however the rest of society. Screw what they think, I’m doing me! If they’re looking at me judging me and talking behind my back, they’re still looking at me and their attention is all on ME!

I love it, a fab attitude to have. I’m loving your joint trippie too.
Mamie Baldwin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Happy birthday, what a way to spend it. and the pizzas look lovely!
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
l33na
VIP Dibber

I’m really really enjoying your trip report. More so because you are there now. I love reading Phoebe’s version of events too.

Happy birthday to Phoebe and Jas. It’s so special spending your birthday’s in Florida surrounded by family. Last year was the first time I was in Florida for my birthday and I too chose to eat at Olive Garden. Love it there.

Looking forward to read the rest of the trippie x
l33na is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Poor Jasmine with n unwanted wake up call on her birthday. Hope you had a lovely day Jasmine.

Blaze looks great!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
eleele
Apprentice Imagineer

Belated Happy Birthday to Jasmine!
eleele is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I know I'm late but Happy Birthday Jas!

Sounds like a lovely day.

My DH is always accusing me of cheating when scoring whether it be at cards or golf... he of course is welcome to take over the scoring anytime
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good birthday celebration

Joan
Old 11 Jun 19, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Typical over the alarm beeping! Sounds like Jas had the birthday she wanted (apart from the beeping) looks like a good day all round.