Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 21 Nov 18, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by nats1211 View Post
Definitely not what you expect at Disney!
I’m pleased you enjoyed your evening, I’d probably have been in such a mood I’d have spoilt it for myself.
We were so determined that it did not impact in that way, we only have a few nights on site and time afterwards to sort it out.

Wine was needed though!

Originally Posted by clubhouse View Post
Glad the horrible check in didn’t ruin the whole day. I would never have expected such poor customer service. I do hope WDTC apologise and compensate in some way.
We would never have expected this either and have to admit it took us aback.

Will keep you updated in future days as to how we got on with WDTC!

Thanks for reading and posting a comment too, hope you enjoy the rest of the trip

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 18, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by KittyBlackDog View Post
can’t even speak!

I’m glad your Sanaa server was able to sprinkle some pixie dust on an otherwise irksome afternoon.

Thank goodness for the server, she really did get it and was just as too. x

Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
Such a rubbish start 😢 To be honest I suspect the staff at Port Orleans were limited by the systems but that totally shouldn’t be your problem.

So glad Sana’a rescued the day a little bit - it’s one of our favourites 😀

Spot on with your post - it really was to do with computer systems and in this day and age that is not a good thing when the whole of WDW seems too have so many different computer systems, that, like MDE don't work as efficiently as they should.

Have to admit Sanaa will be on the list again

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 19, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

I’m so sorry to read about the stress you experienced whilst checking in. We all long to be immersed in that Disney Bubble every year, so when something like this happens it’s a shock to the system!

I’m pleased Disney managed to resolved this for... eventually! No wonder you needed a lay down.

I really hope you all got your Disney mojo back very soon
Old 5 Feb 19, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
so sorry to read this x
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 19, 01:34 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mouselover22 View Post
I’m so sorry to read about the stress you experienced whilst checking in. We all long to be immersed in that Disney Bubble every year, so when something like this happens it’s a shock to the system!

I’m pleased Disney managed to resolved this for... eventually! No wonder you needed a lay down.

I really hope you all got your Disney mojo back very soon

They get a bit more if you keep on reading to days not yet posted

We put all of this to one side and did not let it spoil our onsite stay. It was a shock to the system and to be honest still asks more questions as to their systems.

Disney mojo in the whole of the rest of the trip

Originally Posted by summersun View Post
so sorry to read this x

Keep reading and you will see how it all ends up

Old 20 Feb 19, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Ugh, what a horrible experience. Glad the manager finally put things right, and the server at Sanaa rescued a little bit of the magic for you.

POR was our first ever stay and the service was superb, so I don't think it has anything to do with being a moderate.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Ugh, what a horrible experience. Glad the manager finally put things right, and the server at Sanaa rescued a little bit of the magic for you.

POR was our first ever stay and the service was superb, so I don't think it has anything to do with being a moderate.
Staff at POR were excellent, it was the call centre that they had to report into that was much of the problem, the manager saw through a way to get a solution to a very unDisney experience.

Server in Sanaa was excellent and really did help rescue the day.

Have much more updates on this later in the trip as we were determined for this not to spoil our first time at POR.

Old 19 May 19, 03:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Mad Hatters
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Such a shame for your Disney stay to start like that. At least the manager started to put things right eventually.

As for Sanaa, we are huge fans. I completely get how you enjoyed it so much, especially with such a good server.
Mad Hatters is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Mad Hatters View Post
Such a shame for your Disney stay to start like that. At least the manager started to put things right eventually.

As for Sanaa, we are huge fans. I completely get how you enjoyed it so much, especially with such a good server.
Sanaa rescued the day , thanks to the server

Our start will perhaps be worth reading as we go on

We did go long though

Old 1 Jun 19, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

What a terrible check in experience. I think I would have been as angry about the time wasted at check in as I was about the incompetent person at UK Disney who couldn't put your booking onto the system correctly. You'd think that it would just be one system across both parts of the company so that things like this couldn't happen. At least the manager found a way to give you what you should have had in the end and the server in Saana helped make things better too. We love Saana too.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List